Running out of ideas

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I have the opposite problem. My Imagination overflows far faster than I could hope to write. Not to mention the lack of focus. . .

Temple

Try rereading your story. This mostly works though if it's already long. When I reread, I come upon forgotten plot points, or random bits that weren't really supposed to be clues, but then I realize would be cool to make into a backstory.

Katsuya

Go outside. Get some fresh air and forget. Don't think too much about your story- or at least in moderation. Too much thinking makes it worse. I have plenty of experience. You can watch something, read something and yeah.

To add on the outside thing- look around and like... idk. ig like think of stuff based on your surroundings. u can also come up with a story idea like that. talk to yourself. put your own thoughts/emotions into it- like what do you think of that.

Think outside the box.

Oh, wait, midway? hmm~ I mean, if there's something coming later on, like romance, then you can slowly pull the idea in.

i probably wasnt't of any help but yeah.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I am probably older than most of you and already have a family.

If that is your polite way of saying my novel sucks then ok but i am probably older than you and I have a family thank you.
No offense intended. I'm speaking from countless hours of holding my nipple in my baby's mouth and countless more hours of playing buffet table when he no longer needed me to use a C-hold and started climbing on top of me to nurse. My story went on hold when he was born. I'd appreciate it if you dropped by and gave me a one-star rating, by the way 😇

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
What do some of you guys do when you're running out of ideas to write? I have hit major writer's block.
Rest.

Sometimes— go in a hiatus, find the meaning of life, do philosophical stuff, find inspiration, or drop it...
Just kidding, don't drop it.
Good luck, that's what you'll need the most. If the goddess of misfortune decides to show her lingerie to you, I am pretty sure you'll do just fine.

Also, rest... That's the important part. The pandemonium known as the pandemic ain't really a good place to find inspiration. Further research in the internet will be also a good help.

Don't force yourself. Please, just keep in mind, optimism can save lives when you least expect it.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
What do some of you guys do when you're running out of ideas to write? I have hit major writer's block.
Writing a different scenario or a side story for my story so that i can start fresh in my novel

hartetg

Man i was somewhat joking. Sorry if i offended you.
I'm not offended, it takes a lot to do that.
Writing a different scenario or a side story for my story so that i can start fresh in my novel
I never thought of that
No offense intended. I'm speaking from countless hours of holding my nipple in my baby's mouth and countless more hours of playing buffet table when he no longer needed me to use a C-hold and started climbing on top of me to nurse. My story went on hold when he was born. I'd appreciate it if you dropped by and gave me a one-star rating, by the way 😇
Wow, when i nursed I couldn't imagine trying to work on a book. I lost my first book I was working on by putting it on hold, then the computer it was on crashed and lost it forever.

scribesaga

couple things.

consider re-writing the story from the beginning. Discover what excited you about the story and characters and come up with new ways to write the narrative.

If that doesn't work then I would suggest taking a short break. Watch good movies, shows, and read a lot.

Lastly, I've found that my mind works better when I'm not under any form of influence, alcohol specifically. I went cold turkey and after a week my ideas have never been clearer.