Views

Am I Making a Big Deal Out of This? (Be warned.... your votes are publicly visible....)

• Yes

• No

• Why, you are, but I would be too!

Results are only viewable after voting.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
So, do views from people who don't have an account count or no? Do readers NEED to have an account for their views to count?

Yeah, just thought of this question out of nowhere.... and if this is already answered, please tell me anyway... thanks...

D

Deleted member 45782

No idea so can't answer. Would like to know. Is it views just from people signed in to SH and reading stories? Or just anyone who come across SH stories, including ones who have signed in and have not signed in but are just lurking?

CadmarLegend

No idea so can't answer. Would like to know. Is it views just from people signed in to SH and reading stories? Or just anyone who come across SH stories, including ones who have signed in and have not signed in but are just lurking?
Let's hope someone answers quickly.... who knows the answers......

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Well, logically speaking, readers without an account can't really rate a novel, favorite a chapter, and bookmark chapters, so wouldn't it make sense that the reader without an account can't be considered a viewer because it doesn't have the least of the authority to use the feature in the site?

So yeah, it is safe to assume, that a reader needs an account to have their views counted. If anyone has real proof and doesn't speak mere conjectures then prove that I am wrong.

D

Deleted member 45782

Still waiting.......
Test run? Create your story and publish it. Log out delete cookies/browser history and then go back on scribblehub without logging in to look up your story. Do this in different browsers/devices without logging in. Refresh browser after that and see if the views changed. maybe that might indicate how views really are.

CadmarLegend

Test run? Create your story and publish it. Log out delete cookies/browser history and then go back on scribblehub without logging in to look up your story. Do this in different browsers/devices without logging in. Refresh browser after that and see if the views changed. maybe that might indicate how views really are.
Ah, well, I think that the views are updated every 12hrs or so? So, I really can't expect people to not look at that story. Like, some new story, it it has 2 or 3 chapters, will already have views ranging from 100-1k views within a few hours of uploading..... and refreshing the page doesn't seem to update the new number of views.

Napelynn

Ah, well, I think that the views are updated every 12hrs or so? So, I really can't expect people to not look at that story. Like, some new story, it it has 2 or 3 chapters, will already have views ranging from 100-1k views within a few hours of uploading..... and refreshing the page doesn't seem to update the new number of views.
12 hours? 12 hours from the posting of the story or like every day at 12:00 am and pm?

CadmarLegend

12 hours? 12 hours from the posting of the story or like every day at 12:00 am and pm?
I believe it takes up to 12 hours for a moderator to approve of the story, and you get a few views, then they start to slow down on how much they grow for a long time, but then about 12 hours after that, the views for the story is updated, and you can see the true amount of views you have.

Ex. On my first translation, I get about 1k views per chapter. However, the view count usually stopped at 100 or 200 views. After waking up from sleep and refreshing my browser, I then could see the real amount of views. Refreshing my browser before that didn't help, though.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Yeah, views don't update in real time, so trying to manually check with a guest acc wouldn't work.

CadmarLegend

No official or some other type of reply yet....

CadmarLegend

Ah, got an official answer! It seems that ALL views count. So, then I thought of the question,"If you don't have to be registered as a user for your view to count, how will we know if your view was a valid read or a pageview since a vaild read needs to count your reading time for at least 1 minute?"

I think that because we need to accept cookies to use SH, this can work... am I right?