Updating question

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
So, since I have the itch to just write a fanfic now that I finished my last project, which I won't do until I at least beat the novella into shape, I am before a slight problem. I would like to post the book here. The chapters are small, just 1k word per chapter, give or take.

So, the question is: How often should I update? The novella is complete, so it is set in stone now. The feedback, if I even get any, won't do anything to it. Still, I remember that the readers here don't want to be spammed. Are daily updates a no-no?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
As much as you like. Honestly, you are not being paid for it.

Missivist

For reference, monthly Fantasy & Science Fiction magazines used to serialize novels over three issues, which would be about 15,000 to 30,000 words per issue. So, there is a precedent for publishing 1,000 words per day.

I checked the statistics for some stories I read on SH, and I am fine with daily chapters of 1,000 words. I am also fine with weekly chapters of 2,000 to 7,000 words. I tend to lose the plot with weekly chapters of 1,000 words, and I start dropping stories if 1,000-word chapters start coming out less than once a month.

So yes, you can publish a 1,000-word chapter a day, or every other day, or twice a week. If you have the chapters ready, I would advise against stretching it to once a week.

On the other hand, more than one chapter a day on SH actually gets awkward.

Agentt

Thighs
So, since I have the itch to just write a fanfic now that I finished my last project, which I won't do until I at least beat the novella into shape, I am before a slight problem. I would like to post the book here. The chapters are small, just 1k word per chapter, give or take.

So, the question is: How often should I update? The novella is complete, so it is set in stone now. The feedback, if I even get any, won't do anything to it. Still, I remember that the readers here don't want to be spammed. Are daily updates a no-no?
You could do it but weekly or weekly.