There are so many red flags it's funny

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I guess I have a question on this topic as well. I’ve had my fair share of offers. So my question is: Did they reach out through Scribble Hub or did they reach out via your personal email? I’m just curious since I just received something in my personal email but I’m not too sure about it. It doesn’t seem to have any grammatical errors. I’ve been burnt by a “publishing“ company when I was young and dumb, and I’m not about to do the same thing. I might just email webnovel’s support page to confirm the validity.
I got a dm here on ScribbleHub once, but the account was deleted later.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I got a dm here on ScribbleHub once, but the account was deleted later.
Strange then, can people on ScribbleHub see your personal email then? If so, I might need to find a way to change my email to another non-discriminating, not-my-surname one. (>.>)
I’ll screen cap the email to see if it is similar to the others everyone else has received.

—deleted screencapture of pic—

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Now, I feel jelly that I haven't been approached yet.
Bruh, don't be. That was a bot sending that to every author. My genres were not even what they have been looking for :blob_neutral:

Most scams or approaches from webnovel are just as long as you have some views.

Akemin

Strange then, can people on ScribbleHub see your personal email then? If so, I might need to find a way to change my email to another non-discriminating, not-my-surname one. (>.>)
I’ll screen cap the email to see if it is similar to the others everyone else has received.

You might want to crop the photo so that it doesn't show the other party's contact details. :blob_hmm:

From the photo and contact details, it does seem to be a legitimate email from them. I just googled and it seems like Webnovel has a Singapore branch so the phone number should be legit.

Redchaos1

Its webnovel alright. I got the same message a while ago. I was pretty pumped about it, until i saw their contract.

HJ

I got a message in WP from various 'editors' who claim to be from rnovel. The thing is, their accounts were made within the day with no visible activity in their profile, no posts, no works, no followers, no accounts being followed. I searched rnovel in the play store because they claim they exist there but I saw no rnovel from google. :blob_hmm_two: