The empty competition ●︿●

Amok

grblbrbl
my grandma once dipped her lichen-encrusted pool noodle into a jackal demon's cunt, then licked the residual sludge off in languorous manner. the reason i know this is because i saw it livestreamed, and i distinctly recall seeing both Ted Cruz and Oprah Winfrey on the stream, along with gramgram and the Anubisian of course. Anyway, they were naked, i'll swear to this in court, and both agents of mossad and australian intelligence were whipping them and oprah and ted were screaming and squealing in delight. i mean there was like agents smearing rum and raisin ice cream all over the flagelees as well, and the jackal demon was licking off the ice cream and blood and grammy hester also began to do so. I mean this must've been seven or eight years ago. the reason i think this story is so interesting is because the guy i've ramming in the bunghole at the time, who i believed to be vladimar putin, suddenly turned out to be a giant crustacean from the far future, a grotesque zoidberg with hundreds of writhing sperming tentacles and a slavering maw swarming with plump parasites. It was fucking scary man, so i pulled out, limp. It stood above me looking down with them puppy dog eyes and shit man I screamed "What do you want from me monster!" and the monster bent down and said "I need about threefiddy."

Esper

Only for this contest, my most illegal way of making a story interesting would be:

Over complex theory's, making every possible outcome lead to the villain being just that big more awesome then everyone else and then abruptly cutting to a completely different story about some yuri and then say the first part was just a dream, and then do this fifty more times till my readers just give up. They will always be guessing, right?

This is what all that means:
First, make everything too complex
Second, make a love plot for no reason other than yes
Third, always talk down to your readers (clearly they are less smart than you, can't you see with that complex plot and everything?)
Fourth, always throw your hands up, give up, and stop writing just because you don't have a idea that day

Last edited:

CabbagePreacher

Well i am making a competition wherever answer this question in the most illegal way, will win absolutely nothing 😐😐
The question is:-
What makes a story interesting?
Don't forget about the prize goodbye
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Inclusion of any cruciferous vegetables which are illegal to be sold due to having been under a healthy doze of radiation after a nuclear reactor melted down nearby.

I'd read any author who wrote about that.

An abnoxious amount of symbolism, symbolism that doesn't have anything to do with the story, so much symbolism that you could feel the author superiority complex emanating from that story.

doravg

133/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Engagement. What engagement is, no one can really tell you. It can be either the ability to swap places with the MC, or one of the cast. Or just being able to relate to them. Anyway, short chapters and paragraphs help as well. Most readers shy away from walls of text. They like to get that dopamine surge they get by completing a chapter with a good end quickly. I found that 1k chapters hit the spot just right. Besides, a scene can fit in a 1k chapter just fine.