Tell me about the protagonist in your story?

expentio

Well, in my story "Eldritch" I have Iori Nomia.
Iori Nomia is a fourteen-year-old Japanese-American girl, living in Japan with her mother, while her father is usually out, because of his job. She has also a bad case of insomnia that makes her only half-functional in daily life. Yet the reason for this is that while she dreams she goes a bit too deep to realms one shouldn't enter. This isn't bad in itself, as usually the dream self dies and lets the dreamer wake up without memories of the dream, yet somewhat worn out, leading to the aforementioned insomnia. Yet one time she gets especially unlucky and ends up merging with an indefinite number of parasite eldritch worms. Stuff leads to stuff and she wakes up in her world while still being that creature that consists of pure nightmare. The issue is due to Iori's insomniac lifestyle she was always extremely passive. Iori is extremely shy, doesn't like to be bothered (though, she still has friends), and just wants to lead a normal life, while consequently dodging, evading, or deflecting anything that might become troublesome. That now everywhere demons plop up, she's regularly ground zero of paranormal effects that cause sprawling growths, living nightmares, and unraveling reality, while always being at risk of dragging the world into her personal nightmare realm might pose to be a minor impediment towards that purpose.
So yes, that's Iori, an adolescent outer goddess that just by the sheer inability of wielding her powers becomes more dangerous than most of the established ones. Some say if she would just be evil it might be safer for the continued existence of the multiverse.

Koiren

= Name's Annabel, and although officially her last name is Clyde, it doesn't appear in the story (as far as I remember, and have a fish memory).

= A girl (13 at the beninging, then 16 as the main events start happenning) that is forcefully taken away from her parents at a young age and brough to a slave driver's house. Her big adventure starts as a mysterious boy saves her from that hell, but he surely wants something in return.

= Annabel is quite a strong girl. He personality is all about stubborn, clever, hard-working, and a mighty sense of justice. She is not very knowledgeable, but she is determined and responsible, so she puts her heart and soul into learning throughout the whole story. She's loyal to her principles and very straight-forward; she can't lie to people about what she thinks of them, but at the same time she tends to seek for the good in some of them. She doesn't care much about people that make her disgusted though, which is why her adventure is quite a toll. One can say she's a sensitive type, can be emotional, but she's also the kind of a person who can treat a situation objectively and think rationally. Is attached to her family. Is not much of a dreamer, prefers to be realistic and rational. She can enjoy the little things and find happiness in the darkest hour. Ambitious enough to try and pierce the darkness with her own light and confidence, but, just like most people, she feels fear and has to overcome it with the strength of her stubborness. She's a rebel and would create trouble for those she hates.

= Average height; long brown wavy hair and green eyes. Is built rather beautifully and has an attractive face, but doesn't realize it until the boy tells her about it. In some places her skin is scarred and rough - as a rebellious slave, she was not treated too well. Probably gets freckles in summer.

= Her main goal is returning to her parents after three years of being kept in slavery. She's slowed down by dangers and fears, which are not irrational at all. Her side goal has something to do with destroying the slavery routes and systems in the kingdom where she lives, but she doesn't have a clear plan yet. I'm going to leave that for the Part 2 of the book.

= Her relationship with the boy that saves her is rather... complicated. She doesn't detest him, but she definitely hates the fact that she has become a slave again, just under different conditions. At first he appears to be a bandit to her, a person who she wouldn't like to trust, someone with darker principles than her own. But as the time passes, she starts to feel that there's more to his character, and that's how her trust in him grows, and her attituide becomes warmer. "Our little Annabel's got a kind heart," he says to her once. And he's absolutely right. She wants to believe that not all people are ugly and vicious, or at least that it's possible to make the world that way.

RoseDark

= Name's Annabel, and although officially her last name is Clyde, it doesn't appear in the story (as far as I remember, and have a fish memory).

= A girl (13 at the beninging, then 16 as the main events start happenning) that is forcefully taken away from her parents at a young age and brough to a slave driver's house. Her big adventure starts as a mysterious boy saves her from that hell, but he surely wants something in return.

= Annabel is quite a strong girl. He personality is all about stubborn, clever, hard-working, and a mighty sense of justice. She is not very knowledgeable, but she is determined and responsible, so she puts her heart and soul into learning throughout the whole story. She's loyal to her principles and very straight-forward; she can't lie to people about what she thinks of them, but at the same time she tends to seek for the good in some of them. She doesn't care much about people that make her disgusted though, which is why her adventure is quite a toll. One can say she's a sensitive type, can be emotional, but she's also the kind of a person who can treat a situation objectively and think rationally. Is attached to her family. Is not much of a dreamer, prefers to be realistic and rational. She can enjoy the little things and find happiness in the darkest hour. Ambitious enough to try and pierce the darkness with her own light and confidence, but, just like most people, she feels fear and has to overcome it with the strength of her stubborness. She's a rebel and would create trouble for those she hates.

