Simmilar sites and the type of work they focus

erintesden

I'm curious about what other websites for original stories are out there. I'm writing something and want to post it in as much sites as I can, but I know must sites have a focus.

Here, I saw a lot of Isekai and fantasy stuff, simmilar on Royal Road aparently. In wattpad is mainly romance and YA stuff.

Now, what other sites do you know?

Razmatazz

Dungeon Cultist
RoyalRoad is the other big one for fantasy/anime stuff. Apart from that there's these three, but I don't know what they specialize in.
  1. Wattpad
  2. Fanfiction
  3. Archive of our own (AOOO / AO3)

Then there's Webnovel.com, but I wouldn't recommend uploading to them unless you want to give away the exclusivity rights to your story, cause that's in their ToS. They're super shady. They give a loooot of views though. But apparently the readers are 'low quality' and don't convert well to comments, feedback or patrons if that matters to you. On the other hand if you stick with them, they are known to offer actual paying contracts. (That are also horrible. But that's another story entirely)

Last edited:

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
RoyalRoad is the other big one for fantasy/anime stuff. Apart from that there's these three, but I don't know what they specialize in.
  1. Wattpad
  2. Fanfiction
  3. AOOO

Then there's Webnovel.com, but I wouldn't recommend uploading to them unless you want to give away the exclusivity rights to your story, cause that's in their ToS. They give a loooot of views though. But apparently the readers are 'low quality' and don't convert well to comments, feedback or patrons if that matters to you. On the other hand if you stick with them, they are known to offer actual paying contracts. (That are also horrible. But that's another story entirely)
Fanfiction specializes in...well fanfictions. Dunno about the other two tho.

Webnovel.com I think only has the exclusive rights to your story if you get in a contract to get money from them, but I might be wrong there.

Avery_Evans

Fanfiction specializes in...well fanfictions. Dunno about the other two tho.

Webnovel.com I think only has the exclusive rights to your story if you get in a contract to get money from them, but I might be wrong there.
Archive of Our Own also specializes in fanfiction, I believe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Wattpad
RoyalRoad
Inkitt

Ones I've heard about...
Penana
Sweek
Belletristica - fantasy writing
WackyWriters
Scribophile

Peana, Sweek sort of reminds me of Wattpad website appearance.
InkItt feels just like a grown up Wattpad writer who writes romance. i hear their partnership to help authors publish sucks.

Scribophile seems pretty nice place to do some writing and get feedback on. I keep confusing Scribblehub with Scribophile before XD.

Idk about others and whether they write more fanfiction or more original. But I think those sites are not as centered around fanfiction, like how fanfiction.net is.

Also, the sister site of fanfiction.net is Fictionpress.com, which is supposed be place for original works as opposed to fanfiction.net.

erintesden

Hmm, I looked at the terms of some of other sites I found, as CreativeNovels and Moonquill, which offer a certain revenue for views through a non-exclusive license and keeping your rights to your story.

This part call my attention, though, "By providing Content to the Service, you grant to Creative Novels a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use that Content (including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, display and perform it) in connection with the Service and Creative Novels' (and its successors' and Affiliates') business, including for the purpose of promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service."

Moonquill is quite simmilar, "Grant of License. You hereby grant to MoonQuill a royalty bearing, license fee-free, nontransferable, sub-licensable worldwide, non-exclusive license to use the Writing on the Site for the Term as defined in Section 11. “Use” as used in this section includes, but shall not be limited to, displaying the Writing on the Site, advertising the Writing on the Site or on a social media site connected to the Site or MoonQuill, and making the Writing available for download by users of the Site."

My point is, if you upload to both sites and opt for this do they interfer with each other? Could you get in trouble? Im assuming that not, because of the non-exclusive part, but i still want to make sure.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I'm curious about what other websites for original stories are out there. I'm writing something and want to post it in as much sites as I can, but I know must sites have a focus.

Here, I saw a lot of Isekai and fantasy stuff, simmilar on Royal Road aparently. In wattpad is mainly romance and YA stuff.

Now, what other sites do you know?
I know that there's inkitt and fictionpress. Fictionpress I'm not too familiar with. Inkitt was horrible to use and I barely got any attention.

erintesden

I know that there's inkitt and fictionpress. Fictionpress I'm not too familiar with. Inkitt was horrible to use and I barely got any attention.
Oh, I head a lot of critiques like that. Aparently the interface is difficult and most popular stories are in the same vein than Twilight. So if you dont post romance stories for women you wont get much attention.

D

Deleted member 45782

Hmm, I looked at the terms of some of other sites I found, as CreativeNovels and Moonquill, which offer a certain revenue for views through a non-exclusive license and keeping your rights to your story.

This part call my attention, though, "By providing Content to the Service, you grant to Creative Novels a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use that Content (including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, display and perform it) in connection with the Service and Creative Novels' (and its successors' and Affiliates') business, including for the purpose of promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service."

Moonquill is quite simmilar, "Grant of License. You hereby grant to MoonQuill a royalty bearing, license fee-free, nontransferable, sub-licensable worldwide, non-exclusive license to use the Writing on the Site for the Term as defined in Section 11. “Use” as used in this section includes, but shall not be limited to, displaying the Writing on the Site, advertising the Writing on the Site or on a social media site connected to the Site or MoonQuill, and making the Writing available for download by users of the Site."

My point is, if you upload to both sites and opt for this do they interfer with each other? Could you get in trouble? Im assuming that not, because of the non-exclusive part, but i still want to make sure.
Ah I see. Sounds like there are other sites just like WebNovel in a way. Good to be wary of using those sites; glad to have not gone using those sites since don't know much about them.