Think back to your childhood.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
There was one time during my elementary school years that I sent a letter to the most popular girl in my class with a very questionable word choice. This led to people thinking I was gay for her or something, when I just thought it was funny. Eventually, teachers had to get involved and speak to my mom lol

Lodur

Eight virgin
+1. I don't even know what “recess privileges” are. Is it about break times between lessons? But HOW can you revoke a break time for one person? We also didn't really remain in the same classroom after elementary school. If everybody needs to walk to another classroom during recess, how can you prevent anybody from doing it?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
WTH I also got ISS in Texas, but it was in middle school. Though mine was for truancy.
I moved back to California in middle school. In elementary school in Texas, I brought a pocket knife because I wanted to use the sharp little scissors instead of the dull communal safety scissors that drove me nuts. I don't think that class even used scissors on a project for the rest of that year.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
+1. I don't even know what “recess privileges” are. Is it about break times between lessons? But HOW can you revoke a break time for one person? We also didn't really remain in the same classroom after elementary school. If everybody needs to walk to another classroom during recess, how can you prevent anybody from doing it?
The school I went to was stupid. When everyone went outside to play, I had to stand by the pole and 'think about what I did' while watching them play. What I did? Someone was trying to get my attention in the middle of class and I stupidly looked their way and tried to mouth words to him. I got in trouble and he did not. As a kid, I thought he was my friend, so it happened more than once.
Play time outside.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
(Elementary 5)
I punched a boy(classmate), straight on his nose. When they called me in the office, I told them he was annoying and deserved it and one extra. I got extra homework & classwork as punishment from the teacher who snitched on me to the principal.:blob_catflip:
Then I realised how corrupt the system was and it wasn't worth it to punch annoying people.:blob_pat_sad:

Major2501

I got banned from playing all sports involving some kind of stick because of 2 incidents; one of the girls in my P.E. class smacked me in the face with a hockey stick and I chased her about the pitch; then when we were playing softball when I was batting, the girl who was the catcher behind me kept winding me up, so I threw the fucking bat at her. :/

M_Griffith

I wound up in ISS a few times in elementary school in Texas. One detention in middle school, and I had a clean record in high school until the very last day, and then I didn't get to walk at my high school graduation. I made it up to my parents in university :s_wink:
Also, I got a warning from a park ranger when I was 26 or 27 for doing pretty much the same thing I did in high school.
Wasn't in Texas in elementary school, but I did get ISS in middle school for being stupid and "stabbing" someone with a pencil when I thought they were talking crap about me behind my back lol (To be fair I learned my lesson and the pencil didn't even hurt the other kid, more like poking him tbh), then once in high school for punching a nerd who was being racist about my mother (The only reason I didn't get suspended was A. He was very unpleasant to everybody there, and B. He had been harassing me for months and everybody knew about it). I tried to be the guy's friend but he saw me as an easy mark I guess and wanted to be the bully for a change?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Why do all Texans here get the International Space Station in middle school? Is this some kind of first-world privilege I'm not getting, or what? :blob_hmm_two: I want a space station too! Not fair! :blob_catflip:

@K5Rakitan @RepresentingEnvy @M_Griffith
That's news to me. I only spent three months of middle school in Texas. I did get to do the camping thingy twice since they sent us to Sky Ranch in 5th grade, and then I got to go to Outdoor School in 6th grade.

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
Did you have your recess privileges rescinded for half a school year? I did. I was framed.
My school did something similar. You got in trouble? Have fun picking up trash for the entirety of lunch. I’ve never heard of someone straight up losing access to recess though… (for extended periods of time)