Scribble Hub Boy's Love Zine!

pumpkinewe

Calling all Authors of Boy's Love content on Scribble Hub to join me in making a BL Zine. All that is required is to have an active or completed story here on Scribble Hub that you would like to promote! Limited to one story per author. It will be a free digital Zine for all to read and have! You can even let your favorite Scribble Hub BL Authors know so that they can also sign up! :blob_highfive:

The Requirements are as follows:
  1. A completed or active (Updated in the past 6 months) Story.
  2. The main couple must be male-identifying characters.
  3. All content must have proper warnings.
  4. Posted on Scribble Hub. They can also post content on other websites but must also be on Scribble Hub.

To be able to create for the zine, you can send me your story information, which must include:
  • An image for your story. It may be art by you or someone else. If not by you, permission from the artist must be granted. Book covers are allowed but must be plain and have no text. The art should also follow Scribble Hub TOS. So they must deem the art Safe For Work.
  • The title of your novel.
  • Your Author/Penname.
  • A short summary of your novel. You may use the synopsis you already have or can make something shorter.
  • Genre. This may include any you have marked, such as fantasy, sci-fi, action, romance, or thriller. No more than 3 genres are to be picked out, as there must be space on the zine page.
  • Rating of your novel. Mature is for adult-oriented content (sex and strong violence/gore) and General is everything else. If it has explicit sex scenes that must be told about, I can mark it Mature (Explicit).
  • Any content warnings for your novel. This is to prevent anyone from reading anything that may trigger them. The most common things are gore, violence, sexual content, powerful language, and the such. If it could trigger someone, it is best to warn so all our readers can feel safe reading.
  • Any tags you would like to add? Please keep the number of tags reasonable as it has to fit on the zine page.
  • Your story! Content! There will be a space to post your content! It must be a chapter or excerpt from your novel no longer than 3k words. If there are any triggers in the text, it must be warned before the excerpt in an author's note.
  • Lastly, a link to your scribble hub profile, story, and any other social media (optional). This includes Twitter, Tumblr, and the like. If the art is not your own, this is where you can credit and link the artist.
Happy creating authors! Don't forget to message or comment if you are interested in working with me on the zine! Join me in bringing more light to content on BL content of Scribble Hub!

pumpkinewe

Doesn't BL palace do something similar, though?
BL Palace has a newsletter and the anthologies, yes. Though a zine is a bit different, as they are usually a onetime thing. This has been talked about on the BL Palace server too! Right now, this is just an interest check to see if anyone would like to join us!

avaseofpeonies

your cool weird auntie
I'd be interested. I'm pleased to see that you're including ongoing stories. I think more of them could become completed stories if we could get more eyes on them. Few readers gets so discouraging.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I'd be interested. I'm pleased to see that you're including ongoing stories. I think more of them could become completed stories if we could get more eyes on them. Few readers gets so discouraging.
https://forms.gle/aQJXXNJJ92wsNC7XA free chibi exclusive for BL couples to be advertised in BLBL newsletter :blob_hide:

Spread the word.

pumpkinewe

If you would like I could save you a slot! Messaging me either on discord or email will be the best way to message me about your submission. Let me know which is more convenient for you!

avaseofpeonies

your cool weird auntie
If you would like I could save you a slot! Messaging me either on discord or email will be the best way to message me about your submission. Let me know which is more convenient for you!
Email, probably. I have a discord account, but I haven't really figured out how to use it yet 😅 Do you want to pm me your address, or have you made it public somewhere?

Zaiakuma

Colour me interested~ :blob_hide:

And I'm probably the easiest to reach through the BLP server

pumpkinewe

UPDATE:
I will now be taking full submissions for the BL Zine. If you would like to be a part of it make sure you PM here or at pumpkinewe on discord!

A reminder of what is to be needed to be in the zine.

The Requirements are as follows:
  1. A completed or active (Updated in the past 6 months) Story.
  2. The main couple must be male-identifying characters.
  3. All content must have proper warnings.
  4. Posted on Scribble Hub. They can also post content on other websites but must also be on Scribble Hub.

