The Punished Character

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
I was wondering,

What was the worst thing you had done to your main character? I'm looking for inspiration.

PLAY THE GUTS THEME

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
I refuse.

As far as what I have done. Strip the character down to his core ideal that you want to explore and makes your character what they are, put him through various painful scenarios to see how that core self might change or mutate. Murder, torture, sex-trafficking... Make him into a serial killer, a crime boss, a shopkeeper, NEET, Athlete, schoolteacher... Find ways to break him down until that core you imagine changes in a way that is entertaining. It is a kind of thought exercise.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
I refuse.

As far as what I have done. Strip the character down to his core ideal that you want to explore and makes your character what they are, put him through various painful scenarios to see how that core self might change or mutate. Murder, torture, sex-trafficking... Make him into a serial killer, a crime boss, a shopkeeper, NEET, Athlete, schoolteacher... Find ways to break him down until that core you imagine changes in a way that is entertaining. It is a kind of thought exercise.
;-;

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
Very interesting!
Guts theme still better unfortunately

NitroxDarks

Many choose the mental path, thinking that'll be proper. But it's better to consider other 'paths'. If it was so easy to make your character go through shit with such a thing and do it perfectly, there'll be so many mentions of such. Some choose the physically tormented path and they seem to be more stable/solid than those who go for the mental one. But these are just two form of them, like that really passionate guy from above said; for an example, that your character is just unlucky, but the word 'unlucky' really is the word 'unlucky' and not a 'Oh man!' kind of moment. Where shit just goes down and your character can't do anything to solve it and there's no magical person to save the day or say that there is, but it ends up being useless and probably even worse... There's just many ways...

Reyezwriting

* Force him to leave a fun virtual reality game, so that he have to work for 8 months. Alone.
* Make him the weakest player once he come back.
* Blame him of a crime he never commited.
* Let other players kill him repeteadly at least 20 times.
* Create an elaborate, convoluted plan so that he breaks up with the love of his life.
* Make him the target of psycopath Max-level players.
- and that's only Volume 1

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I have to say they did it to themselves. They drove the plot. I was hoping they wouldn't, but they did.