3: Naruto fanfiction.
4: Litrpg
5: Badly written scifi
6: Scifi but good
7: Drunk litrpg
8: Badly Translated Novels
9: Chapterless Novels
10: Isekai harem smut.
(it is currently 11:35 pm and my internal organs are suffering)
*honorable mention: gender bender

Last edited:

Corty

NO, U.

BigBadBoi

You forgot shitty capeshit fanfiction isekai harem power fantasy

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
I like to think the isekai I've been writing is an intriguing one. I hope when I publish people will agree... but I am afeared that I will fall into lazy.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I know there less of them compared to litrpg, but you can add the cultivation stories to that list.

MatchaChocolate69

Edible Bittersweet Edgelord, Rebel against Entropy
1: Girl's love smut.
2: Harry Potter fanfiction.
3: Naruto fanfiction.
4: Litrpg
5: Badly written scifi
6: Scifi but good
7: Drunk litrpg
8: Badly Translated Novels
9: Chapterless Novels
10: Isekai harem smut.
(it is currently 11:35 pm and my internal organs are suffering)
*honorable mention: gender bender
Why don't you combine all ten? You could surely get millions of views.

Speedwagon889

As a contributor to genre #1, I agree. I hardly see anything other than what's on that list

Jemini

I never written any of these, thank god.
Smut yes, Harem yes, Isekai yes, but not in the same sentence or story

I've only ever written Isekai. Just plain Isekai, absolutely none of that other stuff (unless you count the gender bender from the honorable mention, but that's played more as the universe simply not caring about gender and everyone having a 50% chance of winding up the opposite gender in their next life.)

I do have plans, eventually, to make a far-future sequel to the Key to the Void series I'm writing in which they use particular aspects about the magic system in their world to create a LitRPG system which they are the gods of, and the story would be told from the POV of a new character introduced to this new world they created, but my reason for doing that is because it's a take on LitRPG I've never seen before and manages to solve just about all the chief complaints about the LitRPG genre I generally see.

(I wouldn't be the first to solve all these complaints, those being 1. Reason for the system to exist (most in the genre don't have one), 2. Keeping the system relevant and not just having it become "numbers go up, even though numbers are ultimately meaningless," 3. World doesn't seem to particularly explore the differences in-world that are created by the system, and 4. The writes the story in a way that it might as well have not even been a LitRPG in the first place and it could have quite seamlessly been replaced with a no-system world and it would have actually been an improvement.)

Several people have answered those 4 key criticisms of the genre before, and they are some of the absolute most successful in the genre. I just happen to have one more story idea that can answer the 4 criticisms, and I know what the 4 criticisms are well enough to avoid them, so I figure "why not?"

Well, the one reason "why not" is that I have to finish Key to the Void first and this is just one of the future stories I want to tell but have to wait on, but I guess that's just how it's gotta be.

Sylver

Hmm, I do have Girl's Love as a tag for my story despite not having any romance or smut between women as of yet with the exception of one smut scene. Not false advertising or misleading, it's the GL subplot tag and it does come into play in future chapters.

I do see some variety in stories in this site, but they're not popular or were dropped without a resolution. So I do see your point. Interesting.