Unpopular Opinion About SHcord

Zeeksi

atgongumerki

I cannot challenge you on this 'opinion'.
Simply because it is not an opinion.
It is a fact, as it is the amalgamation of your experience.

The furthest anyone could go is question the kind of servers you frequent, but that would be a personal question.
And I don't care about who you are! (also I think I am not allowed to ask personal questions due to the forum rules)

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
It's hard to dispute an opinion when it's just that, an opinion. It's not a statement, implying you are insisting it is true or not. Opinions....can't technically be argued unless in an actual debate. Which I'm guessing you are opting out of.

And also, calling it purest...is definitely up for debate. I've seen people heavily discouraged from the discussion and outright insulted on the SH discord. Some of them were actually new members that I' haven't seen return to the discord. I even remember the names of the people insulted and those insulting. I've even spoken to one of them. Several of the abusers are actually fairly well liked on here in the forum. So, while I did not get involved, I witnessed the entire conversation. Purest is subjective. People are people and can be disgusting. Even the so-called popular ones. Putting the word "pure" with anything populated by a large number of people is laughable.

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Even with the pg-13 rule that doesn’t stop degens being degens.

Discount_Blade

Even with the pg-13 rule that doesn’t stop degens being degens.

People are willing to overlook the obvious, blatant faults in their friends or people they find reasonably pleasant to talk to. But are quick to point fingers at people they don't know or dislike. Also, if a friend is abusing someone verbally or physically, its actually more likely that the average person will join in if its a close friend doing the abuse even if they don't agree. Usually to preserve the friendship. As they say, "hell is paved with good intentions".

Dunno. I don't like people and I have no faith in humanity whatsoever. Seen too much awful shit in life from people. A significant portion of which were respected or heavily liked by their colleagues. Of course me being me, I was the one that openly called them out on it because I've never been one to be afraid of being banned/shunned. I see the same shit with people here on this site, in the discord and in the forum. Just on a smaller scale.

Last edited:

Zeeksi

People are willing to overlook the obvious, blatant faults in their friends or people they find reasonably pleasant to talk to. But are quick to point fingers at people they don't know or dislike. Also, if a friend if abusing someone verbally or physically, its actually more likely that the average person will join if its a close friend doing the abuse even if they don't agree. Usually to preserve the friendship. As they say, "hell is paved with good intentions".

Dunno. I don't like people and I have no faith in humanity whatsoever. Seen too much awful shit from people that the vast majority respected or liked and I was the one that called them out on it. See the same shit here. Just on a smaller scale.

Agreed. Your views are how I see the SH discord since last week and they've been reinforced by actions since.

It feels like I'm back at school where the popular kids are the bullies, the teachers like the popular kids and excuse the bullying and everyone else joins in to feel included but when you 'fight back' it's equal punishment for both.

Discount_Blade

Agreed. Your views are how I see the SH discord since last week and they've been reinforced by actions since.

It feels like I'm back at school where the popular kids are the bullies, the teachers like the popular kids and excuse the bullying and everyone else joins in to feel included but when you 'fight back' it's equal punishment for both.
Yes. Sadly, people are not unique. Very few people are actually special. If you're reading this, whoever you are, the odds are overwhelmingly against you being special in any meaningful way. Everyone almost inevitably enables this sort of unfair behavior unless for whatever reason, you have few friends or you are the one being bullied.

Most of us are copies of someone else. Not visually, but on the inside.

Personally, I was friends with some downright despicable people and while the chance to protect or at least defend the helpless/bullied etc, came quite often, I demurred and did nothing. Why? Because I'm not the hero in anyone's story. I don't want to be. Heroes are cursed existences to me. Rarely do they get any real appreciation and gratitude fades fast with time. A large portion of heroes tend to die miserable, and often times, with nothing to show for their noble existences. I'm not selfless enough for that and I'm glad I'm not. I'm sure this isn't always the case, but I'm wholly convinced it is the majority. I've never bullied or been bullied, but I was in a position to help and chose to standby. I am me and I own it. Most people, can't own up to themselves. They always have excuses for why it was supposedly different for them. But it wasn't different. You just can't accept that you aren't the special snowflake you hoped you were.

Last edited:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Koko what are you smoking. Where did you get "pure" from.