= Average height; long brown wavy hair and green eyes. Is built rather beautifully and has an attractive face, but doesn't realize it until the boy tells her about it. In some places her skin is scarred and rough - as a rebellious slave, she was not treated too well. Probably gets freckles in summer.

= Her main goal is returning to her parents after three years of being kept in slavery. She's slowed down by dangers and fears, which are not irrational at all. Her side goal has something to do with destroying the slavery routes and systems in the kingdom where she lives, but she doesn't have a clear plan yet. I'm going to leave that for the Part 2 of the book.

= Her relationship with the boy that saves her is rather... complicated. She doesn't detest him, but she definitely hates the fact that she has become a slave again, just under different conditions. At first he appears to be a bandit to her, a person who she wouldn't like to trust, someone with darker principles than her own. But as the time passes, she starts to feel that there's more to his character, and that's how her trust in him grows, and her attituide becomes warmer. "Our little Annabel's got a kind heart," he says to her once. And he's absolutely right. She wants to believe that not all people are ugly and vicious, or at least that it's possible to make the world that way.
WOW!!! It's really cool how in-depth you went!!!
Well, in my story "Eldritch" I have Iori Nomia.
Iori Nomia is a fourteen-year-old Japanese-American girl, living in Japan with her mother, while her father is usually out, because of his job. She has also a bad case of insomnia that makes her only half-functional in daily life. Yet the reason for this is that while she dreams she goes a bit too deep to realms one shouldn't enter. This isn't bad in itself, as usually the dream self dies and lets the dreamer wake up without memories of the dream, yet somewhat worn out, leading to the aforementioned insomnia. Yet one time she gets especially unlucky and ends up merging with an indefinite number of parasite eldritch worms. Stuff leads to stuff and she wakes up in her world while still being that creature that consists of pure nightmare. The issue is due to Iori's insomniac lifestyle she was always extremely passive. Iori is extremely shy, doesn't like to be bothered (though, she still has friends), and just wants to lead a normal life, while consequently dodging, evading, or deflecting anything that might become troublesome. That now everywhere demons plop up, she's regularly ground zero of paranormal effects that cause sprawling growths, living nightmares, and unraveling reality, while always being at risk of dragging the world into her personal nightmare realm might pose to be a minor impediment towards that purpose.
So yes, that's Iori, an adolescent outer goddess that just by the sheer inability of wielding her powers becomes more dangerous than most of the established ones. Some say if she would just be evil it might be safer for the continued existence of the multiverse.
I like the multiverse twist you added!!!

Koiren

WOW!!! It's really cool how in-depth you went!!!

I like the multiverse twist you added!!!
It was quite useful to explain my own protagonist to myself. I have bad memory, and this helped me refresh some things I made up about the girl a long time ago :')

RoseDark

It was quite useful to explain my own protagonist to myself. I have bad memory, and this helped me refresh some things I made up about the girl a long time ago :')
Have you begun writing this project?

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
cursed as a fox girl
I'm totally willing to take that curse to err... help out? >.> Or maybe I could piss of something that would give me a turn-into-foxgirl curse?

Hey guys, this is a forum where you can promote your story. But instead of writing a summary of your story, share with us the biography of your MC!

Here are some guidelines that may help you, if you're not sure what to write:

• Try to keep the bio about a paragraph or two in length (Not Mandatory)
  • Tell us about your protagonist's history
  • What are your protagonist's dreams/goals?
  • Does your protagonist have special abilities?
  • Describe the physical looks of your protagonist. (Gender, age, race, height, etc...)
  • You may add anything you think, can help best describe your character!!!
After writing the biography of your character, you can add the title of your story at the bottom, so other people can check it out!

Also, take the time to read the biography of other protagonists and share what you liked about them, or what you didn't.
Niphru is a fox, much cute, needs pats.

He was blessed by two gods to help him manage to remain sane instead of get mutated too heavily by mana, leading to him becoming the first known wild 'Awakened' which is an animal with higher intelligence. He then managed to get a little human girl interested in him, leading to her getting hurt trying to find him, then dragging him into human society, against society's, and his will. Said girl eventually formed a bond with him that allows empathy and eventual telepathy. Eventually he managed to get himself accepted by the village, but then warriors from the Church of Conflict heard about him, and they showed up wanting to kill him. That is the basic beginnings of his story.

Goals: Get some damn hands, or magic to replicate having hands, because having to use your mouth for everything makes things way too hard. Help his human succeed. Recover from injuries sustained saving his human. Become accepted by most humans instead of just some.

Special abilities: As a kitsune, he has foxfire, which can be shifted into an illusion and back at will. In fire form, it only burns if he wants it to, and it can also heal instead of burn. Additionally, he can cast fire magic with quite good affinity, and healing magic with some affinity.

