The secret to weight loss is...

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
wait did u eat anything other than just water? Your stomach will have to constantly crumble from hungry and from then it will start to burn your muscle and fat to get energy tho
At most it was 3g of puffed corn chips, the kind for 8 months old toddlers without sugar, and two beauty supplement gummies.
For general people without medical issues, I think a good first step is to get used to tracking calories before you start eating with a deficit.

Get a calorie tracking app (Calorie Counter, My Fitness Pal, whatever) and log every single thing you eat. Meals. Snacks. Desserts. Don't guess, either.

Weigh. Everything.

That includes sauces and dressings. You'd be shocked how many calories are in a dipping sauce.

You will know how many calories you are actually consuming in a day, and if you've never done it before, you may be shocked by the results and how easy it is to eat 3,000 to 4,000 calories in a day.

Second step is to get used to drinking the recommended amount of water a day (Half your weight in ounces). My friend who had weight loss surgery shared that you need to be hydrated to lose weight.

After both those things are habit, then you can start worrying about lowering how many calories you eat in a day, as well as paying attention to high and low density calorie counts (Ex, 100 calories of chicken is way more food and filling than 100 calories of chocolate).

It's tedious, but I've lost 30 lbs the past year, so it's worked. XD

(This is a summary of advice I've gotten from friends who have lost weight and nutrition advice on YouTube I've found helpful.)
:blob_neutral: Calorie counting can make one crying. I was extremely unhappy when I did it. It was very hard when the food I ate wasn’t in their database or when I realized that food combinations I like didn’t work with my calorie goal.

Can we talk about how much calorie a day is ok? When I let those apps calculate which calorie intake was appropriate for me it said 1200 kcal a day. I felt mentally drained.

greyliliy

:blob_neutral: Calorie counting can make one crying. I was extremely unhappy when I did it. It was very hard when the food I ate wasn’t in their database or when I realized that food combinations I like didn’t work with my calorie goal.

Can we talk about how much calorie a day is ok? When I let those apps calculate which calorie intake was appropriate for me it said 1200 kcal a day. I felt mentally drained.
I like Calorie Counter by FatSecret. It let's you add food entries if it isn't in there.

Yeah. My recommended calorie intake for weight loss is like 1300 (I am short) & it is hard. It wouldn't be so bad if I were more active, but alas I am on the low activity side. Xd;

But I will say it gets much easier the longer you do it, and you can still get slower results with a range. I typically eat between 1300 and 2000, with exceptions for special occasions.

What's helped the most though has just been drinking more water. XD Being hydrated feels good.

chippubo12

At most it was 3g of puffed corn chips, the kind for 8 months old toddlers without sugar, and two beauty supplement gummies.

I think it's not about how many calories a day matter, but how many calories you burn a day is what actually matters tbh. You can consume just 500 calories a day and still gain weight if the calories you burn are lower than the calories you gain. But yeah, it's necessary to have a healthy diet, but don't be too harsh about it, some people get mentally drained because of diet and they start to eat more as a way to comfort themselves lol. I usually just do 100 push-ups a day and run or walk up a hill and eat what makes me feel good. It's different between eating what makes you happy and eating what makes you feel good, people usually call it a cheat day I think, but yeah, don't be too harsh on yourself bro, it could take time though.
9088-pepebuffclown.png

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Movement is good, but too much workouts will lead to weight gain. I used to work out for 2–3 hours per day, or cycle on a fitness bike for 26km. That led to me getting fatter and fatter. Also, my hips and legs hurt all the time.

Movement is good, but too much workouts will lead to weight gain. I used to work out for 2–3 hours per day, or cycle on a fitness bike for 26km. That led to me getting fatter and fatter. Also, my hips and legs hurt all the time.
dont think thats how it works bub. might just be water. you burn more than you eat you lose weight. excercise burns

ACertainPassingUser

I dont like the concept of weight loss/losing weight, i prefer converting weight from fat to muscle instead.

J_Chemist

I dont like the concept of weight loss/losing weight, i prefer converting weight from fat to muscle instead.
That doesn't happen.

People think it does but no. It's not a thing.
Yea, that's not how it works. You were fucked up somewhere. It wasn't your exercise that made you fat.
First you need to find out what your "sitting burn" is. Or, in other words, how many calories you burn by sitting there and doing nothing. Your natural burn of calories to just exist. Mine is 1730.

Now add in any exercise. That is how many calories you're burning over the course of a day. To lose weight, you want to match and/or undercut that caloric burn, but not too much. The goal is a 250 caloric undercut because it'll allow us to naturally shed the weight and not absolutely bomb our metabolism. If you want to gain weight, then you add that 250 calories instead for a steady gain that isn't fatty but more lean.

Eating well contributes in the sense that good food will provide proper fuel to your body for what it needs. If we're losing weight, we want carbs because your body will break it down easy. If we're gaining, we want protein and a supplement of fat.

That's the surface level knowledge. Anything more is nitpicky and specific to you.

Edit: just to add, Tiaf, you feel that mental drain when you don't hit your "natural burn". Your body's chemicals get all fucky and you get super tired because your body is trying to preserve itself. That's why we only want the 250cal undercut.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
That doesn't happen.

People think it does but no. It's not a thing.

Yea, that's not how it works. You were fucked up somewhere. It wasn't your exercise that made you fat.

First you need to find out what your "sitting burn" is. Or, in other words, how many calories you burn by sitting there and doing nothing. Your natural burn of calories to just exist. Mine is 1730.

Now add in any exercise. That is how many calories you're burning over the course of a day. To lose weight, you want to match and/or undercut that caloric burn, but not too much. The goal is a 250 caloric undercut because it'll allow us to naturally shed the weight and not absolutely bomb our metabolism. If you want to gain weight, then you add that 250 calories instead for a steady gain that isn't fatty but more lean.

Eating well contributes in the sense that good food will provide proper fuel to your body for what it needs. If we're losing weight, we want carbs because your body will break it down easy. If we're gaining, we want protein and a supplement of fat.

That's the surface level knowledge. Anything more is nitpicky and specific to you.

Edit: just to add, Tiaf, you feel that mental drain when you don't hit your "natural burn". Your body's chemicals get all fucky and you get super tired because your body is trying to preserve itself. That's why we only want the 250cal undercut.
Those calorie counting apps were lying to me.

SternenklarenRitter

If your sodium is normal, your cholesterol is normal, your heartrate is slow, your bloodpressure is low, etc. If you are healthy you should not loose weight no matter what your bmi tells you.