Secretly a menace/ *read in Vin Diesel's voice* No one messes with famiry

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
Okay, okay, I have some bugs to work out, not sure of anyone has done this yet, but I'm kinda hoping so I can have some reference to go off instead off jumping off a cliff blind.

My little hiccup I'd that I want to make a friendly and easy going second main character, after meeting the first one and seeing that she's in grave danger snd things might get hairy for her in days to come decide to be proactive and go full psychopath.

So here's the thing after enduring her safety the second main character proceeds to bomb the police department in hopes of them focusing on a terrorist group in the area instead of the 2 or them for reasons.

I just wanna is this a good move or should I just go with underground illegal acts to keep the first main character out of the eyes of people after her.
I mean I plan to do that too, but I want to show a darker side to this character that they more or less hide from everyone for now.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I went ahead and checked your profile to see/read the story and get some more background info on it and about the characters, but then there was nothing. Oh well. If this is a modern-day story, I would say this:

Bombing the police station is as good of a move to get off the heat of yourself as putting mentos into coke and trying to close back the cap on it.

If it is about the fact that 1st MC gets to lay low and almost avoids being caught but then gets pursued extra hard because 2nd MC went ahead and did a 4th of July on them for funsies... that is a different thing.

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
I went ahead and checked your profile to see/read the story and get some more background info on it and about the characters, but then there was nothing. Oh well. If this is a modern-day story, I would say this:

Bombing the police station is as good of a move to get off the heat of yourself as putting mentos into coke and trying to close back the cap on it.

If it is about the fact that 1st MC gets to lay low and almost avoids being caught but then gets pursued extra hard because 2nd MC went ahead and did a 4th of July on them for funsies... that is a different thing.

Yeah, I'm still in the process of writing it so it ain't there yet.

As for the world it's a fantasy sci-fi, the idea is to get the cops to focus on the terrorist group in the area and get some heat off of the first mc in the process I mean you won't be looking for one specific person if a terrorist group left a Cate package on your front door would you?

Plus I want to make them smart enough to not get caught by this act and get both mc's some reprieve for a few days

TotallyHuman

This reminds me of Deen from REND.

But nowadays you would be traced through the cameras and social media photos and phone connections and a dozen other digital trails, not to mention genetic material and other bullshit, not to mention criminal investigation techniques of a sci-fi setting.

A better way of doing it would be to anonymously pay through some secure crypto to some organisation(s) to do something illegal and set them up as terrorists somehow. Like, having them leave drugs in one secret place, prepare a timed bomb at that place beforehand (and preparing a crime scene is much easier than outright bomb a police station) after reporting (anonymously) to somebody who'd tell the police or the police beforehand so they get caught up in an explosion on time (to the alphabet agent who read it because of choice words - lol)

You can leave a message from a terrorist group on the scene beforehand. Or, if your character is industrious enough, take responsibility on behalf of a terrorist organisation online.

Literally anything is better than directly sending bombs to the doors of a police station, no matter how dumb or implausible that anything sounds

Actually terrorism for this reason is a bad idea
Plus I want to make them smart enough to not get caught by this act and get both mc's some reprieve for a few days
The smart thing to do would be to not provoke an armed force on their home ground where you'd expect there'd be extremely heavy monitoring on short notice with many witnesses.

Even if your character is capable of doing it (which would make them too OP), they would not do it just to cause a commotion. Because that'd be just dumb. And your character is supposed to be smart. So they'd come up with a different plan to get attention.

And commiting an act of terror will not attract the police from that area away from your characters, they will attract the rest of the police force plus domestic security all over the city or more. Everything will be heavily monitored, any suspicious persons will be taken in for questioning, more competent detectives than those from that area will show up, more resources will be allocated, the danger will only increase.

Nobody smart would ever do something like this. This is the opposite of smart.

Your character could try to bribe the police officers (or blackmail them), maybe pay an organisation for protection, or distraction. Your character could provoke the masses. Whatever else.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I feel it won't work. Just have them evade the police. You can have your character be very proficient with it, hinting at their darker side and their intelligence.

Anything else feels like it will fail bad.

Last edited:

ACertainPassingUser

So here's the thing after enduring her safety the second main character proceeds to bomb the police department in hopes of them focusing on a terrorist group in the area instead of the 2 or them for reasons.

I just wanna is this a good move or should I just go with underground illegal acts to keep the first main character out of the eyes of people after her.
I mean I plan to do that too, but I want to show a darker side to this character that they more or eptless hide from everyone for now.

As Corty has said, it's definitely a BAD move. It's only good if you're writing a Downfall of all the MC in your story, because after the terrorist act is done, there's no escape from it.

The description is going to be :

"We were buddy in heist, and we had agreement that we won't attract more heat to ourselves after it's done.

These days I'm struggling to slowly get the cop heat off myself, and yet this guy just have to blow a building and attracted a whole new can of worms and devil on our tracks.

He said

"it's c'use I'm loving ya"

and

"Im'a try'n get heat off ya, so I put moar heat on m'self to lower y'ors".

Great,

He forgot that he may possibly get tortured, and questioned if he ever get caught.

All the effort of getting them of our chase is gone down the drain. After getting out of the frying pan, we're going straight to the fire oft hell.

Before, we're just escaping the regional police. but now, Not only local police, the whole national police in on our tail nowadays.

Not to mention the whole public outcry would've all the FBI, CIA, DEA, and other government instrument is probably started chase our tracks, no matter how small.

With all the shit that comes after us, I think it's safe to say that our freedom days were numbered.

It's story of our downfall and how I would enjoy my last days in sci Fi world filled with saturation of information technology.

Find out how we finally failed to escape and got caught dramatically.

***​

In Naruto terms, It's like Sakura lying to Naruto that she no longer love Sasuke, and then recklessly chasing Sasuke to kill him by pretending to join his side, right after lying to Naruto that still injured & resting that she loves him.

That also ignoring everyone's warning that Sasuke is dangerous and OP these days.

As everyone expected, Sakura nearly got killed by Sasuke because Sasuke is truly OP as everyone has said, and Naruto & teacher Kakashi is the one who's busy saving her ass and cleaning up after her mistake, while accidentally get hit by her blade.

The author may want to show how proactive and Independent Sakura is. But it failed because it ends up making her dislikeable because her action failed and troubling Naruto, the poor hero, that is still injured from what happened before.

Especially after Kakashi teacher has regelaed that Sasuke is immune from Sakura's plan of using poisoned blade due to Orochimaru teaching, and Naruto, who have worked hard to save her ass and cleaned after her mess, is the one getting poisoned by Sakura's failed plan.

Everyone hate Sakura from then on, Thinking of her as a stupid, incompetent, and burden/deadweight character.

Even tho Naruto has done far more worse reckless actions before, and Sasuke simply didn't get hit due to MC Rival buff.

***​

Researching ways to Forge alternative identity and forging fake car license is one of the way to lay low for a while. Not buying new car or new expensive things will work too.

It kinda stupid if the MC didn't use any alternative identity or some kind of disguise before doing crimes.

They should use generic clothing and accessories that were disposable and always use getaway vehicle that use generic color that didn't attract attention, complete with fake vehicle plate with fake license and any fake Sci-fi identifier. Or just drive in loops and don't go to expensive hotel for a while.

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
This reminds me of Deen from REND.

But nowadays you would be traced through the cameras and social media photos and phone connections and a dozen other digital trails, not to mention genetic material and other bullshit, not to mention criminal investigation techniques of a sci-fi setting.

A better way of doing it would be to anonymously pay through some secure crypto to some organisation(s) to do something illegal and set them up as terrorists somehow. Like, having them leave drugs in one secret place, prepare a timed bomb at that place beforehand (and preparing a crime scene is much easier than outright bomb a police station) after reporting (anonymously) to somebody who'd tell the police or the police beforehand so they get caught up in an explosion on time (to the alphabet agent who read it because of choice words - lol)

You can leave a message from a terrorist group on the scene beforehand. Or, if your character is industrious enough, take responsibility on behalf of a terrorist organisation online.

Literally anything is better than directly sending bombs to the doors of a police station, no matter how dumb or implausible that anything sounds

Actually terrorism for this reason is a bad idea

The smart thing to do would be to not provoke an armed force on their home ground where you'd expect there'd be extremely heavy monitoring on short notice with many witnesses.

Even if your character is capable of doing it (which would make them too OP), they would not do it just to cause a commotion. Because that'd be just dumb. And your character is supposed to be smart. So they'd come up with a different plan to get attention.

And commiting an act of terror will not attract the police from that area away from your characters, they will attract the rest of the police force plus domestic security all over the city or more. Everything will be heavily monitored, any suspicious persons will be taken in for questioning, more competent detectives than those from that area will show up, more resources will be allocated, the danger will only increase.

Nobody smart would ever do something like this. This is the opposite of smart.

Your character could try to bribe the police officers (or blackmail them), maybe pay an organisation for protection, or distraction. Your character could provoke the masses. Whatever else.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I feel it won't work. Just have them evade the police. You can have your character be very proficient with it, hinting at their darker side and their intelligence.

Anything else feels like it will fail bad.
I did already have mc 2 to get fake ID and put mc 1 into the system through backdoor means, but the whole point of this was to distract the attention of the law enforcement for looking for mc1 in that area if terrorists are lurking about. Which they are they just aren't as active.
I guess I could just go with my original plan and not cause a scene.

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
I-I swear it was all for info on my series I would never plan to overtake the government with a mass scaled coup that scales world wide and dub myself the god of the new world. That's crazy talk.

Okay jokes aside this post just called me out.

It also gave me an idea for a new forum post