Physical form: "Am fox, much cute, pet me" -- red fox, about two years old, male, big fluffy tail, about the size of a large cat or mid-sized dog. Typically you don't see him unless he wants you to, as he hides with his illusions, which are also how he talks normally.

Story: The First Kitsune of Atryna

RoseDark

I'm totally willing to take that curse to err... help out? >.> Or maybe I could piss of something that would give me a turn-into-foxgirl curse?

Niphru is a fox, much cute, needs pats.

He was blessed by two gods to help him manage to remain sane instead of get mutated too heavily by mana, leading to him becoming the first known wild 'Awakened' which is an animal with higher intelligence. He then managed to get a little human girl interested in him, leading to her getting hurt trying to find him, then dragging him into human society, against society's, and his will. Said girl eventually formed a bond with him that allows empathy and eventual telepathy. Eventually he managed to get himself accepted by the village, but then warriors from the Church of Conflict heard about him, and they showed up wanting to kill him. That is the basic beginnings of his story.

Goals: Get some damn hands, or magic to replicate having hands, because having to use your mouth for everything makes things way too hard. Help his human succeed. Recover from injuries sustained saving his human. Become accepted by most humans instead of just some.

Special abilities: As a kitsune, he has foxfire, which can be shifted into an illusion and back at will. In fire form, it only burns if he wants it to, and it can also heal instead of burn. Additionally, he can cast fire magic with quite good affinity, and healing magic with some affinity.

Physical form: "Am fox, much cute, pet me" -- red fox, about two years old, male, big fluffy tail, about the size of a large cat or mid-sized dog. Typically you don't see him unless he wants you to, as he hides with his illusions, which are also how he talks normally.

Story: The First Kitsune of Atryna
Hell yes!!! Haven't seen a Kitsune theme in so long...

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Hell yes!!! Haven't seen a Kitsune theme in so long...
Really? There are a whole bunch of kitsune stories. Check out my profile, I have multiple different 'foxxo' categories containing most of them. Or do you mean the 'proper' kitsune that are foxes who grow to become humanoid rather than just starting at that point?

D

Deleted member 113259

Name: Scott Flores/ Height: 6'2/ Age: 15/ Race: Land of Griffins. Red eyes, Slicked back Gold hair

He has the potential to become a great tamer, magician, martial artist, and blacksmith. He also has a unique class that allows him to take on the body parts of his tamed monsters.

Scott Flores is a highly arrogant but talented man that wishes to reach the peak of strength and transform his society into that of a strength-based social hierarchy. Unfortunately, his arrogance has made him lazy, and he has long forgotten about his dream, but when a visitor from another world who knows his future temporarily possesses him he is reminded of that goal and becomes enraged that he is destined to never complete it and instead becomes a gag character to a man by the name of Lucas McClain.

Now he continues his path of strength fuelled by his petty rivalry with Lucas McClain. If Lucas is in A-class, he'll get to A-class. If Lucas has a harem, he wants a harem. If Lucas is talented in swordsmanship, he'll become a weapon master despite that being the one thing he's not naturally gifted in.

Story: The Minor Villain Will Stay Relevant!

RoseDark

Really? There are a whole bunch of kitsune stories. Check out my profile, I have multiple different 'foxxo' categories containing most of them. Or do you mean the 'proper' kitsune that are foxes who grow to become humanoid rather than just starting at that point?
Just speaking in general... Ik there's a lot of content out there, just haven't seen it
Name: Scott Flores/ Height: 6'2/ Age: 15/ Race: Land of Griffins. Red eyes, Slicked back Gold hair

He has the potential to become a great tamer, magician, martial artist, and blacksmith. He also has a unique class that allows him to take on the body parts of his tamed monsters.

Scott Flores is a highly arrogant but talented man that wishes to reach the peak of strength and transform his society into that of a strength-based social hierarchy. Unfortunately, his arrogance has made him lazy, and he has long forgotten about his dream, but when a visitor from another world who knows his future temporarily possesses him he is reminded of that goal and becomes enraged that he is destined to never complete it and instead becomes a gag character to a man by the name of Lucas McClain.

Now he continues his path of strength fuelled by his petty rivalry with Lucas McClain. If Lucas is in A-class, he'll get to A-class. If Lucas has a harem, he wants a harem. If Lucas is talented in swordsmanship, he'll become a weapon master despite that being the one thing he's not naturally gifted in.

Story: The Minor Villain Will Stay Relevant!
HAREM!!! HELL YES!