To be able to create for the zine, you can send me your story information, which must include:
  • An image for your story. It may be art by you or someone else. If not by you, permission from the artist must be granted. Book covers are allowed but must be plain and have no text. The art should also follow Scribble Hub TOS. So they must deem the art Safe For Work.
  • The title of your novel.
  • Your Author/Penname.
  • A short summary of your novel. You may use the synopsis you already have or can make something shorter.
  • Genre. This may include any you have marked, such as fantasy, sci-fi, action, romance, or thriller. No more than 3 genres are to be picked out, as there must be space on the zine page.
  • Rating of your novel. Mature is for adult-oriented content (sex and strong violence/gore) and General is everything else. If it has explicit sex scenes that must be told about, I can mark it Mature (Explicit).
  • Any content warnings for your novel. This is to prevent anyone from reading anything that may trigger them. The most common things are gore, violence, sexual content, powerful language, and the such. If it could trigger someone, it is best to warn so all our readers can feel safe reading.
  • Any tags you would like to add? Please keep the number of tags reasonable as it has to fit on the zine page.
  • Your story! Content! There will be a space to post your content! It must be a chapter or excerpt from your novel no longer than 3k words. If there are any triggers in the text, it must be warned before the excerpt in an author's note.
  • Lastly, a link to your scribble hub profile, story, and any other social media (optional). This includes Twitter, Tumblr, and the like. If the art is not your own, this is where you can credit and link the artist.

avaseofpeonies

your cool weird auntie
HI! I'm still interested in this, but I have some questions.

Will this be a publication here on SH? If so, what account will it be posted on?

Do you have a deadline? Or will this be an ongoing publication?

For images, do you mean a book cover can't have its title on it? Do you want images sent to you as an attachment, or do you want a link to hosting ( which SH needs to add images)

For the content portion - it seems a bit much to send you up to 3k words in a dm, and there would be formatting issues. If the content is lengthy, can we tell you what chapter(s) we'd like included and let you c/p from the story here on SH?

pumpkinewe

HI! I'm still interested in this, but I have some questions.

Will this be a publication here on SH? If so, what account will it be posted on?

Do you have a deadline? Or will this be an ongoing publication?

For images, do you mean a book cover can't have its title on it? Do you want images sent to you as an attachment, or do you want a link to hosting ( which SH needs to add images)

For the content portion - it seems a bit much to send you up to 3k words in a dm, and there would be formatting issues. If the content is lengthy, can we tell you what chapter(s) we'd like included and let you c/p from the story here on SH?

It will be a file for download and viewing pleasure. We will create the Zine as a PDF, which you can download and view for your pleasure.

The deadline is ideally before the BL Palace Banquet for this year, but we can still take submissions after it. The cutoff is a hard deadline of August 31st.

The reason for the book cover not having the titles is for access to readability due to the different font types for novel covers. An example of how the cover will end up looking in the zine is like this. It will blur the image enough that you can tell what the general vibe of the novel is, but not draw too much attention away from the title and author's name.

1689266080581.png

Images can be sent as an attachment through Discord/email. It's honestly through whichever means is most comfortable for you.

3k words can be a bit much as I found. 1k words of my novel took up 3 pages of the zine but 3k is the maximum length of the excerpt. If you would like to send something less than 3k, that is perfectly okay. Whichever way is most comfortable for you to send it works. Whether that be a Google Doc or telling me the chapter or where in the SH Novel what section you would like me to use directly.

You can DM me through the form or through my discord at pumpkinewe. I can also give you my email if you would rather send information through email.

I hope this answered all your questions.

avaseofpeonies

your cool weird auntie
It will be a file for download and viewing pleasure. We will create the Zine as a PDF, which you can download and view for your pleasure.

The deadline is ideally before the BL Palace Banquet for this year, but we can still take submissions after it. The cutoff is a hard deadline of August 31st.

The reason for the book cover not having the titles is for access to readability due to the different font types for novel covers. An example of how the cover will end up looking in the zine is like this. It will blur the image enough that you can tell what the general vibe of the novel is, but not draw too much attention away from the title and author's name.

View attachment 20428

Images can be sent as an attachment through Discord/email. It's honestly through whichever means is most comfortable for you.

3k words can be a bit much as I found. 1k words of my novel took up 3 pages of the zine but 3k is the maximum length of the excerpt. If you would like to send something less than 3k, that is perfectly okay. Whichever way is most comfortable for you to send it works. Whether that be a Google Doc or telling me the chapter or where in the SH Novel what section you would like me to use directly.

You can DM me through the form or through my discord at pumpkinewe. I can also give you my email if you would rather send information through email.

I hope this answered all your questions.

Ok, thanks! I'll start putting things together.