Resolved Scheduled update and Chapter Error

CookieCrumble

Hi. So I just make my account several days ago and publish my story here. Here's the link to my story https://www.scribblehub.com/series/228465/the-wiz/

The fourth chapter (1.03) were scheduled today at around 14:00 (GMT+7, my local time). However it was never published even after I wait for 2 hours.

I checked the forum and there are advice floating around to set your time zone in the account preferences.

I did just that and set the update to be 2 minutes after my editing. However, after waiting for 15 minutes, its only updating at the dashboard.

The dashboard said it was already published but, when I check it on the [Last Update] section on the main page and on the story page itself, the chapter never got updated. I even try to use the next button from the previous chapter (1.02), which of course fail.

So I delete the chapter and republish it with same title which indeed fix the bug. However, my story got kicked to 10th page on the latest update section. It said I publish it 10 hours ago.

Is there anything I could do?

Thanks

P.S I also have another chapter scheduled using the schedule function, should I just stop using it altogether and publish manually?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hi. So I just make my account several days ago and publish my story here. Here's the link to my story https://www.scribblehub.com/series/228465/the-wiz/

The fourth chapter (1.03) were scheduled today at around 14:00 (GMT+7, my local time). However it was never published even after I wait for 2 hours.

I checked the forum and there are advice floating around to set your time zone in the account preferences.

I did just that and set the update to be 2 minutes after my editing. However, after waiting for 15 minutes, its only updating at the dashboard.

The dashboard said it was already published but, when I check it on the [Last Update] section on the main page and on the story page itself, the chapter never got updated. I even try to use the next button from the previous chapter (1.02), which of course fail.

So I delete the chapter and republish it with same title which indeed fix the bug. However, my story got kicked to 10th page on the latest update section. It said I publish it 10 hours ago.

Is there anything I could do?

Thanks

P.S I also have another chapter scheduled using the schedule function, should I just stop using it altogether and publish manually?
Regarding the schedule problem, what probably happened was that you edited the chapter after you had already scheduled it. This makes the schedule stop working IIRC.

Regarding the thing of your story being sent to the 10th page, that's the anti-cheating function kicking in. Since you deleted and reuploaded the same chapter, the system automatically considers the reuploaded chapter to be released at the same time as the original release in order to avoid people artificially bumping their story.

CookieCrumble

Regarding the schedule problem, what probably happened was that you edited the chapter after you had already scheduled it. This makes the schedule stop working IIRC.

Regarding the thing of your story being sent to the 10th page, that's the anti-cheating function kicking in. Since you deleted and reuploaded the same chapter, the system automatically considers the reuploaded chapter to be released at the same time as the original release in order to avoid people artificially bumping their story.

Thank you for replying. So if I need to edit my already scheduled chapter I should just delete it and make the new one?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Thank you for replying. So if I need to edit my already scheduled chapter I should just delete it and make the new one?
IIRC you need to edit and then re-schedule, but I'm not 100% sure.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I know it's stupid but check your timezone when you upload as well. When I scheduled my first chapter, I accidentally set it to Great Free Land America and promptly got assraped when I realized I "published" ten hours behind me.

CookieCrumble

IIRC you need to edit and then re-schedule, but I'm not 100% sure.

Okay thanks for the help.

I know it's stupid but check your timezone when you upload as well. When I scheduled my first chapter, I accidentally set it to Great Free Land America and promptly got assraped when I realized I "published" ten hours behind me.

Yeah already did it. Mine were set at London time. I wait like two hours before realizing something must go awfully wrong

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Yeah already did it. Mine were set at London time. I wait like two hours before realizing something must go awfully wrong
I understand your pain. I felt like the dumbest guy on the planet and subsequently felt dumber than that.