Resolved The opt-out for alerts when users post new statuses has been bugged for a couple months now

ChiriVulpes

I figured that would be something caught fast so I never reported it, but yeah. I follow a lot of users so I get alerts for statuses like constantly now, even though I'm opted-out of them in alert preferences.

Is this a known bug? If so is there a timeline for it getting fixed?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I figured that would be something caught fast so I never reported it, but yeah. I follow a lot of users so I get alerts for statuses like constantly now, even though I'm opted-out of them in alert preferences.

I don't think it's a known bug, but it will probably get fixed soon (probably as soon as Tony sees this thread), since it should be easy for Tony to fix this kind of thing.

Can you send a screenshot of your alert preferences just in case? I doubt that's the problem, but maybe you just ticked the wrong boxes?

ChiriVulpes

I’ve tried it both ways to check if the setting was inverted, or if it just needed to be reset. Nothing worked so I assume it’s just not checking this anymore somehow

ED35A6E6-9943-4C23-8A35-08B8CEF18DC5.png

Nyaa

This has been annoying me for some time. In fact, the reason I came to the forum today to report it myself if someone hadn't already done so.

I am seriously about to unfollow several authors over these status notifications.
It's not fair to the authors, but I can't handle getting more status post spam than the notifications I actually want from the follows system.

Tony

Staff member

This has been annoying me for some time. In fact, the reason I came to the forum today to report it myself if someone hadn't already done so.

I am seriously about to unfollow several authors over these status notifications.
It's not fair to the authors, but I can't handle getting more status post spam than the notifications I actually want from the follows system.

I was able to confirm the bug and it's fixed. Thanks for reporting it!

Agentt

Thighs
I don't think it's a known bug, but it will probably get fixed soon (probably as soon as Tony sees this thread), since it should be easy for Tony to fix this kind of thing.

Can you send a screenshot of your alert preferences just in case? I doubt that's the problem, but maybe you just ticked the wrong boxes?
*inhales*
This has so strong yandere vibes.

Imagine Tony reading the request, thinking, "yeah, I can fix that" and then seeing your reply.