Thoughts and Plot Suggestions for my second novel.

Mihou

Firefly—
Hello, to whoever is reading this thread. I am Kokocrunch, a 15 year old hobby writer and I wish to receive plot suggestions for my new story "Another World With You" which is based on the synopsis:

What happens when two prodigies are transported into a world, filled with swords and magic, with the twist being the world is the same world they created through the game.

Together, our dense prodigy protagonist together with a shy prodigy heroine journeys forward onto the otherworld.

My ideas for this is:

- They are reincarnated on the world they created through the game, but on a extremely large scale
- It is supposedly a fluffy story about two prodigies adventures on another world with the purpose of revitalizing the culture, technology and the likes.

My conflicts as of now is:

- Whether I should add "War" arcs and the likes to add onto the drama.
- Overpowered protagonists or above-average protagonist?
- Demon Lords or fluffy loli demon lords?
- A pet slime or a pet wolf or both?
- World Modification (Programming) skill?

Well back to the main point, I really need plot suggestions and ideas >.<

Link to the novel

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Hello, to whoever is reading this thread. I am Kokocrunch, a 15 year old hobby writer and I wish to receive plot suggestions for my new story "Another World With You" which is based on the synopsis:

What happens when two prodigies are transported into a world, filled with swords and magic, with the twist being the world is the same world they created through the game.

Together, our dense prodigy protagonist together with a shy prodigy heroine journeys forward onto the otherworld.

My ideas for this is:

- They are reincarnated on the world they created through the game, but on a extremely large scale
- It is supposedly a fluffy story about two prodigies adventures on another world with the purpose of revitalizing the culture, technology and the likes.

My conflicts as of now is:

- Whether I should add "War" arcs and the likes to add onto the drama.
- Overpowered protagonists or above-average protagonist?
- Demon Lords or fluffy loli demon lords?
- A pet slime or a pet wolf or both?
- World Modification (Programming) skill?

Well back to the main point, I really need plot suggestions and ideas >.<

Link to the novel
fluffy story and war doesn't sound like they'd mix well although given your "War" is in quotes, maybe it will?
All of the others could work depending on who your target audience is and what you plan to do with it.

This is just my personal preferrence (which might be in the minority, so take it for what you will) but I prefer:

Above-average protagonist. OP protagonist to me means that there is no meaningful conflict since the characters can steamroll through everything and anything. Above-average, you can have one of your characters in a pinch and have the other help them out or something.

Personally am not a fan of demon lords since they usually feel like a cheap antagonist. Many fluffy loli demon lords end up being just fanservice or a very bland character.

Pets are fine, depends on what you want to do with them. Most of the time they end up as background anyways. Do you plan to make the pet slime have the ability to transform into a human? Is the wolf going to serve the role as basically the same as a pet dog on Earth?

World Modification (Programming) skill sounds like a very good way to make the characters ridiculously OP, so I wouldn't prefer that. If you put some clear limitations on it though, it could be interesting.

Mihou

Firefly—
fluffy story and war doesn't sound like they'd mix well although given your "War" is in quotes, maybe it will?
All of the others could work depending on who your target audience is and what you plan to do with it.

I did think about it, maybe slight conflicts that end with just a single chapter would be better, together with the protagonists just slightly above average with the slight head start given by God (seven gifts or rather seven skills that would just be acquirable anyways).

Pets can be handy you know, especially if you have no other ideas and need fillers :P.

Well, I appreciate your thoughts as it is a huge help to me >.<. Thank you~

Sloth-of-Bangkok

Reincarnate to another world is already tried to death.

But here is my opinion.

War Arc is overrated. If you have to do it, put a twist in it. If it was I, the twist will be no one win the actual war (the entire thing was a Kansas city gambit) so the pain and suffering they endured are for nothing. A good twist to the real war: no one win in open warfare... it is just who lost more.

Average and Overpower are built on Utilisation. You have to know the price of strength and the price of Mediocrity. People are more interested in the character personal struggle to their goal. But make sure the goal is in reach or not use excessively or the adrenalin will die over time.

Your choice

Try something else... like a pet Sloth that suction as a pillow.

Mihou

Firefly—
Reincarnate to another world is already tried to death.

But here is my opinion.

War Arc is overrated. If you have to do it, put a twist in it. If it was I, the twist will be no one win the actual war (the entire thing was a Kansas city gambit) so the pain and suffering they endured are for nothing. A good twist to the real war: no one win in open warfare... it is just who lost more.

Average and Overpower are built on Utilisation. You have to know the price of strength and the price of Mediocrity. People are more interested in the character personal struggle to their goal. But make sure the goal is in reach or not use excessively or the adrenalin will die over time.

Your choice

Try something else... like a pet Sloth that suction as a pillow.
Thanks for your opinion, honestly your opinion on the war arc really sounds interesting.

By "price of strength and the price of mediocrity", can you elaborate on this as I am quite confused:blob_cringe: (The sacrifices the protagonists took to be strong to protect their loved ones but still being weak enough to protect all, I don't really understand but I really appreciate your thoughts ❤️)

Sandycat135

I would say above average protagonist is alright, as long there are clear limitations and flaws.
Perhaps a certain power might bug out when he's stressed or confused
A interesting character is your priority.
Perhaps try worldbuilding a little.
If it's set in medieval times, which medieval times?
Middle Ages? Georgian Era?
What traditions do they have? What plants do they grow? If there's a problem, why? Is that problem common?
I do not recommending using levels and skills, perhaps only levels, as they personally for me are confusing.

Sloth-of-Bangkok

Thanks for your opinion, honestly your opinion on the war arc really sounds interesting.

By "price of strength and the price of mediocrity", can you elaborate on this as I am quite confused:blob_cringe: (The sacrifices the protagonists took to be strong to protect their loved ones but still being weak enough to protect all, I don't really understand but I really appreciate your thoughts ❤)

Overwhelming strength mean you never struggle and never form bond and experience with those struggling. Makoto from Moon god is one bad utilization. His overwhelming power and lack of effort to gain said power make his development and growth so slow you barely get anywhere in 200 chapter. No matter what tragic backstory you pile behind the character the audience won’t feel anything close to sympathy or support if they can’t experience his pain and indecision. Captain Marvel and Rey Palpatine is also one... their overwhelming power that is as earn as the respect for the CCP and turn them into the Internet punching bag because their power is earn because Wamen. Not through pain and character growth.

And overpower character can break the story. You need a very good supporting cast because the window to do this properly is how the other character and the MC themselves interact to the world. See OPM and Alisu Algin. You know OPM but here is a deal with Algin. He is the strongest mage in the world and as charismatic as a cardboard, but what make his story interesting is the fact that he want to retire at mild young age of 16-18, sending absolute panic through the crapsack world because he is lightyear ahead of everyone. His retirement will likely fuck the entire world stability in it’s armageddon over the head. So the struggle of the story become the military and literally anyone who know what the fuck they are doing pulling all the stop to get the dude to care a quarter of a damn about humanity and for Alisu himself to train an okay replacement and develop a real human bond. They have to do this while dealing with politic while idiot who don’t know what they are messing with try to screw with Algin little reason to even caring.

Essentially that the curse of strength, OP tag come with audience lack of enthusiasm on any fight. Your best bet is a good supporting class.

Sloth-of-Bangkok

By "price of strength and the price of mediocrity", can you elaborate on this as I am quite confused:blob_cringe: (The sacrifices the protagonists took to be strong to protect their loved ones but still being weak enough to protect all, I don't really understand but I really appreciate your thoughts ❤)
And here is the price of Mediocrity. You play there to much, you make them look like a fucking simp. No one want to read about a random soilder on the battlefield or the above average guy pretending to be average (unless there are a twist or depth that explain his humility).

You need a reason to make the audience believe to believe this weak ass protagonist can fight a literal God. And if you pull too many Dues Ex Machina, the entire story will feel cheat. Stick with one gimmick like the devil fruit or a zanpakuto and try to find a way to make the protagonist stronger through another method. Bam from tower of God is a good example. He is weak at first got train for multiple years from a master, receive more training and copy and assimilate several powers he barely get a hang on, but it is believable because we see him defeat or help defeat several broken foes and make off with significant number of their technique.