Writing Prompt The worst possible way for someone to kick off their Isekei adventure.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
There have been plenty of different ways for isekei stories to start. Some of them are the classic god's summon or reincarnation variety, some are the "my video game just got too real" type, while others are a bit more unorthodox. So, I want to hear the most ridiculous or horrible way this could possibly go. Preferably, write your own option.

Last edited:

lazyredragon

My favorite is from Kyo Kara Maoh, where the protagonist gets sucked into a toilet.
oooooh i remember that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh it was awwesome the nostalgia...

There have been plenty of different ways for isekei stories to start. Some of them are the classic god's summon or reincarnation variety, some are the "my video game just got too real" type, while others are a bit more unorthodox. So, I want to hear the most ridiculous or horrible way this could possibly go.

Meeeeehhh the worst way i can think of Isekai would be (Bear with me now) A locked character, legit no one knows you-you don't know you what dost though even look like bro ???? just a silhouette till the day your summoner gets strong enough and if you're given a dumb handler welp just enjoy the hibernation

I think i just prompted myself

whoa

pluto_novels

worst way for a isekai story to start is when the MC gets NTR'd hard and then transport into a isekai as a slave. lmao~

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I don't think this has been done, but I imagine a really hilarious idea would be the main character walking down an alley, before a guy walks up to him and says, "Hey, kid. Wanna buy an Isekei? All the cool kids are doing them these days." before the main character ends up looking through his variety of bootlegged Isekei options, and is intimidated into buying one.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
the worst way would be getting isekaied and landed in the middle of a war which he was attacked by a nearby soldier and accidentally killing both men on different teams. he then gets mistaken as a 3rd party in which he had to fight two teams while trying to escape. worse part is when he dies, he would always land on the same time he had killed two soldiers.

'I got isekaid and landed in a battlefield. Please don't make it any harder!'

Gledis

Hm....
So....
Well....
Actually....
There is the classic way of being hit by a truck. That’s painful.
Therefore let’s make it a bit more super heavy traumatic painful.
You can hit the main character with a giant plane on it’s head by using his misfortune.
You can even kill him/her by using a machine gun or explosion.
The main character must die in a very painful way for him or her to be pitied by God or Goddess.

My favorite is when the MC dies in some sort of black ritual at the age of 7 or 8 seven years old. Just like Ciel Phantomhive in the Black Butler series.
Imagine a bunch of perverse people raping the MC. Afterwards the MC f*cks them all.

Gledis

the worst way would be getting isekaied and landed in the middle of a war which he was attacked by a nearby soldier and accidentally killing both men on different teams. he then gets mistaken as a 3rd party in which he had to fight two teams while trying to escape. worse part is when he dies, he would always land on the same time he had killed two soldiers.

'I got isekaid and landed in a battlefield. Please don't make it any harder!'
Are you implying to make it like Re:zero or the film “Edge of tomorrow”.
That’s cool dude.

Scribbler

Wow, I actually already wrote an isekai. Actually two. Maybe more if I'm forgetting any. The first one has to do with an angel kid living on a cloud city being talked into jumping off of the said cloud city by a talking balloon in order for it to find its master. It's kind of a reverse isekai since the angel girl falls to earth.

The second one had to do with a writer that had major writer's block (something I don't believe in). It becomes so bad that he can't sleep. And one day, he finally starts to write stuff, and to him, it's the most amazing stuff he's ever seen. But it all turns out that it was a dream. He didn't actually write anything. Because of this, the writer becomes irritable and disbelieving of what is really happening and what isn't. One day a portal appears beside his bed. He looks into that portal to see a battlefield and a group of downtrodden soldiers. After gazing into the contents of the portal he does what any person in his situation would do, he completely ignores it, assuming that this must be a dream. And think about, after everything he's been through, of course he would think that. So what happens next? A roar like a lion mixed with a dragon reverberates from the portal. The writer tosses and turns, and covers his ears by bending his pillow over his head. But the roar grows ever louder. The writer is pretty pissed at this point, and not to mention sleep deprived, so he isn't exactly in his right mind. Assuming everything is a dream, he unfurls the blanket covering him in a dramatic flourish and leaps into the portal, keen to give whatever was making that racket a good beating.

I have a longer version of the first and second stories, but I wrote them so long ago that they're pretty crap. But the ideas were good even if the execution wasn't. I don't really like isekai. It should be a fun idea, but it's more so just a plot device rather than an actual idea for a story.

Oh, I do have another one. It's a reverse isekai where a master mage from a fantasy world gets transported to our world through a battle against another master mage. The other mage basically chucked a black hole at him that simply kept on growing and growing. The isekaid mage knew that he had to stop it or else his whole world could have been destroyed. So he jumped into it and deactivated it. The only hitch in his plan was that the black hole transported him to our earth.

Man, I should really go back to some of my earlier stores. Some great ideas there.

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
How about a regular person, who just happens to be an isekai fanatic, is walking home from school/work one day and notices a truck careening uncontrollably towards them. There's ample time to jump out of the way but before making that leap they have the sudden thought "Truck-sama!?" and stay in the path of the truck. They get hit, die, and that's the end of my short story.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
How about a regular person, who just happens to be an isekai fanatic, is walking home from school/work one day and notices a truck careening uncontrollably towards them. There's ample time to jump out of the way but before making that leap they have the sudden thought "Truck-sama!?" and stay in the path of the truck. They get hit, die, and that's the end of my short story.
Ayy. That's the best Isekei I've ever heard.
I don't really like isekai. It should be a fun idea, but it's more so just a plot device rather than an actual idea for a story.
I like Isekei when it's done well, but I agree with the point that it's become more of a plot device. However, I believe it can truly be considered a genre when the actual "going into another world" is something that is used multiple times by multiple people, like in That Time I Reincarnated As A Slime.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Just trying to eat a sandwich, bite into some bacon and bam! You’re transmigrated into the body of a pig in the war of hammington

Yorth

Swordman
The worst introduction that I read for sure was on webnovel. I don't remember the name of the story really, but it started something like this.

"Wtff!"

I looked around me and saw that I was surrounded by trees.

"Oh, I have just reincarnated into an anime world."

I stopped reading after that.

Ehao_Truth

The MC succeeded in his life, got married to a beautiful wife, formed a loving family, made enough money to spend the rest of his time on Earth in luxury. Then whoops, thrown into another world with no way of ever coming back.

BB_Tensei

Worst isekai? So you enter your bathroom and look at yourself in a mirror. You hate what you see, because of <reasons> and punch the mirror, breaking it. Turns out you were in the mirror world all along that day. It's an isekai, and you can't get back. The world hates you and wants to remove you.

Rubylicious

The worst introduction that I read for sure was on webnovel. I don't remember the name of the story really, but it started something like this.

"Wtff!"

I looked around me and saw that I was surrounded by trees.

"Oh, I have just reincarnated into an anime world."

I stopped reading after that.
LOOL that sounds like a crappy book already

ars

trash bin
The MC succeeded in his life, got married to a beautiful wife, formed a loving family, made enough money to spend the rest of his time on Earth in luxury. Then whoops, thrown into another world with no way of ever coming back.
:blob_no: aaah wow poor him. That's a really interesting idea though. If this ended up being a tragic story about the MC doing his best to return home to his wife( and kids?), I would be interested in reading it.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I think the worst way to go through the reincarnation style of Isekei would be to just end up as an inanimate object no one would ever look at or touch, like a pebble or stick. They then proceed to sit as said object for about ten years and suffer from extreme loneliness.