Trophies

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Hello! I want to have more trophies implemented on Scribble Hub Forums! (I don't know if you will only implement things onto Scribble Hub, or here, as well.)

I will give you a few reasons as to why I want this to happen.

1. It leads to more goals.
  2. It makes it so that users can interact with the site more.
  3. More trophies would mean more fun a person could have!

I'll explain those reasons in more detail.

For number one, more goals, it basically means that more people would actively look into the trophies and point scoring system.

"The more something is, the more people pay attention to it."— CadmarLegend's grandma.

If people tried to acheive the goals, they would actively search for questions/threads that were unanswered, etc..this would lead to a good thing for the users of Scribble Hub Forum and Scribble Hub. Many questions/concerns would be solved. (There could be spam, but it can be reported, so it really wouldn't matter...)

Number 2. Interacting with the site means "knowing the ins and outs" of SHF. I learned about the different types of threads(Writer's General, Artists General, Scribble Hub Discussion, etc.) through having written a lot of messages/threads. Most people want hands-on things instead of reading instructions. It is likely that many will try by themselves to get used to the site, and not thoroughly read about everything.... so having all those trophies, so that users would pay attention, is a good way to get them introduced to the platform. They would also get to know many of the people here by trying to acheive the goals.

For number 3.... it's in preparation of what would happen if someone has already acheived all the trophies. There are some people here who've already reached the points limit, because they acheived all of the trophies.... it would be a new era for them.(Though, I'm guessing most don't care about that, anymore....). Also, more trophies would mean more time people would spend trying to acheive those goals!

Summary: It would be a good idea to have more trophies added so that there would be more interaction between the users on this site. Having a large pile of something in front of you makes you feel compelled to looking through it. (But we need to make sure that the things you need to look through are short and simple... example: the requirements for getting trophies are easy to understand, and in simple sentences. People will spend more time looking through short and simple things than one long thing.)

I know that they might not be that big of a deal, and that I may have just sucked at getting my point across....

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Well, if more trophies end up getting added I will inevitably end up grinding to get them, so... This can totally work... >.>

Not sure if I want it though, grinding trophies takes a while depending on how high the goals go... >.>

On the other hand, I'm kinda annoyed that I don't appear on the top 5 list of most trophy points even though I was the 3rd person to cap them out, so... Yeah, give me more trophies! I'll grind them all out and earn my rightful place at the top 5 back! :blob_paint: :blob_paint: :blob_paint:

Last edited:

CadmarLegend

No. Instead, you got more responsibilities.
You do... one of my friends had a baby. The baby's internal self must've been this guy, because he kept his parents up all night, or so I heard.

1614639911762.png

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You do... one of my friend's had a baby. The baby's internal self must've been this guy, because he kept his parents up all night, or so I heard.

View attachment 6571
Well, that's just every baby, really... >.>
I mean . . . we are up until 2am, and we do wake up two or three times after going "to bed" but then we go back to sleep again, and we are getting plenty of sleep. The trick is co-sleeping. At the hospital, they told us not to do it because it supposedly isn't safe, but I'm sure they just do that for liability. Someone probably sued a hospital once upon a time.

I took a human development course in university and learned that the studies linking co-sleeping to a higher risk of SIDS are not truly conclusive for various reasons. Personally, I say that household income is a big confounding variable. Parents who can't afford a crib generally have a lot of other issues.

Still, he hospital drilled that shit about co-sleeping not being safe into us, so we tried swaddling him and sticking him in the crib the first week, but it was an absolute nightmare. When he sleeps with us, I can just stick my nipple in his mouth, roll over with him in my arms and give him the other nipple, and then Husband changes the diaper, and we all go right back to sleep.

The hard part now is cooking and cleaning, because he absolutely doesn't want to be left alone, so we basically just take turns with him during the day. Humans evolved to crave the touch of other humans.

Frankly, I think we have a higher risk of dropping him when we're sleep-deprived, and then it's no longer classified as SIDS, is it? Trying to carry him to the crib and getting even more frustrated when he doesn't want to be left alone isn't worth it.

CadmarLegend

I mean . . . we are up until 2am, and we do wake up two or three times after going "to bed" but then we go back to sleep again, and we are getting plenty of sleep. The trick is co-sleeping. At the hospital, they told us not to do it because it supposedly isn't safe, but I'm sure they just do that for liability. Someone probably sued a hospital once upon a time.

I took a human development course in university and learned that the studies linking co-sleeping to a higher risk of SIDS are not truly conclusive for various reasons. Personally, I say that household income is a big confounding variable. Parents who can't afford a crib generally have a lot of other issues.

Still, he hospital drilled that shit about co-sleeping not being safe into us, so we tried swaddling him and sticking him in the crib the first week, but it was an absolute nightmare. When he sleeps with us, I can just stick my nipple in his mouth, roll over with him in my arms and give him the other nipple, and then Husband changes the diaper, and we all go right back to sleep.

The hard part now is cooking and cleaning, because he absolutely doesn't want to be left alone, so we basically just take turns with him during the day. Humans evolved to crave the touch of other humans.

Frankly, I think we have a higher risk of dropping him when we're sleep-deprived, and then it's no longer classified as SIDS, is it? Trying to carry him to the crib and getting even more frustrated when he doesn't want to be left alone isn't worth it.
Wow....

D

Deleted member 45782

Guess odd one here. from what i was told, had to be waken up in middle of night. otherwise would have just slept through the night haha but docs warn parents to feed even in midnite. i guess i prefer sleep instead.

But yeah lot of babies lot of tired parents.

CadmarLegend

Guess odd one here. from what i was told, had to be waken up in middle of night. otherwise would have just slept through the night haha but docs warn parents to feed even in midnite. i guess i prefer sleep instead.

But yeah lot of babies lot of tired parents.
It is "equality in it's finest".

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Though really...what are trophies for, aside from some bragging rights? 😁
Bragging rights are important! xD

Oh, this makes plenty of sense~

Can't say I ever took care of a baby myself, I just heard from my cousin that the first few months are pretty hard because your schedule becomes completely messed up as it starts revolving around the baby's schedule... Who doesn't really care about day, night and stuff. I dunno if they co-slept, but I know they were heavily sleep deprived for quite some time until things settled down.

It's good that you found a way that worked well for both you and your baby! \(^^)/