Writing This may come off as silly but, how does an author add the unique Scribble Hub emojis in the text editor?

serapheid

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question, but I'm really curious. I've seen some authors do it in their published chapters, but I don't see the a tab for it when I'm publishing.

Mastah

Just checked all the options and tried copy-pasting, but it seems you can't put those in a chapter for some reason. Normal emojis work though. Some CMS's convert emojis to their own, so who knows, the normal emojis might get converted after a chapter is published.
the normal emojis might get converted after a chapter is published
nope, they don't, just checked.

serapheid

Just checked all the options and tried copy-pasting, but it seems you can't put those in a chapter for some reason. Normal emojis work though. Some CMS's convert emojis to their own, so who knows, the normal emojis might get converted after a chapter is published.

nope, they don't, just checked.
Yeah, I noticed that normal ones can be added in. I just find it surprising that it's hard to figure out, yet some authors have figured out how to do it.

Stratothrax

They might just be embedding them as tiny images like this:

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
It's technically an exploit, so you won't find people just sharing it for all to see on the forum. Tony is leaving it be on a as-long-as-no-one-uses-it-nefariously basis, so last thing we want is for somebody to be that asshole that forces him to put the toys back in the box. On top of that the person that discovered you can add your custom emojis is one of my friends, and has asked it not be shared willy nilly. Sorry!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
phone or image for people who don’t know the sorcery

serapheid

It's technically an exploit, so you won't find people just sharing it for all to see on the forum. Tony is leaving it be on a as-long-as-no-one-uses-it-nefariously basis, so last thing we want is for somebody to be that asshole that forces him to put the toys back in the box. On top of that the person that discovered you can add your custom emojis is one of my friends, and has asked it not be shared willy nilly. Sorry!
Well, that explains a lot. I just thought it was some feature I’m missing out on. In that case, I’ll just forget about it.
They might just be embedding them as tiny images like this:

Hey, that's a good one. Didn't think of that. I was thinking of using ascii emojis like in yours, but this opens up some options, thanks.
phone or image for people who don’t know the sorcery
:blob_dizzy::blob_drool:

Last edited:

serapheid

@PrincessFelicie Uh… someone told me and I was on the verge of finding out myself… kinda ironic that now that I gave up on it, I find out.
@Stratothrax I found out how to do it and it was much simpler than I thought…
@tiaf I understand now, you sneaky fish :blob_hide:

Lena

On top of that the person that discovered you can add your custom emojis is one of my friends, and has asked it not be shared willy nilly. Sorry!
Hey, I was the one who discovered it! (The other person just made a tool)
:meowcry:

(Unless you consider me a friend, in which case I'm extremely honoured)