Sub-Categories for the Glossary

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Agreed that this would be helpful.

I have a Character category, but I want to index them into Main Character and Side Characters, but if I want to do it now, I have to make a category, and it feels kind of weird.

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
Infinite categories sound great, though some bozo might end up crashing the fucking site doing so.
Is this low level trolling? Can't tell.
Everytime someone suggests a feature without saying explicit limitations, someone just has to go "oh so it's no limits? how's that gonna work?".

Categories for the glossary? Honestly you could just put everything in a single glossary post and update/edit it. Have a "Contents" section, for each entry in there, also write a 'password' so that people can ctrl+f their way to the right place. It might sound bad, but I hate having to open 3 thousand tabs.
"Too many tabs" is the reason why qidian is doing well, you can have 1 tab per story there, and preload 1000 chapters if you want (although it's a pain to do so). Contributing to the "too many tabs" issue isn't great.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't use the glossary feature too much, but that still sounds great to me!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Doesn't have to be infinite.
Is this low level trolling? Can't tell.
Everytime someone suggests a feature without saying explicit limitations, someone just has to go "oh so it's no limits? how's that gonna work?"
Should've said multiple instead of infinite. Unless your kink is accounting I don't think anyone would hit the category limit.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
actually a surprisingly good idea.
Hmmm... Can put sections into titled spoilers, so it's not a big wall of text and people can avoid info they might not want to spoil themselves.

Also, I manage it like this, by section breaks

Adnotacja 2020-07-27 123218.png

ForestDweller

Hmmm... Can put sections into titled spoilers, so it's not a big wall of text and people can avoid info they might not want to spoil themselves.

Also, I manage it like this, by section breaks

View attachment 3246

Ooh, that's cool! I should try that!

Hold on. How do you type section breaks?

Last edited:

atgongumerki

Agreed, I was looking for exactly this feature and now know that it is not yet in existence

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Can you tell me how to type those long lines please?

You can use pretty much anything, like Unicode and stuff. The simple lines are just part of interface characters, you can get them for eg. HERE. There are many sites with various symbols, so you can just look around and pick some you like.