Two Authors

DubstheDuke

You know...

Can you imagine how painful it would be to write a series with another author?

I personally can't even imagine how horrible that would be.

Nothing would ever be agreed upon.

One person would want to do one thing, and the other another. Gives me shivers just thinking about how many disagreements there would be.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
You know...

One person would want to do one thing, and the other another. Gives me shivers just thinking about how many disagreements there would be.
Nigga thats no different than those word chain games. You can have fun with it if you just take what one of your writes, then just do what you want in the next page or chapter or whatever. Would be fuckin' bonkers tho probably.

Anyway it could be done, you just would have to communicate more and be reasonable. Have similar ideas. You cant work on a romance story with someone who is a diehard fan and writer of rape hentai. But you could work with a writer who likes and write in the same genre. Or even a different one if you let each other handle the aspect of the story you excell it.

Like if your partner write adventure stories. They focus on the main story, you focus on the romance and interactions with the love interest. It'd be even better than writing something with a writer of the same genre. Cuz then its more clear who should write what and you wont argue as much. Long as everything still fits with the character's personalities

D

Deleted member 29316

It certainly is difficult, but it can be done. First thing you both have to talk about is what kind of story you would write. Then work out the differences along the way.

It can surely lead to arguments, but if you guys managed to reconcile differences, then it's all cool.

The key is understanding. 😉

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Nah, it can actually make the story even more interesting. One serious and one being an idiot, how would the story go from there would be quite an interesting experience.

done it several times... it quite good actually, when we were in sync we worked well in to the night with nothing but nachos and caffeine.

when some thing was wrong or when we disagreed one defended, one dissected and we understood the intricacies of what made something worked and what did not.

if you can find a writing partner you respected, and can have a frank exchange of ideas, even when you have competing ideas, it's a worth while experience.

There will always the advantages and disadvantages of that. But in my opinion, I guess it would be fun to work on a book together:blob_evil_two:

Draculus-del-Viafat

You know...

I started writing a novel with another author a while ago, and I can say that it's only difficult for me because it feels like she doesn't really care for it, but I really want to finish it and don't have enough time to manage the whole thing (it's exactly why we have only a prologue and one chapter written). But we've agreed upon everything, every character arc and every plot twist... Sometimes stubborn co-authors happen, they insist on their ideas even after you've tried to convince them those ideas are not pretty good. In this case my personal choice always lies between quitting the project and trying to adjust my own ideas to the co-author's ideas (which can be difficult but still possible). With my co-writer we used to write chapters together, then edit them appropriately so everything is on its places. So I'm sure your success depends on how flexible both of your opinions are.

Tim_Saian

It's called roleplaying.
That gives me an idea. Each Author writes a different character within the same world. Perhaps one of the Authors plays the antagonist while the other the Protagonist (Although both of them are the protagonists of their stories.) I'd like to try this but I don't have the time nor the friends.

Draculus-del-Viafat

That gives me an idea. Each Author writes a different character within the same world. Perhaps one of the Authors plays the antagonist while the other the Protagonist (Although both of them are the protagonists of their stories.) I'd like to try this but I don't have the time nor the friends.
If it was kinda philosophical thing with a lot to read between the lines, I'd probably like writing it.

MasterHiatus

I am back
Well, that is if you haven't agreed on anything. If you have things properly planned, like in my case, it will go smoothly....

dusktodawn

Actually i really want to do this , co-authorship . But how do you approach someone ? I vaguely approached some author and it ended up in him ignoring him , in the second case we discussed the basic plot , the ideologies of the main characters . And the first chapter almost began when we had a call on skype after which once again i got ignored .Oh well if anyone want to approach me feel free to do that.
What i actually wanted was to start from the beginning of civilization. The basic plot was that civilized humans get transmigrated / reincarnated in an utterly uncivilized world ( to the age of home erectus or homo Habilis ) from there on they shape the humanity once again with slight cheat abilities . Which basically included the social and scientific development. Which would obviously include removal of some dangerous social thoughts and scientific developments .
It's basically about changing the path in which humanity moves in order to gain a better path , even though the path might lead to a dead end .Though the story appears that it is far from reaching the original premise .
This was my vague attempt .

Last edited:

Draculus-del-Viafat

Actually i really want to do this , co-authorship . But how do you approach someone ?
In my case, it was the girl's initiative, 'cause I just commented on her poem, saying that it could make a nice book or sequel, and she was like, "Let's write it together", and I thought why not. But the best option, as for me, is adertising your ideas over the whole website in order to find someone who is interested.

dusktodawn

But the best option, as for me, is advertising your ideas over the whole website in order to find someone who is interested.
I actually advertised that (when i quoted about my vague attempt) . it's just that unlike you guys I don't know how to use an image as a link.

Draculus-del-Viafat

I actually advertised that (when i quoted about my vague attempt) . it's just that unlike you guys I don't know how to use an image as a link.
Yes, I saw it. I was just saying.
To make am image clickable you only have to insert an image in your message by clicking that image icon above your message area, then the message will have a small menu of features below it, you have to click on the chain icon and insert a link you want the picture to lead to. But this scheme only works with signatures, as I understood. Another way is to use this code: [*url=][*img][*/img][*/url], but I don't know if it works with this forum. It's supposed to. You place the image link in the middle between [*img], another url place after = and delete the stars.
Probably you know this method.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It depends on how much control you want over the story. In my case, the protagonist is based on myself, so of course I want to control my own narrative. However, I also put it up on CHYOA because I'm curious what different branches may look like. Nobody has come up with anything worth adding yet. There was one author who I think was probably too young to be using the site who wrote something that was too sloppy and off-topic to even consider publishing.