Transported into the novel's world tag

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
My most recent story is one where MC (and his girlfriend) are transported into the world of his novel.
But there isn't a tag for it, as far as I know.

If there is, then I'm just being dumb, i guess.

There is a tag for [Transported into a Game World] but none for a [Novel World]

I'm making do with a [Transported into Another World] tag atm, but it isn't really very appropriate...

Please add a tag for [Transported into a Novel World]!

Edit: Also... if you could throw in a [Multiple Transmigrated Individuals] too, that'd be great!

Last edited:

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Multiple Transmigrated Individuals
Multiple Transported Individuals is already a tag. No need for a weirdly specific version of basically the same thing.

Lire

Multiple Transported Individuals is already a tag. No need for a weirdly specific version of basically the same thing.

"nO NEeD fOr A wEIrdLy sPeCifIc VErsIOn oF bAsICaLly tHe SAmE tHiNG." the dumbass said while fingering his own butthole.

I can't believe I have to see this right after waking up.
What do you think tags are for? They are to specify things to a certain extent.

By your logic, why don't we just merge a whole bunch of tags into the [Human Protagonist] tag?

Why don't we go a step further? Let's take out all the "wEIrdLy sPeCifIc" genres? Let's just put everything in SH into the [Web Fiction] genre. No need for Fantasy and Sci-fi.

God. Maybe its because I haven't had coffee yet, but your idiocy just raised my blood pressure to epic proportions, making me meaner that I usually am.

I still stand by what I wrote though.

Lemme just point out a bunch of stuff to counter your probably half-assed opinion. (Forgive the lack of blobs or emojis. For some reason, I can't use them on my phone, which is where I wrote most of this.)

1.) The [Transmigration] tag already exists.
Which means it is already acknowledged that Transmigration is different from getting transported into another world.(which, it obviously is)

Hence, a [MULTIPLE Transmigrated INDIVIDUALS] tag is well warranted. Me thinks.

2.) Do you actually know what those terms mean? Because if you did, I fail to understand why you would voice your absolutely idiotic argument.

Transported - Uber can do this. They can transport you or your food from one place to another. In our context, being transported essentially means you get chucked into the other world with your own body.

Which means if you are a greasy, fat-ass, you will still be a greasy fat-ass in the other world.

Transmigrated - The transfer of one's soul/consciousness into the body of another.

Simple enough. The Transmigrated individual gets a new body. Maybe they become a cat, or a dog, or a fucking mosquito.

I'll point out how different they are from my (someone who desires to craft stories) perspective.

If my MC is Transported into another world, they will basically have a clean slate with zero backing in the new world. I can play around with what happens to him.
There is also some suspension of disbelief, since they don't have immunity to all the germs and diseases of that new world, but I won't dive into that.

Now, if my MC is Transmigrated, the body they may get put into has naturally been running around doing stuff before the soul transfer.
The body's original owner may have backing (ie- Nobility/Royalty).
They might have already built a reputation for themselves (good or bad).
And they probably have existing relationships that the MC must now navigate around.
There are more, but again, I just woke up and I have shit to do.

As you can see, the two are very different. So I really can't understand why you had the gall to leave a record of your dumbass opinion.
Were you perhaps actually ignorant of this topic?
If so, then why the hell say anything at all?
If you voted and said ANYTHING at all, despite knowing very little about this... then I don't really know what to say...

Except I think you should do the world a favor by not participating in procreation. Also, this is precisely why the current Democracy is flawed. Even know-nothings and casuals can help decide nationwide matters. Voting should be reserved for people with double-digit IQs.

3.) Finally, although this is a much weaker point than the other two...

There are already all sorts of "wEIrDLy sPECiFiC" tags — as you call them.
[Handsome Protagonist] [Ugly Protagonist] [Seme Protagonist] [Stoic Protagonist] [Selfless Protagonist]... the list goes on.

Do you mean to say that a protag's LOOKS mean more than the nature of HOW such a mystical event such as getting sent into another world occurs? And how the nature of that event may dictate what happens to them after getting trucked?

I rest my case.

Oh, and I've seen this a lot in other forums, but please don't make your reply something along the lines of: "bUt Tony iS ALreDy sWAmPed! It'S exTRa wOrK fOr hIM!"

Plenty of people who have their idiocy pointed out try to make themselves look better by looking like they're doing it for other people. Don't be one of them.

If Lord Tony thought it was too troublesome to change anything on the site, the [Feature Request] sub-forum wouldn't exist. Just like it doesn't exist for RR.

If he sees my request and tells me that he doesn't wanna do it cuz it's a pain or something, then sure. I'll back off with zero bad feelings, and will make do with the tags that already exist.

I know nothing about coding and running a website, so if the person who actually does all that says so, then it must be true.

But people being offended for OTHER PEOPLE pisses me off more than people being an idiot (just like you were, in case you forgot already).

Now, I think I've spent enough of my time trying to elucidate my thoughts to an ignoramus, as such, I bid you a good rest-of-your-day. I shall now have my coffee in addition to giving my dog some head pats so I can calm myself from seeing such stupidity first thing in the goddamn morning.

*Rant Over*

Ps - Please seriously consider what I wrote about avoiding procreating. It'll help. Thank you~

Last edited:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
1.) The [Transmigration] tag already exists.
So why not use that?
You have one tag expressing how your protagonists were brought across and one expressing that it's a group. You're allowed to select multiple tags for a reason.
Is the how specifically relevant to the "Multiple" tag? The reincarnation variant also exists, but to be honest what's the point of having more than one? If I care how they got there, I look at the tags dedicated to that question.

Lire

So why not use that?
You have one tag expressing how your protagonists were brought across and one expressing that it's a group. You're allowed to select multiple tags for a reason.
Is the how specifically relevant to the "Multiple" tag? The reincarnation variant also exists, but to be honest what's the point of having more than one? If I care how they got there, I look at the tags dedicated to that question.

I'm already using the [Transmigration] tag. But since the MC isn't the only one that got transmigrated, then a "Multiple" would be more appropriate. (jesus christ typing out "transmigrated" is really tiring me out... ironically typing this out tired me out more.)

That said, even though it isn't super accurate, [Transmigration] can sorta kinda work... but the "multiple" is still preferable since just the [Transmigration] alone makes you think that just one individual is involved, right?

Which is why it was a secondary request, Just something to add to the main one.

The main thing that I'm requesting is the [Transported into a Novel World] tag.

Is the how specifically relevant to the "Multiple" tag?
I implied its relevance in my previous comment.

what's the point of having more than one?
Uhhh... I don't really understand what you mean by this, but I'll try to answer it.

I do not want more than one. If there is a [Multiple Transmigrated Individuals] tag, I will naturally not include the [Transmigration] tag anymore.
You're allowed to select multiple tags for a reason.
Yes, this is true. But there is a limit of 25 tags. There are certain stories that may not use them all up, but some stories (mine included), can't include all the tags that they need.
The ideal scenario is to convey as much information as possible with as few tags as possible. So, including a [Transmigration] and a [Multiple Reincarnated/Transported Individuals] when just a single [Multiple Transmigrated Individuals] would've done it, is the best.

Naturally, tags are also important, since there are people who will literally only read stuff that has a certain tag included. Like Yandere or something.

Plus, as a reader, I would also like to narrow down which stories are about being Transported into a Novel world. They're all kinda jumbled in with stuff about getting transported into another world.

Just to add to this thingy above, I do not consider a Novel World and Another world to be the same.

Another World = Narnia. Mid-earth. Stuff like that. Places that — according to the narrative — existed already. MC probably knows jack squat about these places.

Novel World = Someone literally wrote a story, and for some reason, the world in it comes to life. This also implies that the MC probably knows quite a lot about the world, since they've probably read the book.

Game World = Same with the above, except it's a game instead of a story. MC is likely to have played the game before.

They're all very different.

I hope I answered everything.

Last edited:

Lire

The OP wants separate new tag so their story can become the highest rank in that tag.
Exposed? Lol
No, seriously. If other [transported into a novel world] stories used this tag too, it'd make things so much easier. Cuz I like those types of stories.

you'll never have nice things.

not with your attitude, lol.
Feelsbadman. :cry:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I implied its relevance in my previous comment.
You talked about the difference between transportation and transmigration, but that, to me is not what the tag is about. The Transmigration tag tells me what sort of world travel to expect.

Uhhh... I don't really understand what you mean by this, but I'll try to answer it.

I do not want more than one. If there is a [Multiple Transmigrated Individuals] tag, I will naturally not include the [Transmigration] tag anymore.
I mean the "Multiple X Individuals" tags.

Yes, this is true. But there is a limit of 25 tags. There are certain stories that may not use them all up, but some stories (mine included), can't include all the tags that they need.
This is opinion, but I think that 25 is enough for almost all novels to include all essential tags. More might apply by definition, but do I really need to know those? If I want that certain thing enough to specifically search for it, a story that only scrapes the subject probably isn't going to be what I'm looking for anyway.
You could do content notes in the synopsis if you think those are essential to know.

The advantage of tags is searchability. But that only works if in/exclusion leads to meaningful restrictions.
They have definitions and all, but even then large parts of their meaning is open for interpretation.
Is having a pronounced goal enough to warrant "Determined Protagonist" or do they have to be ready to move mountains?

So because I think that tags won't entirely be able to describe a story either way, my idea of the tagging system is one that allows quickly filtering for broader options.
Splitting the tags to be able to cram more information into them in my experience leads to sparsely populated searches.

Even for you as the author using them that might be detrimental. The more tags people have to look at to find all the variants of "Multiple", the more likely yours ends up excluded, not because it wasn't what they would have been interested in, but because they forgot/couldn't be bothered to look across each and every one.

Lire

The Transmigration tag tells me what sort of world travel to expect.

You can get transmigrated to a sci-fi world or a fantasy world too you know? You can even get transmigrated into the same world.
Transmigration / Reincarnation / Transportation are all processes. They don't really imply what world is traveled to. Me thinks:unsure:

what's the point of having more than one?
I mean the "Multiple X Individuals" tags.
Ah. I see!:blob_facepalm::blobrofl:
"IF" a [Multiple Transmigrated Individuals] tag existed, I won't need any other [Multiple X Individuals] tags. Just the one.
As of right now, I'm still using the [Multiple Transported Individuals] tag, but if the first one hypothetically existed I'd use that one instead.

This is opinion, but I think that 25 is enough for almost all novels to include all essential tags. More might apply by definition, but do I really need to know those? If I want that certain thing enough to specifically search for it, a story that only scrapes the subject probably isn't going to be what I'm looking for anyway.
This is true.
But that's why I'm not asking for unlimited tags. I am just asking for those few tags that are actually relevant. Multiple people getting transmigrated and the world being based on a book are major things in my fic

You could do content notes in the synopsis if you think those are essential to know.
Great idea.
I didn't want to clutter the synopsis too much, but I guess this is also an option.

Even for you as the author using them that might be detrimental. The more tags people have to look at to find all the variants of "Multiple", the more likely yours ends up excluded, not because it wasn't what they would have been interested in, but because they forgot/couldn't be bothered to look across each and every one.
That's also true.
Though for me, I usually remember certain tags that I particularly like.
I also now realize that you misunderstood me somewhat. I aim to only have the [Multiple Trans thingy] tag, nothing else.
In fact, I can reduce the number of tags I use if the tag existed.

Also, I'd just like to point out... why do we keep talking about that one add-on? My main request is the [Transported into a Novel World] tag!
:blobrofl:
The other one was literally just something I tacked on but it seems to be the main subject now...

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Transmigration + Multiple Transported Individuals is enough to cover the need for the Multiple Transmigrated Individuals tag, so that one is unnecessary.

Transported Into A Novel World is a sensible tag though. I don't have anything against it.

If we were on NU, I'd ask for examples of novels that already would make use of the tag (Though I can already remember Reika-sama and Gomen Ne Onii-sama from the top of my head), but... Well, we're not on NU, so tags don't need a large amount of novels to be added. They just need to be something that you expect authors to actually use.

Transported Into A Novel World is actually something I can imagine happening with some frequency on a writing community, so I don't see any problems with it.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
You can get transmigrated to a sci-fi world or a fantasy world too you know? You can even get transmigrated into the same world.
Transmigration / Reincarnation / Transportation are all processes. They don't really imply what world is traveled to. Me thinks:unsure:

Ah. I see!:blob_facepalm::blobrofl:
"IF" a [Multiple Transmigrated Individuals] tag existed, I won't need any other [Multiple X Individuals] tags. Just the one.
As of right now, I'm still using the [Multiple Transported Individuals] tag, but if the first one hypothetically existed I'd use that one instead.

