Spider-man 2 has awful writing

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Had to bring this up sometime but this game is terrible.

Mary Jane is just horrible, especially her missions. They might as well call this game “Mary Jane 2: Featuring Spiderman”

Still, the gameplay for both spider-men is pretty good, just didn’t have the same impact as the first game. I don’t get why video game makers always want to double down on doing things majority of fans hate, then try to act like what they are doing is good.

I take it back, I fully understand why.
social engineering via gaslighting.

Anyway, at least Japan still makes good games.

SailusGebel

Like what? :blob_hmm:
Serious answer, there is a ton of Nintendo Games that come out more or less frequently, lesser known JRPGs, Yakuza games, Team Ninja games, Tekken, SF, and so on. I'm too lazy to google when this or that game came out, but I do know that Tekken 8 has come out recently. Althought I didn't play it and don't plan to, it looks incredible.

beast_regards

1707328846293.png

Behold art brought to you by the People's Republic of China!

Tempokai

Overworked One
When the game design is essentially ticking the same boxes the other AAA games make to attract """investors""", I'm kinda surprised... NOT.

Thankfully the Japan and Korea still have individuality and the innovation in storytelling, which is becoming rare nowadays.

Shrimp_eater

They do things fans hate because they want to please investors. I wouldn't look for good stories in AAA games, aside from very rare exceptions.

forli

The one thing I know about this game was listening to the "gender-neutral inclusive language" from the Spanish dub on YouTube.

It almost made me spill my drink, it didn't even sound like Spanish at all, kinda sounded like French. I had to look at the subtitles to understand what they were saying.