SH members get so pressed about RR

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I understand that a lot of people on here have less than enjoyable experiences on RR, but I don’t understand why they extrapolate it to saying the RR culture is toxic in its entirety. Personally, on a whole, RR has been nothing but a wonderful site. I think you all are too quick to judge on this.
Goooo Royal Road! *shakes pom-poms*

J_Chemist

I haven't had a hard time over there either, but I don't participate in the forums. My reader base over there is much better too, honestly. Different target audience. Hence why I don't prioritize releases over here (probably should get on that).

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
RR has a different group of readers, and they’re more willing to share their often negative opinion about something.

SH readers honestly aren’t much better, just they don’t care to share their negative opinion as much.

I used to be one of those who hated RR but am beginning to realize it’s similar. Some people read for enjoyment, some read because criticizing or critiquing others is the enjoyment.

TheMonotonePuppet

Maybe I'm biased, but when people talk about RR here they usually state that it's their experience and opinion.
I’d say it’s a 25/75 split between “they have experienced toxic stuff in RR” and a flat declaration of RR being a toxic LitRPG obsessed website that sucks.”
I haven't had a hard time over there either, but I don't participate in the forums. My reader base over there is much better too, honestly. Different target audience. Hence why I don't prioritize releases over here (probably should get on that).
Same. If it wasn’t for the awesome patronage, reviews, and comments of the SH forum authors that read “Charisma”, RR would be miles above in terms of reader reception. I wouldn’t prioritize SH at all if it wasn’t for them. So thanks guys!*big smile*

SailusGebel

I’d say it’s a 25/75 split between “they have experienced toxic stuff in RR” and a flat declaration of RR being a toxic LitRPG obsessed website that sucks.”
RR is LitRPG obsessed though. This little fact aside, maybe I'm biased and ignore such messages, but I've seen that people mostly add "from my experience" or something in the same vein. There are a couple people who say baseless things, true. But there are also people on this forum that say baseless(negative) things about SH. So I dunno about SH members being pressed. No one mentions RR unless people ask or talk about RR.

TheMonotonePuppet

this is weak bait. it's been done 2000 times before
And yet you are here, responding that it is weak bait…
RR is LitRPG obsessed though. This little fact aside, maybe I'm biased and ignore such messages, but I've seen that people mostly add "from my experience" or something in the same vein. There are a couple people who say baseless things, true. But there are also people on this forum that say baseless(negative) things about SH. So I dunno about SH members being pressed. No one mentions RR unless people ask or talk about RR.
You already said this… just rephrased it to be longer and slightly more thorough.
*visible confusion*
I already had the gist when I responded.

Simple_Russian_Boi

A "normal" human | Occasionally a cat
Dunno about RR, I only read 1~2 novels there, but I'm too lazy to interact with their community. Haven't seen too much toxic stuff, but maybe I just don't know where to look.

TheMonotonePuppet

Then why would you name the thread "SH members get so pressed about RR," if you had the gist that no one mentions RR unless people ask or talk about RR.
*visible confusion*
I got the gist of what you believe, and then stated what I believe, because I still disagree. I think a lot of people on here do get pressed about it, despite what you say. And as to whether people mention RR or not spontaneously or with prior mention of RR, that’s a non-issue. I don’t believe that is relevant to this thread. It is the feeling of general dislike and related feelings directed to RR that is the point of this thread, not how it pops up. I never mentioned spontaneity or made it into a point.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I understand that a lot of people on here have less than enjoyable experiences on RR, but I don’t understand why they extrapolate it to saying the RR culture is toxic in its entirety. Personally, on a whole, RR has been nothing but a wonderful site. I think you all are too quick to judge on this.
Goooo Royal Road! *shakes pom-poms*
Yeah and I have only ever had good experiences with cocaine but a lot of people still OD from it.

LORD_SHAXX

i would say both sites have different expectations. Shub is very much for the novice and new writer, whilst RR is for people who know what they are doing. I feel like the 2 user bases kind of expect 2 different things, and that's where the perceived toxicity comes up. both sides have their pros and cons I prefer Shub due to the fact there are a lot more creative stories on here than on RR. A lot of what is on the front page is, unfortunately, a lit RPG which is fine, but it does mean a lot of the more creative stories never get traction which is a shame because i have a lot stories favorited on there that never gain traction and the author gives up.

SailusGebel

I got the gist of what you believe, and then stated what I believe, because I still disagree. I think a lot of people on here do get pressed about it, despite what you say. And as to whether people mention RR or not spontaneously or with prior mention of RR, that’s a non-issue. I don’t believe that is relevant to this thread. It is the feeling of general dislike and related feelings directed to RR that is the point of this thread, not how it pops up. I never mentioned spontaneity or made it into a point.
Then I don't understand the purpose of the thread. This isn't me being passive agressive, I legit don't understand. People had shit experience with RR and share it when asked. Should they lie?

ZukoMee

I prefer RR. I only occasionally come here and rarely is it to read much. There is a very noticeable quality difference in skill between the two sites, and it's skewed heavily in favor for RR, even without LitRPG taken into account.

Plus, this site has a large presence of genres I don't care for which are still present in RR, but easier to ignore and avoid there.
Should they lie?
Yes, of course.

TheMonotonePuppet

Then I don't understand the purpose of the thread. This isn't me being passive agressive, I legit don't understand. People had shit experience with RR and share it when asked. Should they lie?
The point of this thread is to, first and foremost, get notifications to look at, and second, ask why people are painting the entirety of RR with the same brush.