Such a big gap in the leaderboards!

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
These are the aspects that determine whether a story gets popular here.

1. Title
2. Genres/Tags
3. Synopsis
4. Cover Art
5. Actual Content

Ranked in that order for importance.

If your content sucks you're just going to get a bunch of readers but no views. Also, don't forget that what some people think is good (aka what they like) may be different from your opinions.

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
Congrats on your rising success, @Mwpensword and I hope you reach the top! :blob_aww:

My views are pretty stable and I'm content with the base I've built thus far. I like the community here a lot and love seeing writers support each other like this.

Kaguro

If your content sucks you're just going to get a bunch of readers but no views. Also, don't forget that what some people think is good (aka what they like) may be different from your opinions.

Maybe, but I think that's only really true for the established stories. For new stories most of the time I see them stuck at 50-200 daily views and are basically just getting ignored forever. To me that's not an issue of good or bad content, but an issue of advertising.

A new story is at a huge advantage if you can get an initial view bump, I don't know exactly how the algorithm works, so I don't know if that's the age of a story, popularity metrics, or a mix of both, but I have seen enough to know that already popular stories do not get trending very often, especially in the #1,#2,#3 slots which are the first recommendations given to mobile users. These trending stories are almost always very new ones, not to mention you only have a shot at trending once every two days.

If you can get trending immediately after launching a story, your story almost certainly sit up on that spot for weeks on end. Getting 10x-100x the traffic it would normally get. The effects from this are usually long lasting.

Mwpensword

Congrats on your rising success, @Mwpensword and I hope you reach the top! :blob_aww:

My views are pretty stable and I'm content with the base I've built thus far. I like the community here a lot and love seeing writers support each other like this.
Thank you! I love having a community to turn to with any questions or even just to brag about to!

KyoruS

These are the aspects that determine whether a story gets popular here.

1. Title
2. Genres/Tags
3. Synopsis
4. Cover Art
5. Actual Content

Ranked in that order for importance.

I’m pretty sure Cover Art takes the number one spot. As proven from how I reached trending page solely from changing the cover to a waifu one

Mwpensword

I’m pretty sure Cover Art takes the number one spot. As proven from how I reached trending page solely from changing the cover to a waifu one
So you are saying that if I want to garner even more views all I need to do is use pictures of women? Seriously? I am not saying that I doubt you, far from it as some advice I got about releasing a chapter a day for 30 days seemed to be doing nothing until literally the 30th day and then I exploded but darn it, I thought just having any sort of decent cover was good enough! I'm gonna go cry in a corner now because I am already attached to my cover images and don't want to change them willy nilly.