The making of a popular story (and the use of marketing and project management)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29081
  • Start date

tigerine

You are evading. I have basic knowledge of psychology and I know external validation factors are important, even necessary. Being an author is part of the self-actualisation category, but also of the esteem category. Productivity and motivation are linked to esteem and everyone yarns to appreciated for their work, otherwise you fell victim to self-delusion.
This armchair psychiatry is making A Lot of assumptions, the most glaring of which is assuming that Frostbird's needs for validation are not being met in any other way. If their needs for validation are being met in their life, writing can be purely a product of the self-actualization process. The fact that you're assuming they're NOT having needs met by anything other than hit counts on their work says more about you and your relationships and life experience than it does about them.

Also anyone would be wise to steer clear after you've made such a boneheaded statement, as you clearly don't know anything about Mahler's pyramid or what self-actualization means or requires. :ROFLMAO:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
This armchair psychiatry is making A Lot of assumptions, the most glaring of which is assuming that Frostbird's needs for validation are not being met in any other way. If their needs for validation are being met in their life, writing can be purely a product of the self-actualization process. The fact that you're assuming they're NOT having needs met by anything other than hit counts on their work says more about you and your relationships and life experience than it does about them.

Also anyone would be wise to steer clear after you've made such a boneheaded statement, as you clearly don't know anything about Mahler's pyramid or what self-actualization means or requires. :ROFLMAO:
I would have taken you seriously if you had spelled Maslow correctly.

tigerine

I would have taken you seriously if you had spelled Maslow correctly.
Mea culpa. When you reach this age and level of education, sometimes you get some names mixed up.

(Also you're a frequent bad faith potstirrer on these forums, so no, I don't think you would have.)

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Mea culpa. When you reach this age and level of education, sometimes you get some names mixed up.

(Also you're a frequent bad faith potstirrer on these forums, so no, I don't think you would have.)

For some reason, I doubt your age as well as your education.