This is true.
But that's why I'm not asking for unlimited tags. I am just asking for those few tags that are actually relevant.

Great idea. I didn't want to clutter the synopsis too much, but I guess this is also an option.

That's also true. Though for me, I usually remember certain tags that I particularly like. I also now realize that you misunderstood me somewhat. I aim to only have the [Multiple Trans thingy] tag, nothing else. In fact, I can reduce the number of tags I use if the tag existed.

Also, I'd just like to point out... why do we keep talking about that one add-on? My main request is the [Transported into a Novel World] tag!
:blobrofl:
The other one was literally just something I tacked on but it seems to be the main subject now...
Then why are you so upset being told to use "Multiple Transported Individuals" when your own initial request (of a tag I assume you intend to use) also uses "transported" as overarching term for the technically multiple ways you could end up in a novel world?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
they're shoujo manga world actually, not novel.
I actually forgot about that for Reika, my bad on that one.
But Onii-sama I'm pretty sure was a novel.

Either way, point still stands. Not on NU, so I think the tag is fine~

Lire

Whoah. I went to write a chapter and there's suddenly so many... uh... speedrun time.

I'm happy to entertain!

Transmigration + Multiple Transported Individuals is enough to cover the need for the Multiple Transmigrated Individuals tag, so that one is unnecessary.

But I have to use two tag slots... *murmur* *murmur*
Meh. Whatevs.

If we were on NU, I'd ask for examples of novels that already would make use of the tag

Just a few off the top of my head:
[Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint]
[Trash of the Count's Family]
[Trapped in a Web Novel as a good for nothing]
[Rising of the Shield Hero]
- (This is a HUGE maybe. Since Naofumi got trucked by reading a book. Meh. Probably not valid but I wanna pad the list.)

they're shoujo manga world actually, not novel.
And now the demand for a [Transported into a Manga World] is born. lol jk.
:blob_wink:
Then why are you so upset being told to use "Multiple Transported Individuals" when your own initial request (of a tag I assume you intend to use) also uses "transported" as overarching term for the technically multiple ways you could end up in a novel world?

A large part is probably because I just woke up with a hangover. It was the end of a work week and I got smashed, then woke up in the worst mood. My bad.

Drink Responsibly!

But I stand by (most of) what I wrote. Probably not the parts about procreation. At this point, just one person stopping themselves isn't really gonna help.

What pissed me off is the obvious lack of knowledge despite having the audacity to voice an opinion.
Ignorance isn't bad, but if you don't know shit, then shut up. Maybe do some research, google is literally available 24/7. Or ask about it, instead.

Actually, you don't even need to ask. Just read it out, and you can see that it is different.
[Multiple Transported Individuals]
[Multiple Transmigrated Individuals]

The two are similar, but not the same. It's like saying burgers with a beef patty and a pork patty are exactly the same. Or a normal burger and a tofu burger are the same. (Sorry for all the burger examples, I'm craving some rn...)🤤

Again, I make the argument that since a lone [Transmigration] tag exists, a [Multiple Transmigrated Individuals] tag isn't that farfetched.:unsure:

I don't even know why I'm so defensive about this one tag when all I really wanted was the novel world one... but whatever. I've already started, so I may as well defend it with my life.

Though I do kinda want to apologize for going too ham. Sorry, @Piisfun
I went too far.
(シ_ _)シ

You still shouldn't butt into stuff you know nothing about, but again, I'm sorry.

Finally...

Keep downvoting it guys. It attracts more attention that way. 😈
Besides, it's not like implementation depends on upvotes anyway. Your votes don't actually matter! HAHAHA!
(Though mine probably won't get implemented too!)
*sadful laughter*

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
look okay, i get that you're trying to make a point.

but posting a wall of text in a suggestion thread or anything else that's not a something that people want to search info from?
nobody would care, nobody.

Lire

look okay, i get that you're trying to make a point.

but posting a wall of text in a suggestion thread or anything else that's not a something that people want to search info from?
nobody would care, nobody.

I see...
So I when someone makes a negative argument, or asks a question, I should just stay quiet?

Thanks for the solid life advice, sir! That's the perfect way to have a conversation and to be super beta.

I'll follow that advice and just unwatch my own thread then. Since my input is unnecessary.

And thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread the entire time.
Farewell~!