Using HISTORY in fiction: (The Lounge Podcast)

D.S.Nate

We talked about history and how it's used in fiction. We also talked about Cosmic Lore in stories.

I'll leave you guys with a question:

What kind of history inspires your story? And do you have cosmic Lore in your works?

We do Weekly podcasts like this every Saturday. If you want to partake then let me know.

Last edited:

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
mostly medieval history. I have a handful of historical channels I watch on youtube that give me ideas that I integrate into my works. Considering mine are high fantasy, it's not easy, but it's doable (such as using "arming swords" as opposed to "short swords", or using gambeson tunics as light armor as opposed to leather, though I do still use leather as well).

J_Chemist

I'd write something historical, but I'm also an idiot and would 100% get fact checked to death.

D.S.Nate

mostly medieval history. I have a handful of historical channels I watch on youtube that give me ideas that I integrate into my works. Considering mine are high fantasy, it's not easy, but it's doable (such as using "arming swords" as opposed to "short swords", or using gambeson tunics as light armor as opposed to leather, though I do still use leather as well).
My own history with history is funny (unlike this pun lol) When I was in school the stuff they talked about in history was really bland and limited in scope. It was not until I started looking into it myself did my interest in it grow. I YouTube for that. XD

Last edited:

Shyuurin

All my current works are historical fantasy. The amount of research I have to do...
Can you clarify what is meant by 'cosmic lore'?

D.S.Nate

All my current works are historical fantasy. The amount of research I have to do...
Can you clarify what is meant by 'cosmic lore'?
Sure thing. So cosmic lore is like the background lore weather that be the building blocks of the universe before the main story started or some cosmic horror (think H.P Lovecraft) that you as a write may understand may never be understood by the characters in the world (hence making it cosmic.)

D

Deleted member 54065

We talked about history and how it's used in fiction. We also talked about Cosmic Lore in stories.

What kind of history inspires your story? And do you have cosmic Lore in your works?

We do Weekly podcasts like this every Saturday. If you want to partake then let me know.
All the world's history inspires my work, even if it's isekai.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe

All the world's history inspires my work, even if it's isekai.
Clever. My story is historical... just some time in the future. You just never know when. I made sure to never know.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
What kind of history inspires your story?
Awww... that's so cute. You think time exists.

do you have cosmic Lore in your works?
So you want to know if someone who calls himself "The Eldritch God" might have "Cosmic" lore in his works.

latest-1002512756.jpg

bulmabriefs144

Well, for my story I researched anime history (along with events from 1982 to 2011). It was somewhat fascinating to try to figure out when certain episodes did or didn't air (I wanted to know if characters would be watching a show or not). Placing pop culture is difficult but rewarding.