Software/Apps to use in drawing

Thorkell_40k

Hello hello

hmm so I'm just wondering about what software or apps are you guys using in drawing or making your artwork?

Thanks!
Yes Medibang!!!!! 😍 Check my threads 😀 I drew it using Medibang😊

JustAnotherArtist

Hello hello

hmm so I'm just wondering about what software or apps are you guys using in drawing or making your artwork?

Thanks!
For beginners I would recommend procreate of the sketchbook app that’s usually for free, and if your looking for apps with more advanced settings then I would suggest that you use clip studio paint or ibis paint

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
Fire Alpaca is what I use mostly, best app to be honest but if you want a software that could animate as well, then get Krita.

The pen sensitivity is a little off and the mechanics could use some work, but if you could work around that then use it

Thorkell_40k

Hello hello

Thanks!
Medibang 😀 all the drawing that I drew and posted in a thread is from Medibang 😊

Nyaa

Since this thread has been revived, I'll pile on another recommendation for Krita.

While it really shines for drawing, it is also my go-to software for all my image editing needs. I ditched Photoshop several years ago for Krita. After becoming familiar with Krita, I'm never going back. Krita does almost everything Photoshop can and many more things Photoshop can't. Very occasionally, I'll have to bring something into GIMP instead of Krita (usually for some obscure task that Photoshop wouldn't do either).

Another advantage of being free, full-featured, lightweight, and cross-platform is that I can be up and running in under 5 minutes if I ever need to do any image editing on someone else's PC.

I honestly can't see the appeal of proprietary software like Photoshop when it has already been surpassed by free software in almost every way. Unless you have a very rare and specific use case that requires a very rare and specific patented feature without an equivalent, you really shouldn't waste money paying for otherwise inferior software.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Medibang 😀 all the drawing that I drew and posted in a thread is from Medibang 😊
I still prefer Ibis a lot over Medibang. Used both quite a bit. Ibis just felt less restrictive, may just because I am using free software and I love their tutorials.