Share Your Story's Power Scale!

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
As the title says - Show me your story's power scale!

Are the higher powers in your story really the highest? How big is the gap between the lowest in the food chain to the most exalted? Where does your MC and their supporting character fit in? How deep does the rabbit hole go? Include events! Locations! Even concepts and beliefs! Show me how high, absurd and insane things can get in your story!

Lots of question but it all boils down to a hierarchy/tier list of order and power!

I'll start off with mine:

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
So, this is going to be interesting. so... Top of the food chain would generally be deities. the world was created by the same event that created the deities. each deity created a race in their image, more or less (The Dragon Goddess is humanoid, but she created the dragons in the form of dragons, rather than humanoid like her).

Next would be the dragons, which can be split between humanoid dragons (dragonnewts/dragonesses) and true dragons. the true dragons are weaker than the humanoid, due to the same power being condensed into a smaller form. However, humanoid dragons are kind of a rarity due to dragons themselves seeing smaller beings as weaker, even if that's false. as such, they tend to try to avoid changing into the humanoid forms.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd place the deities at a 9 (nothing is at a full 10, since nothing is truly all powerful, though if the deities could manage to work together, they could rival the creation event that created them). true dragons would be at around a 5-6 depending on age and skill. humanoid dragons (-nesses and -newts) would sit around a 6-7 depending on age and skill. Their offspring, the Dragonlings (half dragon, half humanoid race) would be a solid 7-8, being considered the "true" form of what the Dragon Goddess envisioned when she created the dragons.

The main characters are quite varied, so I'll use their names. Arland starts at around a 1 (first chapter, he's 5. time skip to when he's ten, and he's surpassed the knights in his father employ, and is apprenticed to a swordmaster, so i'd place him at around a 3-4ish. by the time the story proper starts, he's 20 and a full fledged swordsmaster in his own right, placing him at around a 5. when he eventually learns magic, i'd place him right around a 6.

Nury, a dragon who becomes a dragoness, is on the lower end of dragons, but when she takes her humanoid form, she learns with Arland and eventually gets to the higher end of dragonesses. Additionally, when Humanoid dragons suffer a severe loss (such as death of a loved one), they rage, unbridling their full power, bumping them up 1 full power level, regardless of where they were intially.

As for the antagonists, Agdron the demon king/lord (I haven't fully decided on his title yet) would sit around a 6, while his concubine/willing slave Rania is an elf that sold out her race for her own interests (being treated well by the demon king/lord, rather than being forced to work/breed as other elves were). Elves would generally be around a 3-5, but her lack of morals would place her at the higher end, so I'd say about a 5.5.

I also want to mention that Dragons are largely environmentally affected. most dragons can't function overly well in very cold environments, however, snow and sea dragons are able to function better. additionally, I'd place them half a level higher in environments they excel in. so snow dragons would be 0.5 higher in snowy/cold areas and 0.5 weaker in exceptionally hot areas.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Affinity: Every cultivator has a basic affinity to an element that determines their later on powers. There are cases when a cultivator has multiple elements, but more than two are rare. Two cultivators can work together to combine their affinity if they are close in levels and are used to each other. There are special affinities that are usually distinct family powers and inherited by blood.

Body Refinement: 9 Stages. 1 Stage is completed when the cultivator refines their complete body to the same level. It usually goes by body parts, arms, legs, torso, head, chosen by the cultivator himself how to process. There can be cases when one is advanced in one body part and weak in the others, but those cause problems, and usually, the cultivator doesn't get far in training.

Ren's Body Refinement: 9 Stages. The cultivator advances their body at once per stage, no individual body parts being refined, only the whole body. She discovered the energy points inside the body that, before this, were only utilized and trained in the Harmony Realm. Taking advantage of it, her method includes them integrating into the refinement process, giving the cultivator more power and access to minor spells.

Energy Points: 9 in total.

• One in each of the hollows of the knee
  • One in the abdomen
  • One in each elbow
  • Two in the chest (Left and Right side)
  • One in the neck
  • One in the head
Advancing to the next realm: After going through tribulation, the body gets further refinement, pushing it through its boundaries. The standard cultivation results in cultivators, who can push for a breakthrough at any level, prompted their body parts ARE at the same level. Their level determines how many lightning strikes they must endure from the Tear. Ren's version is different and more difficult. Those who train in it can only advance after reaching the 9th stage. Then, they endure three concentrated strikes, refining their body and energy veins.

