The amount of harem on this site

CL

:blob_neutral:Pepperoni? Surely, not here in Italy. You get a Margherita without salami.
For those who do not know: "Pizza Margherita is a typical Neapolitan pizza, made with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, salt and extra-virgin olive oil." - Wikipedia.

Dude you have no idea, I was on a discord once with a bunch of authors and some readers on RR and they straight shit on SH for simply hosting series they claim to be 'immoral' like it's everyone's job to write high quality sophisticated bodies of work. Especially when they claim the author that writes these stories to be toxic or dehumanizing when in the end it's literally a fictional story that has garnered a lot of interest by entertaining its readers. In fact a particularly known author posted one of their stories from here, and some asshole decided to harass people into rating it lower on the RR side. It's just worse knowing that they seem to relish in the idea of white knighting and pretending they have some control over culture. In one sentence someone stated "I just don't want shit like this that demeans and normalizes the humiliation and degrading of women." on a fucking story that has slave in the title and a self insert protagonist in the synopsis.
That has me wondering if some of those who 1-star bomb novels here are RRL zealots. :blob_hmm_two: :blobspearpeek:
"...sometimes people act like they can't differentiate fiction from reality."
It is not an act.

Last edited:

Ununique

Messiah of Alternate Accounts.
For those who do not know: "Pizza Margherita is a typical Neapolitan pizza, made with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, salt and extra-virgin olive oil." - Wikipedia.

That has me wondering if some of those who 1-star bomb novels here are RRL zealots. :blob_hmm_two: :blobspearpeek:

It is not an act.
It's actually sad but funny that the way certain authors put it, it feels like a majority of the user reader base on RR hate lgbtq+ centric novels. They endlessly complain about it and wonder why they get bombarded with .5s. Btw these are also authors that continuously use the words homophobes, bigots, incels, and garbage human beings to describe these "trolls". And whenever the topic of LGBTQ+ or even fucking BL or GL tags is brought up it's argued as a "double-edged sword" because they think it's better to trick someone into reading something that they will drop as soon as they realize an element that was missing from the synopsis *cough* (gay shit: as the supposed homophobes say.) *cough* Not to mention the admins seem to want to distance themselves from either sjw-ness or degeneracy.

But back to the topic on hand. I believe that Scribble Hub does a great job of fostering communities for various types of works, sure not everything gets the same kind of views but the fact is readers are allowed to like or dislike what they please without judgement and being able to find the diamond in the rough for the kind of story they're looking for is great. In fact I won't be surprised if eventually more tags are added to differentiate the types of isekais and harems that exist on this site.

lilGoat

It's actually sad but funny that the way certain authors put it, it feels like a majority of the user reader base on RR hate lgbtq+ centric novels. They endlessly complain about it and wonder why they get bombarded with .5s. Btw these are also authors that continuously use the words homophobes, bigots, incels, and garbage human beings to describe these "trolls". And whenever the topic of LGBTQ+ or even fucking BL or GL tags is brought up it's argued as a "double-edged sword" because they think it's better to trick someone into reading something that they will drop as soon as they realize an element that was missing from the synopsis *cough* (gay shit: as the supposed homophobes say.) *cough* Not to mention the admins seem to want to distance themselves from either sjw-ness or degeneracy.

But back to the topic on hand. I believe that Scribble Hub does a great job of fostering communities for various types of works, sure not everything gets the same kind of views but the fact is readers are allowed to like or dislike what they please without judgement and being able to find the diamond in the rough for the kind of story they're looking for is great. In fact I won't be surprised if eventually more tags are added to differentiate the types of isekais and harems that exist on this site.
Oh man, the forum threads in RR about the lgbtq+ community and POCs make me shudder, tbh. I started publishing there because I thought my book might fit the fantasy and magic realism vibe, but I've shied away from actually promoting it in any way because of the vile threads.
From threads of relatively popular authors complaining that their fantasy story is being bombarded with f** slurs in the comments due to a mild BL theme, to authors of GL replying to them about how they can't help being viscerally disgusted by homosexuality. :blob_blank:
I've seen threads discussing diversity in fiction in a pretty unsavory way, and I get that not everyone's into it, but the way the subject was discussed was seriously unnerving.
A thread responding to it, in a very virtue signaling way, was literally asking POCs to review their book because they were working hard to depict Asians well :blob_neutral: Like, the guy wasn't even able to specify which culture he was referring to...

I have to say, RR is kinda pompous imo. When you first look at the site the design is very professional, but their trending books are almost the same as on other webnovel sites they like to call trash. There's also a lot of smut on there too. And what I have tried to read there, wasn't written any better than what I've seen in SH or WN.

Edit: a word

Kaguro

Having nsfw stories has been the major differentiating factor between this site and royalroad.