The Street Writer topics have been published.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
Yes, but in the first message you can see Lloyd saying WE. I dont' know if his partner\competitor agreed, but he didn't ask it for himself only. And competition isn't that fair because, other prompts might be more interesting\versatile. As I said, I wouldn't insult anyone, but I would've walked away if I was in such a situation.
1651093785623.jpeg

Only Lloyd and Reina had that prompt. They would be judged independently of anybody else's prompt with the winner advancing.

This contest is fair, Lloyd had the option to withdraw (this was presented to him after the second complaint), As far as Lloyd's language; "we" is collective. It does not mean that Reina also wanted that, it could simply mean that Lloyd is referring to his own group within the bracket:

"We have a bad prompt" > "My group's prompt is bad"

Reina has yet to say anything in the server on this subject.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Yes, but in the first message you can see Lloyd saying WE. I dont' know if his partner\competitor agreed, but he didn't ask it for himself only. And competition isn't that fair because, other prompts might be more interesting\versatile. As I said, I wouldn't insult anyone, but I would've walked away if I was in such a situation.
Well, you have to look at how the competition is structured. It's 1v1 each round. So if Lloyd wins against his partner then he moves onto the next round which will also give a new prompt.

I agree it's a horrible prompt, but it's also a headache to organize everything and then have other people change it up when it's already been assigned. A writing competition like this (and i don't know if it was intentional) is about versatility and being able to pick up random subjects and write something people would like to read.

Horrible prompts are good for a competition like this in my humble opinion. If it was just one prompt and every writer wrote it, then it would be a different kind of competition.

Anyway. I don't know how everything went down and I'm not sure I agree with the ban either because I don't know if logs are real. Everyone should just move on, no one really lost anything here.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
Also just a thought from a some one outside this mess but I think it might be best to stop this drama before the ban hammer starts smashing. :blob_thor:

It's a small thing at the end of the day, no sense getting banned over it. One of Scribblehub's best things is the lack of drama so I think its best to just leave it.
This is Drama? You should have played in MW2/ WAW Lobbies.

And the only reason for him coming here was to make us look bad. I answered in kind.

The issue with him wanting another prompt is that it would open the flood gates for everyone else to request one as well; the prompts are shared by one other person as well. What if one author wants a new one but the other doesn't? What if they get the new one but the other author now has an issue?

Too much to deal with for a simple friendly contest, hence he was told no. He responded by throwing a tantrum and ended up banned. Now he has come to the forum to throw shade, the only purpose I can see behind doing so is the desire to start drama.
I honestly won't check because I don't have Discord and won't Install it.
I obviously am unrelated to all of this, but this kind of looks pretty dumb, what is the opinion of Lloyds competitor?

Psycholor

Writing Trash
I obviously am unrelated to all of this, but this kind of looks pretty dumb, what is the opinion of Lloyds competitor?
They have been completely silent since yesterday. Prompts were released today. Reina is free to withdraw if they have an issue with the ruling or prompt, the same as Lloyd was. If Reina explodes or throws a tantrum, they will be forced to withdraw the same way Lloyd was.

To be honest i have to agree with @Lloyd, his prompt is the worst one. The other one I find pretty awful is:

I'm a smut writer only on SH who has awful scenarios and the Chuck Norris one even makes me cringe, but not all of them are bad. The problem by mentioning Chuck Norris is that the writer will then have to contend with all the subjective views each person has on Chuck Norris and it could affect their bias when reading it.

There are some good ones there I think would be intriguing and fun to write.
I don't think the contest was to be taken seriously though and was more for fun, so a bad prompt is fine in this. There is no prize is there?

Oh yeah, I still agree with the ban (I was just weighing in on his prompt as an unneeded opinion). Getting a bad prompt is no reason to get angry and start posting shit online.
honestly the chuck norris prompt is even more cringe the elon musk one

I only wanted to face Reina. A shitty prompt defeats the purpose of it.
why didnt you just tell reina to say something as well instead of going full retard or just pick a new one together

Psycholor

Writing Trash
why didnt you just tell reina to say something as well instead of going full retard or just pick a new one together
As stated multiple times previously, once assigned, there is no vetoing. Getting a bad prompt is simply something that might happen. Not everybody will like everything, and if one pair is allowed to reject their's, then what prevents everybody from doing so?

