The Best Video Game Commercial/Trailers Thread

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Hey people, please post your favorite video game commercials. There have been a lot, especially in the past that have been incredible. I'll start off with one of my favorite ones.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Without a doubt, the Bungie live action Halo commercials.
Halo 3:
Halo Reach:
Halo 3 ODST:

The trailers have so much passion put into them, and are just fun to watch. It makes me sad that I wasn't around to witness the days when game developers made games because they loved doing it, rather than money...and when people actually made good games

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Some commercials back when Sony was still cool.

Reactions: Jet

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Halo 3 ODST:

The trailers have so much passion put into them, and are just fun to watch. It makes me sad that I wasn't around to witness the days when game developers made games because they loved doing it, rather than money...and when people actually made good games

the Halo 3 OSDT ad, damn, that's hard to beat.

I literally couldn't care less about the Halo franchise, but I played the Halo MCC, and while all the games were meh, with the exception of Halo 1, and Halo 3 OSTD, and the fucking union they made couldn't have been better at selling what the game wanted to convey.

If I'm going to co-create it would be with Destiny 2, which I also think is a bad game. But I like that everything in the ad is actually canon in the lore, from how the guardians are experts at dancing, to the fact that they actually danced in the middle of a war zone to get enemy intelligence.

BigBadBoi

Nobody's gonna talk about all the payday live action short films?

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Battlefield 1's trailers/commercials were the most memorable for me.

Battlefield always had good trailers with a nice theme tune.

This thread reminded me of something else. Games that get awesome trailers, but never come out. There was even a playable teaser for Silent Hills. Then there was Scalebound trailer.

So many shelved games. Or you get an awesome trailer, but the game sucks.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
What's the difference between trailer and commercial?
Not much.

@georgelee5786 I wasn’t into Halo as much back in the day so I guess it doesn’t really hit as hard, but I can seee how well the trailers are made.

@Corty Skyrim, man that’s a long time ago.

I liked this trailer more than the live action.

I know this is recent but man, that 2021 trailer

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
@Anon2023 The OG Skyrim trailer still gives me shivers. It is one of the best of the best with this: