Wait. Is the Tetris theme based on the Tale of the Firebird?

Jemini

I was just looking into what I could find on the Russian Firebird based off another conversation I was having, and I suddenly ran across a piece of Russian folk music called Tale of the Firebird and couldn't help but notice how similar it sounded to the Tetris A theme.

I know Tetris was also a Russian game, so it is entirely plausible that the Tetris A theme might have really been an attempt at making something that sounded like Tale of the Firebird to fit in with the limitations of 8 bit electronic music. There are a lot more subtle tones and such in Tale of the Firebird and notes that are played with a different tempo, but the two really do sound very similar to the point where you find yourself confused if you listen to the two side by side and catch the points where the two are different (especially because the Tetris theme begins several of it's musical themes identically to Tale of the Firebird and then finishes them in a different way, which leaves you feeling really confused when you hear a theme end differently from one of them to the other.)

Anyway, here's the two side by side to listen to. What do you all think?

EDIT

Nope, never mind. I just found the real origin of the Tetris theme and it's not Tale of the Firebird. The real origin sounds almost identical with very few changes, and is called korobeiniki.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Still pretty similar, though!