true fantasy

Garon

Give examples of interesting fantasy settings. Any unusual concepts and world structures that are not similar to standard isekai. I'm tired of them. Worlds where goblins are eternal animal rapists, demons who are simply another race similar to people. Fucking elves who are the same everywhere. Give something unusual, any recommendations

TotallyHuman

I'll be recommending 4.6 billion years of evolution until I finish it (with its length it ain't gonna be soon)
Search for it on nu

BigBadBoi

Steampunk fantasy is always interesting especially if it's well done

Insomniologist

Nemurenu Kyōfu
Now, don’t mistake this for me recommending it, but there was this manga called Nectar of Dharani or something like that.
It’s unusual alright.
Good? If you’re into the whole ‘authors barely disguised fetish’ then sure I guess?
But otherwise, just stick to something else.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Any story by Thundamoo is great in that regard. I'm not going to describe them in case you want to read them since it would be a lot of spoilers.

Newly Summoned Demoness has a pretty interesting setting, with a huge part of the world underground and no classic fantasy monsters, despite having pretty classic demons and holy bastards.

Lost Souls and a Succubus is quite similar in many aspects, though I can't say much because it's only just started. It's also got an interesting take on a system (though it's not explicitly called that in the story, it's got many similarities to system apocalypse stories, het it's done in a different way).

And speaking of system apocalypse, The Forerunner Initiative is probably one of the best stories I know in that regard, if only because it does it in a very realistic manner. It's also got four-armed felines.

I'm pretty sure all of them are on RR, not sure about other sites.

On Scribble, there is one I can recommend, The Hopping Celestial Fox, though it's not fantasy in the way a typical fantasy is, just put in another world. It's a very unique story, as are other stories by BottledChaos, and I'm honestly not even sure how I'm supposed to describe it without major spoilers. But, yeah, it's unique enough I've not seen another similar story.

Sergeandgreen

Sunflower : [A sunflower based litRPG] has quite a unique setting, where the mc is (surprise, surprise) a sunflower that gained sentience. With the senses and instincts of a more or less normal sunflower.

A Gamer's Guide To Beating The Tutorial: is a cool story. I think it started as a fanfic of "this tutorial is too hard" but is now a independent story. What makes this story interesting is that the mc gets mentally crushed by the challenges (not in a whimpy way) so drinking your own blood or killing a few sentient civilized goblins and wearing their skin is totally acceptable to him. Also the monsters there are all kind of different than one would expect. Even dragons aren't the usual superpowerful magical beings with the best buffs one can imagine.

Cog Cultivator (Xianxia): Is a xianxia story with a robot mc, which I think is an interesting concept.

Beware Of Chicken: Also a cultivator story, but the cultivator is not a power-hungry idiot but a kind guy building a farm, where the animals become sentient due to his influence. (The animals are better fleshed out than the mc's of some story.) I can really recomend this story. (Technically its an isekai, but i hope it counts anyway)

Rock falls, everyone dies: A lit RPG story about a rock. (a literal rock) It's a short comedy, but I think its worth a read.

I think all those stories are on RR and A Gamer's guide is also here on scribble.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Now, don’t mistake this for me recommending it, but there was this manga called Nectar of Dharani or something like that.
It’s unusual alright.
Good? If you’re into the whole ‘authors barely disguised fetish’ then sure I guess?
But otherwise, just stick to something else.

Such good world building for a manga with such a dumb premise

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Land of the lustrous
Blake Pudding
Dragon's reverie
Infinity in the void - Freedom in the abyss
Take eldritch survey! Noted.
The stargazing with and the dungeon planet
God's devil paradox
I reincarnated as a immortal caterpillar?
The curse of immortality
The doomed ascension of the void
The pale masked girl