If they had picked one unilaterally on their own, they might have been allowed to use it, though probably not; for the same reasons as above, what would stop everyone else from doing that?

This was meant to be a fun, semi-serious competition. Our server rules state this clearly.

1651095733509.png

Lloyd

Professional Writer
honestly the chuck norris prompt is even more cringe the elon musk one

I was only pretending to be retarded.
As stated multiple times previously, once assigned, there is no vetoing. Getting a bad prompt is simply something that might happen. Not everybody will like everything, and if one pair is allowed to reject their's, then what prevents everybody from doing so?

If they had picked one unilaterally on their own, they might have been allowed to use it, though probably not; for the same reasons as above, what would stop everyone else from doing that?

This was meant to be a fun, semi-serious competition. Our server rules state this clearly.

View attachment 13693
That prompt is breaking the first rule. You broke your own rules.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
I was only pretending to be retarded.

That prompt is breaking the first rule. You broke your own rules.
In your opinion. In my opinion, going off and having a mental breakdown in general chat, then harassing a moderator via DM, is Trolling.

As one of the organizers, my opinion on this subject is rated higher than yours.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
They have been completely silent since yesterday. Prompts were released today. Reina is free to withdraw if they have an issue with the ruling or prompt, the same as Lloyd was. If Reina explodes or throws a tantrum, they will be forced to withdraw the same way Lloyd was.
Tbf his suggestion is one of the worst. Didn't you also edit one of the other suggetions? So why couldn't you also edit his ( if the other was ok with it)?

Psycholor

Writing Trash
Tbf his suggestion is one of the worst. Didn't you also edit one of the other suggetions? So why couldn't you also edit his ( if the other was ok with it)?
The only edits made, were when one contestant wanted to switch with one of the back-ups. I changed the @[User] from the old contestant to the new one.

The second edit was changing Lloyd's @[User] to another backup when he was removed.

Blegh, I really do need to sleep now though.

View attachment 13693
fun non serious competition should be more lenient. if the prompt is not fun for either participants just change it. and lloyd is a bit special you gotta be more patient

Psycholor

Writing Trash
fun non serious competition should be more lenient. if the prompt is not fun for either participants just change it. and lloyd is a bit special you gotta be more patient
Fun Semi-serious*

The entire point of the competition was to do random writing prompts. This is evident from the very first forum post. Letting them be changed, defeats the whole purpose of that.

Fun Semi-serious*

The entire point of the competition was to do random writing prompts. This is evident from the very first forum post. Letting them be changed, defeats the whole purpose of that.
eeh could have just given him another randomized prompt. could have mitigated a lot of unnecessary headaches

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
The prompts are awful. This is so fucking retarded
As the person who took your place and saw the prompt, I have to say you blew it big time. How could you not love it? I've already begun writing. My advice is to not take things too seriously, especially when stated that the competition is meant for fun.
To be honest i have to agree with @Lloyd, his prompt is the worst one. The other one I find pretty awful is:

I'm a smut writer only on SH who has awful scenarios and the Chuck Norris one even makes me cringe, but not all of them are bad. The problem by mentioning Chuck Norris is that the writer will then have to contend with all the subjective views each person has on Chuck Norris and it could affect their bias when reading it.

There are some good ones there I think would be intriguing and fun to write.
I don't think the contest was to be taken seriously though and was more for fun, so a bad prompt is fine in this. There is no prize is there?

Oh yeah, I still agree with the ban (I was just weighing in on his prompt as an unneeded opinion). Getting a bad prompt is no reason to get angry and start posting shit online.
Well, I mean, whether you agree with him or not about the quality of the prompts, he shouldn't have blown up like that. And honestly, as a writer, the best way to challenge yourself is to somehow make a story idea work, no matter how nonsensical it is. Yeah, it could be better, and I would rather the time travel prompt, but that would disrespect the challenge.

Last edited: