Took me long hours of contemplation before realizing this!

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
If I may, I would describe myself as a voracious writer. I love to write almost anything if it catches my attention. I'm also a voracious reader. Fictions and Non-fictions. To the point that sometimes, it influences my decision in writing. I want to write something like this and like that. Oh, that's cool I want to use that genre too.

Then, I checked my files today. The heck! I realized that I have created so many titles.

The problem is I couldn't focus on just one.

Anyone out there currently experiencing this bull!?

Any advice?

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Force yourself to stick to it, or simply don't write anything until that one idea ( or several ) remained. You have to, as pretentious as it may seem, think and plan about your story. Feel its importance, feel its theme.

Another way is to write down all the ideas and themes you really wanted to write, and explore them in detail in a one giant pool of a story. Although this way might work, it would probably be an average mediocre story without proper direction.

Owl

Nervous writer
For me, I write as I wish and once in a while, I'm so in love with the current idea that I keep writing it and writing it while continuing with new ideas on the side. Those stories I upload :sweat_smile:

Jemini

I dealt with that for over 8 years. My trick, go ahead and keep writing all sorts of random nonsense. But, have just ONE project that you stick with, and dedicate at least 50% of your writing time to it.

i don't think you should dedicate yourself to one thing if you don't feel like it.

just keep having fun until you finally feel like sticking on a few things.

Writer_not_narcissist

If I may, I would describe myself as a voracious writer. I love to write almost anything if it catches my attention. I'm also a voracious reader. Fictions and Non-fictions. To the point that sometimes, it influences my decision in writing. I want to write something like this and like that. Oh, that's cool I want to use that genre too.

Then, I checked my files today. The heck! I realized that I have created so many titles.

Any advice?
Write Short stories for your titles then post them.

Walk

Who's to say that you can't write them all? If they are compelling enough, use them.

All those ideas share a commonality somewhere, right? You find that and you can practically do a series of random stories or do arcs within a single story.

Have fun!

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You could always make a bunch of short stories with those ideas? Perhaps try making as many as you can in the same setting in order to keep readers invested or something?

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Force yourself to stick to it, or simply don't write anything until that one idea ( or several ) remained. You have to, as pretentious as it may seem, think and plan about your story. Feel its importance, feel its theme.

Another way is to write down all the ideas and themes you really wanted to write, and explore them in detail in a one giant pool of a story. Although this way might work, it would probably be an average mediocre story without proper direction.
Hmmn, ok I'll try to stick to at least two. But I won't stop my random babble scribbles. :blob_evil: :blob_evil:

I dealt with that for over 8 years. My trick, go ahead and keep writing all sorts of random nonsense. But, have just ONE project that you stick with, and dedicate at least 50% of your writing time to it.
It's just that I can't stop random stories. I feel like I'm limiting myself if I do that. So I'll follow your advice. :blob_hmm:

Nanakawaichan

Any advice?
I also have the same problem. But I tried to stick on my current story.

ShyMaskedMan

Well, I myself like to write in my brain every time I am inspired (The Sims). But I think I will also have the same problems as you in the future. My current main story is constantly written but not yet at the acceptable pace, speed and precision.

yunano34a1

Any advice?

I have tons of this hehehe~ The problem is it made me procrastinate so much because i kept thinking for more titles. Until I decided to just go with the flow and make some short scenes with those titles and merge them together in one story. Once I'm satisfied with the outcome I brainstorm for what are the keywords and themes. Then voila~ Unique title!

This is how my current novel name evolved:

1. Shift from Zero
2. Phantom of the Grimoire Catalyst's Oath
3. Last Chronicles of the Misunderstood Half-Demon as a Hero
4. The Key of Seven Grimoires Defile the Evil

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
Sometimes a story just isn't worth finishing. You start it with an inspiration and then come to a point where you aren't happy with how it is going to develop. You can either write an ending or shelve it until you find that intangible something, that tiny burst of inspiration to take in a direction that makes you happy.