Mixing the two methods: Those who start out with Ren's can not switch anymore. If they try, it would result in issues, completely ruining their chances to advance, ever. Those who started differently can switch to Ren's method, only doing so takes time. It is determined how late they join; if they are above the 4th or the 5th realms when switching, it is problematic and may take decades to convert their previous works even if they advance fast. Lower levels can convert quickly, but it is best to start with Ren’s version.

Harmony Realm: 3 stages.

Inner Harmony: This is the basic stage; those who arrived here by the basic method are working to gain complete control and harmony with their own bodies. Ren's method causes the cultivator to when they advance they are already almost at the peak of the first realm, as they refined their energy points earlier.

Outer Harmony: This stage is for the cultivators to harmonize with their surroundings and gain control over the powers of nature. Their inherent affinity is at a stage where it affects nature’s own forces. The goal is to coexist in a symbiotic relationship resulting in nature acting in sync with the cultivator. If they reached the 2nd stage naturally.

The other option was usually chosen by those who were stuck at the 1st stage and did so out of desperation or because they were obsessed with control over everything. It was not a symbiotic relation, but it was a forceful and dominant act where the cultivator took control over nature’s forces and used it for her or himself. A lot of times, if the person tried to use more and more, way above his proficiency or strength, nature itself would revolt, resulting in an intense backlash and maybe even in severe injury or death.

This is why reaching Outer Harmony had no tribulation for those who reached it naturally. They were able to say they reached true harmony with nature, yet those who took the more forceful approach had to survive nature’s wrath, a strong tribulation. The power they could wield and command may be more stronger and violent but also more dangerous because of the constant danger of nature’s backlash. Some even called them Disharmony Cultivators as it went against everything the other road of cultivation represented.

Through the time Harmony experts appeared, and the realm got established, few people appeared who took the forceful approach, mostly because 9 out of 10 perished in the initial tribulation. Those who succeeded sooner or later found themselves killed by their own powers as they got stronger but could not control it. It was thought to be a dead end, a short few centuries with extra strength before the inevitable demise of the cultivator by their own powers. Until one individual broke the mold and reached Perfect Harmony, someone who went by the name of Zelig. Nobody knows how he did it as he never told anyone, but since then, everyone knew… It can be done.

Perfect Harmony: The last stage of the Harmony Realm. Cultivators here form a perfect cycle with their bodies and with nature in harmony. Their body transforms into that of a Demigod. To break through, they need to raise their comprehension, the mental state of their existence, and, more precisely, advance their souls.

To reach this stage, one must truly be in harmony with nature and himself. If there is any doubt in a person’s mind, conscious or subconscious, that would bar them from advancing to this stage. If this stage is reached, the cultivator can merge their energy points into a demigod crystal. After finishing the merge, they need to gain control over it, which is the most challenging part as it depends on the cultivators' own minds and will.

Demigod Realm: The cultivator merges their own energy points into one, combining all of them inside his body. This can only be done in the Perfect Harmony realm, where the body can handle this task. After doing so, a Demigod crystal is formed, and if it can be controlled by one successfully in every aspect, the cultivator advances into the Demigod Realm. The fusing of the energy points falls solely on the cultivator; there can’t be a technique or method to follow; one needs to do this by him or herself as everybody’s body is different. After this, the cultivator has two options. Filling it up until it evolves into a perfect form, evolving them into a God. Or, they start to break it down and fuse the pieces into their body, taking steps towards being an Immortal.

Immortal Realm: The soul and the body are completely fused, becoming one. They can only die if they are destroyed in both body and soul at the same time. Usually reached by cutting their own cores apart multiple times throughout long years.

God Realm: There are two types of Gods, Natural and Uplifted. The first ones took the “Last Tribulation,” shedding their original, “mortal” bodies when forming their Godcore and recreating their fleshly bodies. Those who can’t sustain their souls with their core quickly die and disappear. Uplifted Gods are weaker as they never go through the last step, relying on a natural-born God to help them and uplift them to Godhood. This takes its toll on the God, doing the deed, permanently weakening their powers.

Ranks of mages from weak to strong:

1. Magi Initiati
  2. Magi Discipli
  3. Magi
  4. Magi Adepti
  5. Magi Speciali
  6. Magi Extremi
  7. Magi Supri
  8. Magi Legendri
  9. Magi Ascendri
The Eight Elements:

• Air
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Earth
  • Metal
  • Nature
  • Darkness
  • Light

Last edited:

Jemini

Well, I'm sort of writing a bronze-age fantasy from a western perspective on spiritualism and Cultivation as the power system (Pretty much merging east, west, and Mesopotamian (which is basically center)) in terms of lore.

But, yeah. Since Cultivation is the power system, it means the gap between the weakest and the strongest in my world is absolutely insane.

In terms of how high the power scale goes, well... I've designed the progression such that everything works in a 3 lesser tiers within 3 greater realms system. But, when you hit the top tier of the top realm, it turns out that this is just the top of yet a higher system of 3 tiers of power.

So, 3 X 3, and then add on another X3, and then theoretically when you get to the top of that you could even add another X3.

The 3 lowest tiers in my story are the mortal tiers. I haven't actually named them yet.

2nd is the 3 demigod tiers.

3rd is the 3 true divine tiers.

After you've hit the peak of the divine tiers, you go into the next realm of 3 tiers.

The lowest divine rank system is the mortal worship system.

Above that is the creation system.

Above that is the primordial system.

So, that means there are 27 tiers of power within my world that I deal with. It is, however, theoretically structured such that it can turn out the primordial system is just the lowest in another system of 3 in some theoretical higher realm of power. I don't plan on having my story go into that higher realm, but it is structured to allow for it. I wanted there to always be higher you can go and more you could strive for with no theoretical limit.

I could also theoretically introduce lower tiers that expands the 3 mortal tiers into 9 and my grand total into 81. I haven't decided if I really want to do that yet though.

(BTW: I have the story taking place on a world that is on the back of a primordial tier being. And, back on Earth, the Christian god is trying to harvest all the faith on Earth in order to break into the primordial realm himself.)

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
There is a power scale. It depends on the story for which one, but in TLP, it’s a normal person, soldier, city guard, knight, nobles. This is usually how it goes for a kingdom with some flexibility. And depending on the kingdom they might enlist stronger soldiers than guards.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I remember writing this not long ago :blob_hmm_two: . I see @Corty too there.

Awakening:
Except for beasts who born naturaly awakened, each races have a chance to have a space formed inside their bodies called spiritual world. Inside this spiritual world there a crystal seed who can be awakened when reaching adulthood which are 18 for humans. The crystal seeds, once awaken, develop a special ability who can be one of these five types : Manifestation, Transformation, Elemental, Reinforcement, and Mental. There are case of double awakening resulting in having two crystal seeds and two ability, but it's a rare case.

Cultivation:
Once a crystal seed was awakened, it would begin to transform, gradually becoming a crystal tree with roots. The crystal tree represented a cultivator. It represented their cultivation, their state of mind as well as their ability. Once the crystal seed is awaken, cultivator need to gather the energy of the universe called crystal essence through their bodies into the spiritual world to help the crystal seed to grow into a crystal tree. During this process, the gathered crystal essence can be used to strengthen the body through the cultivation by forming a path that circulate into the whole body and end in the spiritual world.

Evolution and Evolution Paths:
Once a crystal tree couldn't absorb any more crystal essence, the cultivator had to try to breakthrough those limits and cross the last 'barrier' that separates them from the next rank. Depending on a cultivator's talent, the barrier that separates them from the next rank could be breakthrough in a matter of hours, while others might not succeed even after several years.

Once the last barrier was crossed and the next rank reached, the crystal tree need to absorb a catalyst that allow the crystal tree to evolve. If the crystal tree did not undergo any evolution once a cultivator had reached a new rank for a full week, the cultivator would see their crystal essence escape from their spiritual world before their rank start to regress. If their rank regress, they could never progress through the ranks again in their entire life if they.

The catalysts used to evolve a crystal tree could be found in different forms, a natural treasure, equipment, etc... Once a crystal tree absorbs the catalyst, if it is compatible with it, it will transform into a crystal connected to its roots, becoming part of the tree. If the catalyst were incompatible with the crystal tree, it would reject it.

During the evolution, the crystal tree could greatly improve their ability, acquire new abilities, or even add a new effect to the current ability. It was not uncommon for a crystal tree to evolve to possess abilities belonging to several types, even if its foundation did not change.

Due to the need to find a good catalyst for a crystal tree in each breakthrough, Evolution paths have been created during ages to direct the evolution of a crystal tree in the desired direction. The Evolution Paths are rare ressources that common people have hard time to find and are not spread by the human government.

Mortal Realm:
The cultivation are divided into three realms which are divided into five ranks. The Mortal Realm being the first one is divided by the ranks Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond. Cultivation start at rank Iron and with each breakthrough, the crystal tree evolve, enhancing the ability it awaken. During the cultivation of this realm, if a cultivator had a double awakening, there a chance of a Heavenly Tribulation to appear in each of it's breakthrough. The Heanvely Tribulation is created by the laws of the universe and target the cultivator elemental weakness (explained later) during it.

Transcendant Realm:
Second Realm of the cultivation, The Transcendant Realm is divided by the ranks, Lord, King, Emperor, Sovereign and Saint. Same as the previous realm, with each breakthrough, the crystal tree can evolve. Once reaching this realm a cultivator just need to cultivate to sustain itself without the need to eat or breath. The cultivator can use their crystal essence to fly and even move in space.

To breakthrough into this realm, a cultivator need to undergo two to three steps depending on it's choice for it's future cultivation.

The first step is to survive the Heavenly Tribulation and refine the energy of the Heavenly Tribulation. There are several methods to successfully defend itself from a Heavenly Tribulation, such as the use of defensive treasures or formation array. Using the help of another cultivator make the Heavenly Tribulation more stronger.

The second step is to separate one’s consciousness, while one party confront the Heavenly Tribulation outside one’s body, the other party must enter the spiritual world in order to divide a part of its soul to transfer it inside the crystal tree in order to feed the spirit to awaken it.

The more the spirit receives an important part of the soul of the cultivator, the more powerful it will become when its awakening is finished.

Unlike any other soul injury, feeding the spirit with our own soul has only a temporary effect on the cultivators, the spirit being a part of the cultivators and the soul always being in the same body, The recovery of the cultivator's soul will be much simpler.

Once the spirit is fully awakened and the Heavenly Tribulation is complete, the cultivator will have reached the realm of the transcendent.

Although the breakthrough to the Transcendant Realm may end at the second step, there is a third step that is also the most dangerous. This one consists in opening the paths of crystal essence inside the crystal tree that are connected to the spirit.

There are twelve paths in all, these paths can only be opened when breaking through the Transcendent Realm and for each path opened, the strength of a cultivator, its cultivation speed as well as its storage of crystal essence will increase exponentially.
To open its paths, it is necessary to use the energy of the Heavenly Tribulation. Once the awakening of the spirit has begun, the energy must be directed into one of these paths. The spirit that is just beginning to awaken will see this action as an attack and will try to defend itself by creating a mirage of itself inside the spiritual world to attack the cultivator.
This step is dangerous because it requires the cultivator to defend itself against the Heanvely Tribulation, divide its soul to completely awaken the spirit, direct the energy of the Heavenly Tribulation to open the paths of crystal essence and face the mirage created by the spirit.

Divine Realm:
Third and last Realm of the cultivation, The Divine Realm is divided by the ranks, Celestial, Ethereal, Divine, Nascent God and True God. Same as the previous realm, with each breakthrough, the crystal tree can evolve.

Upon breaking through this realm, the cultivator with the help of the spirit will create a world inside the spiritual world which reflect the crystal tree ability. This world can be used outside the body as something like a domain. (The specifity of the whole breakthrough to this realm are still not finished yet.)

Elemental Affinity and Elemental Affinity Cultivation:
Every cultivator are born with one or two elements, some really rare case may have more. These affinity toward an element have an impact in the crystal tree, resulting in some evolution paths more compatible with a crystal tree. These elemental affinities are target when facing a Heavenly Tribulation by the laws of the universe, if a cultivator with a fire affinity breakthrough the Transcendant Realm, a Heavenly Tribulation made with water element will appear.

Inside the universe, there exists a special energy called elemental particles. Cultivator can use their crystal essence to use these elemental particles to attack/defend/etc...

While cultivating near these elemental particles, cultivator can cultivate their elemental affinity which are divided into 9 ranks, Elemental Perception, Elemental Core, Elemental Conducting, Elemental Domination, Elemental Manifestation, Elemental Essence, Elemental Aura, Elemental Will and Elemental Law.

Elemental Affinity Rank Description:

Elemental Perception: At this rank, cultivators can see and feel the elemental particles in the air, and they are able to attract more particles towards themselves. This increased perception allows them to sense the world around them in a way that ordinary people cannot.

Elemental Core: At this rank, cultivators create an elemental core inside their spiritual world by using the elemental particles.

Elemental Conducting : Cultivators at this rank can manipulate the elements more effectively, creating more powerful attacks. Allows the cultivator to draw energy from the element and use it to attack. Can fuse two affinity element together if it come from the same cultivator.

Elemental Domination : At this rank, cultivators can control the elemental particles, even in an enemy attack. If the cultivation of the elemental affinity is higher than the enemy's, the cultivator can completely control the enemy's attack and turn it back against them.

Elemental Manifestation: Cultivators at this rank can merge the element with their body, taking on the properties of that element. For example, if a cultivator has an affinity for fire, they may become immune to fire damage or be able to create flames from their body.

Elemental Essence: At this rank, the crystal essence merges with the element, becoming imperceptible to each other. This allows cultivators to use the element more efficiently and effectively, and they become more attuned to its properties.

Elemental Aura: Cultivators at this rank have an elemental aura that surrounds them, resembling a domain that is automatically renewed thanks to the elemental particles in the air. This aura is passive and constantly present, and it provides the cultivator with additional defensive and offensive abilities.

Elemental Will: At this rank, elemental particles move according to the cultivator's will, allowing them to manipulate the elements in ways that were previously impossible. The cultivator has achieved a state of enlightenment, allowing them to merge their consciousness with their element and become one with it. They gain the ability to control their element on a cosmic scale, influencing its properties throughout the universe.

Elemental Law: Cultivators at this rank can control the laws of the universe related to their element, giving them almost limitless power over that element. They can manipulate the element on a fundamental level, creating powerful attacks and defenses that can rival even the most advanced techniques of other cultivators.

This are how the elemental affinity cultivation are for now, I don't know how I will adapt/change it later.

To resume it, the weakest thing can't dig a hole, while the strongest can destroy the universe.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World

Are the higher powers in your story really the highest? How big is the gap between the lowest in the food chain to the most exalted? Where does your MC and their supporting character fit in? How deep does the rabbit hole go? Include events! Locations! Even concepts and beliefs! Show me how high, absurd and insane things can get in your story!

Lots of question but it all boils down to a hierarchy/tier list of order and power!

No power scale. Just magical resistance as a general limiter to slap on if necessary.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

There are numerous scales, and I have not really fleshed out my two Systems enough to get a suitable metric. Not only that, Torments, Elves, Demons, and Magical Guardians are all naturally higher than biological organisms, but Torments start off much stronger than Magical Guardians, while Magical Guardians grow much faster. Some Anathema, created by Torments (but not counted as part of a Torment's personal strength), can be killed by mortals even without a System, while long-living Anathema that have disconnected from their birth Torment can even evolve, as long they get enough Magic or Miasma to fuel the transformation. Mortals with the System are doomed against Torments, Elves, Demons, and Magical Guardians until the last few tiers, where they get rapid, exponential growth and can stand on even ground with Magical, Miasmic, and Demonic Beings.
I haven't even explored the Angelic beings.
And Torments get a spike in growth when they evolve into Titans. And some Torments have so much potential, they have an infant form where they are weaker, but then evolve into classic Torments that are Titan-level strength, which can evolve into god-like Titans. The Goddess Diarrhea is one such Torment, who eventually evolved into a deity. Her sheer personal power allows her to create Torments and influence all other Torments, and being one of the extremely rare Tormented Gods, she is only alive against the Magical Pantheon because of her potential.
And then there is the contracts with Eldritch beings (which is literally every Essence creature that is not Magical or Miasmic, like the Protozoa of Eukaryota, which are literally every eukaryote that is not fungi, animalia, and plantae) and with Demonic Beings.
At the top are Magical Gods (of which there are varying levels of strength based off the strength of their foundation in the mortal realm). Then there are Miasmic Deities (ascended Torments). By dint of being winnowed down by the far more populous Magical Gods, only the strongest are Miasmic.
Then there are some Eldritch Deities, but their scale flipflops depending on their whims. Tied with them are the 7 [Redacted for Readers]
And then there are the Stars, at the very peak.
In short, my power system is a mess.

Sylver

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for, but if the request is about organizing my characters in terms of a power scale from order of weakest to strongest, here is my attempt.

Normies, this my term for people that know or practice little to no magic, the average everyday person trying to make a living and survive each day. Think of peasants, merchants, traders, artisans and musicians.

Fighters. a broad category for people who can defend themselves. This can vary between monster girls that use their natural defenses to their advantage, like the speed, agility, and claws for a cat girl, or the blade of a well-trained knight or soldier.

Mages, defining professionals skilled in the arcane magic of the world. This category often competes with the higher tier of fights when discussing power scales. This is because all arcane users rely on spell casting which requires memorizing and practicing enchantments to use in battle. Many spells require its user to understand how the spell works and what its limitations are. One cannot turn copper into gold for example, or simply block out the sun or use a spell to fly. But there are alternate routes to such methods, for example elevating the force of gravity around you and making it weaker so that you can levitate, giving the impression of flight. The greatest weakness for Mages is the requirement of either producing a seal or ritual or having to announce the attack beforehand, which itself is done by users to help them focus on what exactly they are trying to do. Magic is still being discovered, its laws are unknown and so people are warned to wield it with caution. In raw power, a mage can outclass the sharpest sword or the most accurate archer with enough preparation and skill to cast high class spells, but if it's in the heat of the battle then weapons are quicker. For example, in theory a Mage who specializes in explosives can blow up a house making them a greater threat than a knight, but they need to craft the right powder mixture and carefully print out the spell symbols and recite the magic they use in order to do it. They're not grenades lol.

Elementals, people born with a natural talent or pull toward one of the four elements of water, fire, air, and earth. There are those who practice magic and alchemy, and then there are those born with the ability to use certain magical properties that manipulate any of the four elements. A mage can use spells to manipulate these elements as well, but the difference comes from where the source of magic comes from. Mages use the magic that surrounds the environment, while Elementals themselves produce magic as the trigger while using the environment to produce it. It's like a mage needs tools to use magic while elementals are the tools themselves, and they can use it differently. They don't rely on incantations, alchemical mixtures, potions, brews, wands or any other methods as they can manipulate the elements themselves. I guess to dumb it down and make it easier for people to follow, think of the benders from the Avatar: Last Airbender series. Elementals are considered extremely rare and extremely dangerous, as their magic potential is connected to self-control and durability. Getting a fire Elemental angry might make him start a fire off his temper alone, a literal hothead if I may add. Mages are often use for a support class or prefer practicing their magic for research, where Elementals are the main fighter class that are capable of turning the tide, powerful enough to overcome armies with enough practice. Their balance is that using the magic they naturally produce in themselves strains their body to harmful degrees. If they are not careful and don't take the right steps to train both the body and mind, then using their magic could end there life.

Dark Mage. Necromancers, Witches, Followers of the symbol of Death. This class mirrors the Mage class with the key difference being the source of magic they practice, Dark Magic. Dark Magic is the opposite of Light Magic, which itself is the commonly practiced magic you see from the Mage class. Where Light Magic is meant to give, Dark Magic is meant to take. It is the Yang to Light Magic's Yin, producing powerfully lethal spells, curses, potions and brews meant only to produce power for its user. It's addictive properties are its most lethal sense of balancing, since most sources of Dark Magic take away something from someone else to give to its user, it behaves like a drug where the user falls victim to needing more in order to maintain their power, and so a lethal cycle continues until the user is killed by any means.

Demons and Angels, these are humanoid creatures that are forbidden from fighting with mortal beings, but are free to interact with them if their presence is called on. This stems from an ancient history when these beings walked the same land as the living and cohabited amongst us, but for unknown reasons they are incapable of stepping foot without a summoning ritual and a host who agrees to share their body with them. These creatures are one and all the same, others call them Angels or Demons out of outside speculation but there is no real difference between them other than which Gods they serve. And my cannon has plenty of Gods. I add them here because this class is the 'careful what you wish for' troupe, the Genies that can make it happen for a price, so long as it does not lead to the harm of others. They can't fight us and they can't kill us, this leads to punishment getting creative. Many tales are told about the twisted prophetic warnings of doing deals with these beings, but it is agreed that these things are at a class above the mortal beings.

The Gods. No other way around it, these are gods, observers, and upholders of nearly all in life. They have no rules, no confirmed lore, these things exist and we know very little but speculation about them. What they are, how they really look like, or how long they have been here.

