Writing Skeletons & Summoners

What Kind Of Summoner Is Most Interesting

• Sketchy Cheap Magic Circle (This worked? Now what?)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Spirit Link (If I die then you die too)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Monster Master (You can’t disobey me)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martial Spirit (Why is my trash power talking?)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Swordsman Familiar (Vin Diesel: “Family.”)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WaterFish

I’ve been thinking that non-human protagonists and fun journeys have been quite popular.

Skeletons especially.

Whether they are an undead or skeleton, there seems to be a sort of intrigue when you’re stripped of your identity and given a mystery to solve. Like who summoned you and where you are.

It’s like Isekai but you can being reanimated means you can stay in your original world.

I’m thinking of writing such a story, but wasn’t sure what would be popular. So I’ll just leave a poll here and check back on it later.

Kamelingil

Head of Thicc Thighs Supremacy
I’ve been thinking that non-human protagonists and fun journeys have been quite popular.

Skeletons especially.

Whether they are an undead or skeleton, there seems to be a sort of intrigue when you’re stripped of your identity and given a mystery to solve. Like who summoned you and where you are.

It’s like Isekai but you can being reanimated means you can stay in your original world.

I’m thinking of writing such a story, but wasn’t sure what would be popular. So I’ll just leave a poll here and check back on it later.
Skeleton mc?
It is not quite popular except "Skeleton Soldier", but if the story is great, it will get popular in a matter of time.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
The five options gave me some thoughts:

1. So it is an accident... whelp, someone or both their days are ruined.
2. Basically a hostage situation for both, which can be fun if they stop bickering like a married couple going through counselling.
3. Slavery
4. Voice in head. Can be fun.
5. Harem. Dammit.

Also, I thought KR and JP had done the trope to death with undead MCs? Some of them living a new life, others revenge and some other mixture too.

There is even a CN with a guy who is a hero, then something, then a judge and now an undead petty criminal.

Dia779

Skeletons especially.

i think it can be interesting if its done well, too.

For the i choose Sketchy magic + Linked Life, because its both humorous and interesting, Summoner botched an experimental summoning, to explain my take further :

The summoned skeleton cannot be dispelled like the others and is linked too deeply with the Summoner's life, so it motivates the Summoner to go on a journey to find a way to dispel it or at least cut off its connection with the Skelly man. Worse, the skeleton doesnt listen to him n cannot be subdued with the Summoner's spells so they would sometimes argue/persuade the Skeleton to listen.

Sorry if it looked like i got carried away, i get inspired too easily :sweat_smile: