So I drew this anime guy based on random AI art I generated

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Yesterday I went on this AI site called Nightcafe and decided to spend their free credit thingy to generate some random anime guy. The results were hilarious:

First guy wasn't even anime despite the keywords

hahaha_1.jpg

Then he disappeared
hahaha_2.jpg

then he came back as an attempt at anime
hahaha_3.jpg

that pompadour though LOL

anyway, last try had him lookin a bit better
hahaha_4.jpg

the bird disappeared and now he's left all lonely looking at his hands which probably have poop on them. i'm telling you birds are evil

So as a lark I spent the last credit to generate a background someone would, you know, actually use

and proceeded to draw the actual guy... and bird, on Medibang.
tmp.jpg

Daddaaah

nightcafe_redraw.jpg

I can't generate new weird pics now lol and no i'm not making an account with nightcafe. worth the experiment though ✨

Le_ther

Despite ai art having receive mixed feedbacks from artist and people. It's nice to see it being use as a collaborative tool to enhance and this is just an example.

Also the last art pic is truly awesome. Honestly would fit as a gacha game portrait like the fgo ones.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Despite ai art having receive mixed feedbacks from artist and people. It's nice to see it being use as a collaborative tool to enhance and this is just an example.

Also the last art pic is truly awesome. Honestly would fit as a gacha game portrait like the fgo ones.

Well, yeah, it's definitely a split in reception. Whenever something new comes along, some people are going to react adversely to it. There was a time when folk were worried that machines would take their jobs away in factories. Time will tell!

D'aww thanks! Idk about gacha game portrait, but I did like it enough to use as a cover haha

idk why AI art can't do hands... it's very strange.
I've met humans who can't draw hands either. Not that strange LOL

AI still got a long way to go
It does!

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
What prompts did you use? I wanna try too.

ACertainPassingUser

I prefer real-looking face turned into 2d compared to converting it into generic anime pointy chin with emoji face.

You're not even doing it for effectivity. It makes the character generic. At least put some striking color that separate him from background.

For example, try to put BMW color stripe (BMW) as the outfit color scheme.and use that guy reallife-like hair into the anime chara instead of drawing anime style ponytail.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
What prompts did you use? I wanna try too.
handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing in a lush chrysanthemum garden, with a celestial luan bird, linxuelian anime, Deep Color, Intricate, 8k resolution concept art, Natural Lighting, Beautiful Composition, Anime Key Visual

The prompts starting from Deep Color onwards are generated by the site itself. The first image used a guide - but I think if you're generating an anime image it's better not to use one.

EDIT: I believe our username keywords don't work because it takes references from images from Pexels. Basically the site trained the AI to expose itself to only royalty-free images.

Is there any other AI art generation site that doesn't require signing up? :blob_teary: i don't want to log in or publish anything, just randomly generate something silly for fun

melchi

What is a custom title?
Novelai gives similar images

Attachments

• handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-662535611.png
    handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-662535611.png
    606.7 KB · Views: 34
  • handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-1371556606.png
    handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-1371556606.png
    531.6 KB · Views: 35
  • handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-791626426.png
    handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-791626426.png
    615.7 KB · Views: 45
  • handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-13321021.png
    handsome, xianxia, young man in teal and white ancient chinese robes, standing i s-13321021.png
    595.7 KB · Views: 34

melchi

What is a custom title?
oh novelai does require a sign in so if that bugs you then I guess it is out.

RinThao

Using AI generated art as a prompt to make your own, I call that genius. Beautiful art btw