The Creator. The one above all, the father of the Gods. The Creator is why we exist and why we stand on where we are. We are its living experiment perfected, a testing grounds of which we know nothing about its objective. The Creator is above all that we know and all that we see, a mere glimpse at a larger scale of life. What is it and what does it want with us? Is it alive, is it sentient? We only know this, we use the source that comes from the essence of the Creator's creations, a source that we call 'Magic'.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
The lowest of ranks of the void sea consist of mundane bacterium and other single celled organisms. Next come the microscopic beings, and then the mundane plants, and so on until you get to the plane they inhabit. Most planes are mundane since to form them Void, Aether, and Quintessence have to try their best to be in balance. This is also why most planes are between the size of a marble and a grain of rice from their outside. Nevertheless I doubt that is what is being asked about.

For near the infinite amount of major planes it is hard to generalize the strengths of the beings inside those planes, for inside a plane all beings that inhabit it are bound to its rules. So then the question goes to beings that exist solely in the local void sea. For it is too vast for us alchemists to know it’s true depths. The most common are stray thought forms or voidlings that are born from the mind of the void. These entities are typically the size of a fist and subsist off planer shells and other Aether rich objects. After that are the daemons. Beings that are bound to the outside of planes that hold the power over a certain rule of that plane, they differ from low gods due to the fact that they are mere puppets for the plane or said low gods.

Then there are the void traversing races. Former inhabitants of the various planes that have found a way to traverse the wide expanses of the sea. While they are typically near the bottom of the pecking ladder of the void sea, some individuals can occasionally be as strong as true gods. After that the low gods and the apprentice alchemists. The low gods can travel the void sea, but tend to be bound to a certain plane, so the further they get the weaker they become. As for the apprentices, they have the knowledge and tools to convert the near limitless void and quintessence that makes up the void sea into more useful energies, such as mana. Although, their bodies are mortal and it is easy for them to die in the medium due to lack of sustenance. Next are the low demonic beings, the alchemists, and the gods. Demonic beings gain their power by consuming planes, low demonic beings have consumed 1-4 mundane planes. Alchemists are not bound by their mortal bodies, unlike their apprentices. They have found a path to immortality, and like their apprentices can subsist off the void sea medium. Gods have control over the functions of 1-4 planes, unlike low gods who are bestowed their power by said planes. Then there are demons, high gods, and Master Alchemists. Their powers are both extremely high and variable, from barely stronger to the beings a relm lower to as strong as a true entity. Master Alchemists can create planes from the void medium. True gods have control over at least one true plane, and demons have consumed over 5 to an infinity of mundane planes.

Following this are the disasters, beings that are as uncompromising as a tornado. The first are the True Demons, beings that have consumed a high plane. Next are the soul blobs, a collection of bound but independent souls that are constantly consuming eachother. They grow like a cancer consuming all the quintessence and souls of any plane they pass by. There are many former high planes that are nothing more than a cracked planer shell. After that are the true entities. Beings, if you can call them that, that are hard to describe. They, like the daemons, govern concepts of the void sea. They are the originators of true runes. It is speculated that the destroyed Arcanist plane was spotted by a true entity that sent its demons over to investigate. Personally though I believe it was a True Demon who had consumed an original dead rune, because true entities are far mor terrifying than what the ruins and their inhabitants suggest. After True entities though, I have no idea. There is speculation of course, but I don’t dare utter it incase they take notice of me, assuming they exist that is.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
  1. God: creator of all the universe.
  2. Archangels/angels: Managers of the various parts of the universe under God. Time, Fate, free will, animals, humanity, etc. The time god/archangel is known as Sela.
  3. Elder Ones: These are the lesser gods. Have control of domains of earth and powers related to their domain.
  4. Synthetic Elder Ones: Humans given the powers of the lesser gods but lack a domain. Only 1 exists, Scott Langston.
  5. Demi-gods/Warlocks: Humans given powers of the Archangels/angels. Lou Barrett, the MC, is a time traveler because Sela gives him powers.
  6. Supernatural creatures: Super powerful but can be burned by pure materials like silver, gold, salt, and steel and spawned from the mating of Elder Ones with other Elder Ones, humans, and even animals.
  7. animals/humans: basic humans and animals.
  8. lesser supernatural creatures are mostly harmless to humans and anything else but cunning and mischievous.
  9. bugs: they are bugs.
  10. Mushrooms: Some can kill a demi-god/warlock. Others can kill Elder Ones. Some are perfectly good to eat. Harmless if you can identify them correctly.