THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
1.jpg

Ellen_Dunkel

How about posting the chapters exclusively on my Patreon with a minuscule amount of money as a monthly subscription instead of making people pay a lot of money just to unlock the chapters on Webnovel. This way, I won't have to sign any shady contracts or make the novels exclusive to only WebNovel but also I will be able to earn some money to lessen the workload, work fewer days and write more in the future.

But I am afraid that I might lose all the readers, followers and earn nothing
You could post new chapters on Patreon first and then upload them on scribblehub some time later. Some people on here use that monetisation strategy, you could ask them how well it works

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
and I make barely 100$ a month.
... Doesn't the webnovel contract pays 400$ a month?

Look, I never looked at the contract, and you should probably get a lawyer to look at it for you, but like... If this is gonna pay 4x your wage, you should absolutely sign it.

Yeah yeah, it's a shitty contract and whatever. People will argue it's slave labor and whatnot... Who cares? It's 4x your wage. You don't say no to those things unless it's about something that is damaging to your health (physical or mental) or is against your morals/ethics.

Get a lawyer to look at it to be on the safe side, then sign it. It's far too much money to leave on the table when your income is this small.

Patreon can work too, of course, but it's unreliable and you have no way of knowing it will really work out until you try it, while a contract (assuming there are no holes on it that Webnovel can exploit, hence why the lawyer is important) is guaranteed safe money.

Normally Webnovel contract is an instant automatic no, but your financial situation says the opposite. Quadrupling your income should always be an instant automatic yes if there are no health-related or ethical issues with the job.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Actually, it’s not a big deal to sign a webnovel contract if you have the right attitude,

the right attitude being you’ll write and publish whatever comes to mind, plot and work be damned.

Also, if you don’t care about the work all that much, having someone take over and write it on your behalf could be entertaining to see how they plot it out. Lol.

just don’t give them anything you actually value.