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Meet Thuong Anderson, a Vietnamese-Canadian civics teacher who died from a gasleak and found herself reincarnated inside a poor-written plot she wrote when she was bored, and now she's stuck in a timeloop, being killed and imprisoned by her students.

mcarrowen

Hello~ The MC in my story is named Cecille Starrdottir. Back on earth, she's the CEO of HEXYL Corp, a biotech company. But in the world called Afterlife, she's known in the ops team as hellRaider22RSTU. For the folks at Beers&Berserkers Tavern and her enemies, she's Granny Gunner, a 66-year-old sniper you'd rather not want to cross paths with.

RoseDark

Meet Thuong Anderson, a Vietnamese-Canadian civics teacher who died from a gasleak and found herself reincarnated inside a poor-written plot she wrote when she was bored, and now she's stuck in a timeloop, being killed and imprisoned by her students.

I like what you're cooking!!!

Maldrasen

So in my spare time, I'd been reading a lot of smutty harem-lit, fantasy adventure type books. They're entertaining, but I usually found myself hating the protagonist. (With a couple notable exceptions) They tend to be an edge lord, unusually whiny, or just completely insufferable, so part of what got me writing in the first place was wanting to see a non-typical protagonist. Someone I would actually be able to root for.

Azalon is a vulpine. (Anthropomorphic fox, yes I'm writing a furry novel) He's a bit older than your average fantasy protagonist. He's in his early 30s with a steady career as a scholar of ancient artifacts. He's intelligent, kind, personable, but he's also a little arrogant at times, sometimes acts impulsively, and doesn't have much practical experience at all. He knows he's smart, so he often relies on his excellent reasoning to make decisions, but then ends up doing completely the wrong thing because all of his basic assumptions were off.

The other big way I wanted to make him unique was to emphasize his sexuality. He's unashamedly sexual, and already very experienced. He's bisexual, a polyamorist, and pretty much into everything. He's not lascivious though. At least I don't think he comes off as some kind of pervert. He just knows what he likes and isn't afraid to admit it.

RoseDark

So in my spare time, I'd been reading a lot of smutty harem-lit, fantasy adventure type books. They're entertaining, but I usually found myself hating the protagonist. (With a couple notable exceptions) They tend to be an edge lord, unusually whiny, or just completely insufferable, so part of what got me writing in the first place was wanting to see a non-typical protagonist. Someone I would actually be able to root for.

Azalon is a vulpine. (Anthropomorphic fox, yes I'm writing a furry novel) He's a bit older than your average fantasy protagonist. He's in his early 30s with a steady career as a scholar of ancient artifacts. He's intelligent, kind, personable, but he's also a little arrogant at times, sometimes acts impulsively, and doesn't have much practical experience at all. He knows he's smart, so he often relies on his excellent reasoning to make decisions, but then ends up doing completely the wrong thing because all of his basic assumptions were off.

The other big way I wanted to make him unique was to emphasize his sexuality. He's unashamedly sexual, and already very experienced. He's bisexual, a polyamorist, and pretty much into everything. He's not lascivious though. At least I don't think he comes off as some kind of pervert. He just knows what he likes and isn't afraid to admit it.

Unapologetic! I like it!

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Oh, this looks interesting.

Ninachico.png

Meet my OC, she's a human teenager named Nina Valdir. She's an average 13-year-old girl who just started her career as a Priestess and her journeys through the Highlands. (In her world, people are considered of age at 13) She's a bit shy but curious, very well-read but also naive, lagging behind just a bit in the street-smarts department but quick and willing to learn. She's friendly and good-natured but also a bit arrogant and self-righteous.

The events of the story start when barbarian raiders attack the village she's currently visiting and she must escape the onslaught. She soon discovers that the attack was not a coincidence and she's actually in the middle of a scheme of massive proportions, being targetted not only by the raiders but also by mercenaries and bounty hunters. She's as strong as any normal teenager, so she must resort to her wits to evade capture, make allies, reach a safe haven, and uncover the truth behind the conspiracy, all while navigating through unknown and hostile lands.

I level the link to my story Nowhere to Run if you want to give it a try.

Last edited:

RoseDark

Oh, this looks interesting.

Meet my OC, she's a human teenager named Nina Valdir. She's an average 13-year-old girl who just started her career as a Priestess and her journeys through the Highlands. (In her world, people are considered of age at 13) She's a bit shy but curious, very well-read but also naive, lagging behind just a bit in the street-smarts department but quick and willing to learn. She's friendly and good-natured but also a bit arrogant and self-righteous.

The events of the story start when barbarian raiders attack the village she's currently visiting and she must escape the onslaught. She soon discovers that the attack was not a coincidence and she's actually in the middle of a scheme of massive proportions, being targetted not only by the raiders but also by mercenaries and bounty hunters. She's as strong as any normal teenager, so she must resort to her wits to evade capture, make allies, reach a safe haven, and uncover the truth behind the conspiracy, all while navigating through unknown and hostile lands.

I level the link to my story Nowhere to Run if you want to give it a try.
DAMN! Nina sounds like an amazing character btw!!! I'll definitely check your novel out