WARNING! PIRATE / THEFT DISCOVERED

Viperqwer

Recently, I was running around Scribblehub when I found a curious little piece of writing.
Whilst reading it, I was struck with an overwhelming sense of deja vu.
Turns out, I was reading something I had already read. This was a pirated novel.
More spefically, it is a translation. Or it would be if the stealer didn't claim it as theirs.
Here is the novel I am talking about.
Now, you would be hard-pressed to find this english novel anywhere else. