Writing Prompt Spooktober Prompt (Fun)

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
This isn't a serious prompt. Just make a funny (or punny) story about the usual spooky things. This is mostly for comedy, and if it includes some puns about skeletons, ghosts, zombies, witches, etc, I will especially enjoy it.

It can be in any format you want! You can do any story involving spooky creatures~.
Here is a short example:
-------------------
The bleachers were full of skeletons and vampires, rooting for their teams. The away team were The Funny-bone Rattlers, and on the home side were The Sucky Counters.

It was a cold winter night, yet the stands were packed. The announcers waited the start of the game!

Pumpkin Head Announcer: "Tonight there are two teams carved out in the arena! We will witness a harrowing experience! The marrow will fly! Blood will be spewed! This game kicks off the start of this terrible season~!"

Witch Announcer: "...You are telling me, Mr. Pumpkin! Only one of these teams will be crowned victorious! The other team will be sent to the pyre!"

Gothic tunes echoed in the stadium. A dark church accordion started playing "Take me out to the Ball Game". The visiting team, The Funny-bone Rattlers, took up the bat, and the first hitter was none other than Bone Runner...
------------------
I am too lazy to personally finish the story, so you are more than welcome to also do that!

D

Deleted member 54065

It was the end of October.

As usual, everything's going on in my life just fine. My work? Everyone was charming and helpful. My social life? Feels the same. I was not that sociable anyway. A two or three pairs of friends was enough for me.

My finances? Not that good, but I could still get by my daily needs.

Well, everything's good so far.

And then, it came. I didn't even expect for it to appear, came knocking on my door, and ringing on my doorbell.

I looked outside and there was no one. I was alone; my neighbors were either out, or in the quiet solace of their own homes.

On my patio was an envelope. Inside was a folded letter. My heart beats were fast as I picked it up. My head was thinking, "what could it be this time?" As much as I didn't want to open that, I had no choice but to confront my fears...

With my eyes closed, I opened the folded paper. Slowly, I looked into what's written...

My heart stopped. I could feel the cold sweat come down from my forehead, trickling down my cheeks. It's the words I never wanted to see...

"Due to your non-payment of your monthly electrical dues, we will disconnect you from our service starting November 1."

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!

As usual, everything's going on in my life just fine. My work? Everyone was charming and helpful. My social life? Feels the same. I was not that sociable anyway. A two or three pairs of friends was enough for me.

And then, it came. I didn't even expect for it to appear, came knocking on my door, and ringing on my doorbell.

I looked outside and there was no one. I was alone; my neighbors were either out, or in the quiet solace of their own homes.

On my patio was an envelope. Inside was a folded letter. My heart beats were fast as I picked it up. My head was thinking, "what could it be this time?" As much as I didn't want to open that, I had no choice but to confront my fears...

With my eyes closed, I opened the folded paper. Slowly, I looked into what's written...

My heart stopped. I could feel the cold sweat come down from my forehead, trickling down my cheeks. It's the words I never wanted to see...

"Due to your non-payment of your monthly electrical dues, we will disconnect you from our service starting November 1."
You MF this is like a continuation of that joke from my old thread!

sage61

oh Wow, the twist at the end is awesome. Love this

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
When October began, the dead of Wimsley Graveyard were already preparing for Halloween.
"So how did you scare yours?" asked the skeleton to his left.
"Wha-? What?" replied the other.
"Well, I thought we were doing a bragging contest. To exchange ideas, you know... and self-improvement. You were saying you put a gun on their heads, didn't you?" curiously asked the skeleton already half-aware of what his mate was up to recently.
"Dude... I wasn't trying to scare them. I was robbing them. In fact, I was more scared than them! The police might come anytime soon!" sweated by the skeleton's mate as he anxiously looked left and right.
"Wait..." The skeleton was flabbergasted. "You were alive! You have been alive all along!?
"Yeah? So what? Hide me until the cops stopped searching for me..."

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
When October began, the dead of Wimsley Graveyard were already preparing for Halloween.
"So how did you scare yours?" asked the skeleton to his left.
"Wha-? What?" replied the other.
"Well, I thought we were doing a bragging contest. To exchange ideas, you know... and self-improvement. You were saying you put a gun on their heads, didn't you?" curiously asked the skeleton already half-aware of what his mate was up to recently.
"Dude... I wasn't trying to scare them. I was robbing them. In fact, I was more scared than them! The police might come anytime soon!" sweated by the skeleton's mate as he anxiously looked left and right.
"Wait..." The skeleton was flabbergasted. "You were alive! You have been alive all along!?
"Yeah? So what? Hide me until the cops stopped searching me..."
Was the other skeleton just a guy in a costume?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My brain isn't feeling fictional right now, but yesterday my kid ran up to a store window and kept saying, "Halloween!" because the display was totally set up for Halloween with pumpkins and spiders and stuff. This time last year, he had a very small vocabulary of just prepositions, so it's exciting to see him recognizing holiday stuff.