The frustration!!

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
As others have mentioned, I recommend using a local program to write instead of directly online. What if you don't screw anything up, but some idiot runs into a power line and the power goes out? What if there is a storm? All kinds of things can go wrong, so do it local instead, and make a habit of saving every few sentences or paragraphs. Doing it locally also means you can back up your story and keep the whole work saved even if something happens to the sites you posted it to, or if someone manages to hack your account and delete things.

Several programs designed for writers also have lots of other useful features such as ways to track specific characters, locations, items, etc, which can be helpful if you ever need to find where things are and go back to edit them. Personally, I use a program called ywriter since it is free, and every minute or so just hit ctrl+s to save it, so at worst I lose a few minutes of typing rather than everything.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
I suppose you can ask for a feature that does automatic draft saving, similar to what RR does for premium users. But you should def. write it somewhere else then copy it like others have said.

D

Deleted member 45782

Oof I remember how that felt when I posted something on Mirakee, changed theme, didn't like and went back. It cut off some stuff. And wattpad was sorta weird from the short time i used to post chapters on there. Defnitely recommend, GoogleDoc (autosave online) and Word (can save offline).