Should futa use "Gender Bender" genre?

Is Futa "Gender Bender"?

• Yes

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 86.8%

• Total voters

KonoKei

Kind of a simple question. Note that the story here isn't entirely smut, and the futa aspect of the MC while an important bit of her character is not the only thing she does.

Tsuru

Robot
It depends.

Male. Female. Futa.
Are kinda their own "gender"

Gender bender when something switch to another.

So if a male, get boobs and keep PP its Genderbender
If female get pp, and become futa, its Genderbender
But its Futanari from the get-go / at birth. Or a ABO world. NO it is not Genderbender.

KonoKei

Alright, I've removed the gender bender genre from my story. Thanks everyone!

BlackKnightX

Futa is its own separate thing from gender-bender. Gender-bender is when a male turns into a female and vice versa. If a he turns into a she but still has a dick, then it's both gender-bender and futa. But if a she with a dick stays as a she with a dick throughout the story, then it's just futa, not gender-bender.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Gender bender is used specifically in stories where the gender of the mc changes. Futa and gender bender are different, non-exclusive tags. Things become a little unclear when it is gender bender if we go into details, but if it's just futa without the aspect of changing gender, it's definitely not gender bender.

HuaiChi

Futa shouldn't always use Gender bender tag. You can use it if...
  • The MC was male/female before transmigrating in a futa body.
  • A true gender bending transformation had occurred where the MC was previously introduced as other gender.
Think about it, if the MC is not isekaied in the world, why would you need a genben tag where the MC born as a futa to begin with

TroubleFait

Honestly I'd even say female-to-futa is not gender bender in most cases.

Maybe it would be if futas were markedly different from women, either socially or psychologically. But in most cases it's just "woman with a dick and more aggressiveness".

Premier

Half the people searching the tag are looking for that, so yes. Half the tags top Series are futa stuff.

aattss

Someone turning from male to futa is probably gender bender. If someone is born a futa and stays that way, that's probably not gender bender, at least by itself. Female to futa is only gender bender if futa is treated as a separate gender. Just because a girl has a dick doesn't mean they're not a girl. Though some stories create new genders in their settings, like abo.

Though when it comes to tags, or language in general, it really depends on how people use it rather than there being some sort of objective definition.

AryaX

Gender Bender genre should be used if some character(s) physical gender changes, and even then Only if said fact plays a significant enough part in the story to define its genre.

I someone just IS a Futa... That shouldn't make it Gender Bender... No matter how big part that fact plays in the story.
If a girl turns into a Futa... That also shouldn't be Gender Bender... Since Futa is still a girl... just one with a dick...
If a guy turns into a Futa... or vice versa... Then its a matter of how big a part in the story it plays...

Vnator

I feel like GB implies a focus on the change and how it affects the character psychologically and socially. As in, it implies an exploration of the full implications of such a dramatic change in a person's body. You know, an actual emotional story.

When I see a futa tag, I know it's just going to be smut.

So both only if there's actually both of those things. Sure you can have smut, but the change had better have an affect on the character beyond their sex life, and there should actually be a physical and mental change.

KonoKei

A follow up question then: If the futa has a relationship with a female is that considered girl love?

TransCatGirl

A follow up question then: If the futa has a relationship with a female is that considered girl love?
Might depend on how it is written. It definitely can be.
Specifically if futa is written as man with boobs then I think not.
Written as women with dick then yes.
Written so futa doesn't fit as either of those means the gender of futa is fundamentally queer and as such you would have a queer relationship involving a woman, the closest tag to such probably being girl love.

Last edited:

PancakesWitch

even with a penis futanari are clearly female gender, futanari is just their sex. if the formerly male main character starts happily dressing as a woman, acting like one, and being happy to be called "she" and "her" then it is clearly genderbender

Lysander_Works

Come on. Neither of the two are the same.
Rule 34 can teach us things, and this should be one of em.

And if you somehow have both at once, then holy god, what are you creating?

I'd say a normal girl that grows d*ck would be more inclined to 'transformed' types. That said I won't say they are similar to tsf as only a part of them changed. But for the futa gender it's better to use female tag instead unless their past life is a male that became female with a long stick then it's a male to female tag

Thraben

No.
Similarly to how a character becoming genderless (like all those Slime Isekais that happened after Tensura went mainstream) aren't gender-benders, the gender identity of the character is still female, just like how Rimuru's gender identity is still clearly male.

When in doubt, ask if you could replace anything gender related with becoming genderless instead. Usually a good way to tell if it deserves the gender-bender tag.