The System Intializes Choose Your Weapon.

What role would you play in a system apocalypse

• Hero

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Antihero

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Villian

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Ethereal

Ok so I've been reading The Legend of Rhandidly Ghosthound, and it got me wondering what kinda build people would choose in a system apocalypse.

Here are you options.

One Weapon or no weapon: keep in mind guns would only last so long with no more ammo being made and would slow your build's growth.

Two Basic Affinities.

Fire, Earth, Water, Ice, Air, Lightning, Plants, Healing, Gravity(added this one for fun)

Three Images(Basically your mind shaping ambient aether into something to help you in battle. Uses only external aether and not internal resources or mp. The more rooted in reality the stronger it is, basing it off memories or mythology helps root it in reality)

Minions (Tend to be based of your three images and your affinities)

Now for fun choose either(optional)

Monarch

Patriarch

Matriarch

and a boime/region type you would rule

examples

woods

jungle

plains

tundra

desert

Sea

etc.

an example of a class and final build based off of these choice would be.

feel free to name your region/boime like below

Rhandidly Ghosthound

Monarch of the Balefulwood

Spear

Fire Plants

Emerald Ignition Essence, Ygdrassil, Grim Chimera

Minions: Riders of the Balefulwood

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Regarding the poll... Neither, I'd be Villager A instead, trying to survive somehow in the post-apocalyptic world. Let the suicidal maniacs go try saving the world, I'm more worried about finding enough food to feed myself for the day.
One Weapon or no weapon: keep in mind guns would only last so long with no more ammo being made and would slow your build's growth.
A metal Bat. Good for breaking stuff... Like windows, door handles and what not. Gotta find food and what not.
Fire, Earth, Water, Ice, Air, Lightning, Plants, Healing, Gravity(added this one for fun)
Plants and Water. Free food + Free Water is as good as it can get.
Three Images(Basically your mind shaping ambient aether into something to help you in battle. Uses only external aether and not internal resources or mp. The more rooted in reality the stronger it is, basing it off memories or mythology helps root it in reality)
House, River... Uhn... I need a 3rd one? Let's go with chicken. It would be good to get to eat chickens from time to time too after all~
Chickens! I need free food!

So... There you have it, a good villager A class focused on survival~

GridRoom

I haven’t read the novel you mentioned but the question is intriguing.
In regards to the poll I would say none of the three as I don’t really see myself as any of those archetypes.

Moving on to what I would select:

Weapon: No weapon or a blunt weapon since I have no knowledge on how to use actual weapons.

Basic Affinities: Gravity and Healing. I chose gravity for its shear versatility while I would go with healing for, you know, healing.

Images: This one is a bit of a hard choice to make and not having much knowledge on the limitations made it harder, but I came up with the following: Aegis (for defensive purposes and the Medusa head on it), Hliðskjálf (the throne of Odin which let him see the whole universe, in this case maybe it improves my perception or something), and the Akashic Records (maybe it gives me knowledge on opponents or something).

Minions: Couldn’t come up with anything concrete for this but maybe Hliðskjálf could help in this case.

Title: Monarch of the Forest

Macronomicon

Weapon: Crowbar.

It's a long time honored tradition since the invention of Crowbar martial arts by the great Gordon Freeman. they're not only handy as bludgeoning weapons, they also make good prying tools and can be sharpened or reshaped relatively easily. Good solid hunk of steel.

Basic affinities: Plants, water.

I chose these because while they may not be particularly aggressive, they are flexible powers that synergize well with each other and could allow one person to feed themselves and others in the middle of a system apocalypse. (not to mention herbal medicine and drugs) No need to make that death-defying raid on the enemy to try and steal your food/drugs/whatever back. just make more. It also makes the user a very valuable asset that is unlikely to be killed out of hand, since you can never assume that you'll win every battle. Was sorely tempted to pick earth, but water outdid it by just a little bit.

what could bring the image of glorious victory to mind more vividly than a coked-up Charlie Sheen? But seriously, My image would probably be stone worn away by water and roots.

Minions:

Blood-sucking plant monsters, or poisonous ones. or ones that grow giant peas.

Title: That Guy in the Desert with All the Food, water and Drugs.

Oh yeah, and I picked Villain.

DemeanCosmos

Antihero so can nit strand from his fun but not stuck to evil views
Weapon
: a three bladed twisting spear tip, followed with a one foot lond hexagon cylinder made of tungsten forged on a thiner shaft made of light but strong metal alloy covered in a rubber like insulation cober earth fibers witha a second but small cylinder with diamond shaped end
Affinity:
plants
for food and helps with tunnel making as supports
Gravity for help in tunnels and moving his weapons

Images non yet

Minions are plants with slime cores put in the plants to protect slime cores and slime for defence and plant protect and attacks

Plant minion's are hard as heavy battle armor tank armor with slimes has anti magic goo

Monarchs of the dark abyss jungle, a pick a pitch dark do to super think number of thing tree covers , with zero gravity in a super sized jungle

HokuouTenrou

Weapon: Bearded axe
Affinities: Ice, water
Minions: Jomsvikings and Shield-Maidens
Title: Jarl of the Rime-Fields

...wait a sec

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Weapon: Bearded axe

Is that you? xD

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
It won't be much or an empire. Maybe a straggly group of people just getting by, I don't know.

Axe. Good for wood chopping and body dissection.

Fire, my guy. Plants and healing may be better but most wounds can be treated with a heat source and plus, it can cook food too.

Unless I get tetanus, I'm taking my chances.

I don't know what the fuck this is but alright:
- a wolf
- another wolf
- a woman wolf to give birth to more image wolves (?) (If not then just another wolf but female)

Wolves. You wouldn't believe the hunting capabilities of these mad lads. Though I'll train them to only hunt in one area and strike the other next, so that prey wouldn't be scared off and ruin our food source. Of course, we'll be travelling a lot throughout the biome in other to negate that issue.

Now for fun choose either(optional)

Monarch

Patriarch

Matriarch
Neither. I'm like a hub station. Since my "kingdom" is solely run by canines I'm just a guy in the middle of the forest with a campfire that can cook your shit. I live off this mutual agreement with the wolves. Feed me and protect me and I'll treat your wounds and cook your chickens and hares.

and a boime/region type you would rule

examples

woods

jungle

plains

tundra

desert

Sea
Tundra, my man. I don't want shitty insects infesting my meals. Makes me even more of a valueble asset since I can spontaneously make campfires.

an example of a class and final build based off of these choice would be.
I guess I'm a Ranger with qualities of a faulty Druid.

feel free to name your region/boime like below
Chick Fil' A in Norway

Last edited:

Ethereal

Regarding the poll... Neither, I'd be Villager A instead, trying to survive somehow in the post-apocalyptic world. Let the suicidal maniacs go try saving the world, I'm more worried about finding enough food to feed myself for the day.

A metal Bat. Good for breaking stuff... Like windows, door handles and what not. Gotta find food and what not.

Plants and Water. Free food + Free Water is as good as it can get.

House, River... Uhn... I need a 3rd one? Let's go with chicken. It would be good to get to eat chickens from time to time too after all~

Chickens! I need free food!

So... There you have it, a good villager A class focused on survival~
lol

I haven’t read the novel you mentioned but the question is intriguing.
In regards to the poll I would say none of the three as I don’t really see myself as any of those archetypes.

Moving on to what I would select:

Weapon: No weapon or a blunt weapon since I have no knowledge on how to use actual weapons.

Basic Affinities: Gravity and Healing. I chose gravity for its shear versatility while I would go with healing for, you know, healing.

Images: This one is a bit of a hard choice to make and not having much knowledge on the limitations made it harder, but I came up with the following: Aegis (for defensive purposes and the Medusa head on it), Hliðskjálf (the throne of Odin which let him see the whole universe, in this case maybe it improves my perception or something), and the Akashic Records (maybe it gives me knowledge on opponents or something).

Minions: Couldn’t come up with anything concrete for this but maybe Hliðskjálf could help in this case.

Title: Monarch of the Forest
NICE

Weapon: Crowbar.

It's a long time honored tradition since the invention of Crowbar martial arts by the great Gordon Freeman. they're not only handy as bludgeoning weapons, they also make good prying tools and can be sharpened or reshaped relatively easily. Good solid hunk of steel.

Basic affinities: Plants, water.

I chose these because while they may not be particularly aggressive, they are flexible powers that synergize well with each other and could allow one person to feed themselves and others in the middle of a system apocalypse. (not to mention herbal medicine and drugs) No need to make that death-defying raid on the enemy to try and steal your food/drugs/whatever back. just make more. It also makes the user a very valuable asset that is unlikely to be killed out of hand, since you can never assume that you'll win every battle. Was sorely tempted to pick earth, but water outdid it by just a little bit.

what could bring the image of glorious victory to mind more vividly than a coked-up Charlie Sheen? But seriously, My image would probably be stone worn away by water and roots.

Minions:

Blood-sucking plant monsters, or poisonous ones. or ones that grow giant peas.

Title: That Guy in the Desert with All the Food, water and Drugs.

Oh yeah, and I picked Villain.
Cool

Antihero so can nit strand from his fun but not stuck to evil views
Weapon
: a three bladed twisting spear tip, followed with a one foot lond hexagon cylinder made of tungsten forged on a thiner shaft made of light but strong metal alloy covered in a rubber like insulation cober earth fibers witha a second but small cylinder with diamond shaped end
Affinity:
plants
for food and helps with tunnel making as supports
Gravity for help in tunnels and moving his weapons

Images non yet

Minions are plants with slime cores put in the plants to protect slime cores and slime for defence and plant protect and attacks

Plant minion's are hard as heavy battle armor tank armor with slimes has anti magic goo

Monarchs of the dark abyss jungle, a pick a pitch dark do to super think number of thing tree covers , with zero gravity in a super sized jungle
Very very interesting Nice

It won't be much or an empire. Maybe a straggly group of people just getting by, I don't know.

Axe. Good for wood chopping and body dissection.

Fire, my guy. Plants and healing may be better but most wounds can be treated with a heat source and plus, it can cook food too.

Unless I get tetanus, I'm taking my chances.

I don't know what the fuck this is but alright:
- a wolf
- another wolf
- a woman wolf to give birth to more image wolves (?) (If not then just another wolf but female)

Wolves. You wouldn't believe the hunting capabilities of these mad lads. Though I'll train them to only hunt in one area and strike the other next, so that prey wouldn't be scared off and ruin our food source. Of course, we'll be travelling a lot throughout the biome in other to negate that issue.

Neither. I'm like a hub station. Since my "kingdom" is solely run by canines I'm just a guy in the middle of the forest with a campfire that can cook your shit. I live off this mutual agreement with the wolves. Feed me and protect me and I'll treat your wounds and cook your chickens and hares.

Tundra, my man. I don't want shitty insects infesting my meals. Makes me even more of a valueble asset since I can spontaneously make campfires.

I guess I'm a Ranger with qualities of a faulty Druid.

Chick Fil' A in Norway
Lol Nice dude, don't forget you get to pick 2 affinities.

Ethereal

Here is mine I thought about it a lot.

Name: Theonardo Von'Black

Title: Patriarch of the Adamantine Mountains

Weapon: Axe

Affinities: Fire & Plants

Images: Mother Nature - The Myth of mother nature combined with the image of my own mother. Grants strength, vitality and growth buffs with the Evolution buff allowing user to adapt to factors that endanger user's survival.

Azure Sun of Burning Mana - All the mana of earth gathered by God when he outlawed sorcery in the commandments, gathered and set on fire by God. Thus creating a star of burning mana.

The Adamantium Mountain Planet - Lone Mountain made of adamantium ore bigger than a star with it's own gravity, ecosystems, life, water and air. It is slowly being refined by the the Azure Sun of Burning Mana orbiting it.

Minions: Knights of the Adamatine Mountains - All images combined. Human sized treants burning with mana flames under the effects of evolution keeping them constantly adapting to the powerful flames without significant harm. They are covered in adamantium armor and admantium armored treant horses under similiar effects. The Knights are able to wield mana flames covering their own bodies in ranged and melee attacks. They use simple Adamantium swords and shields.

Note: Image effects present only when image summoned or synergized with skills, compatibility with skills required for syncronization.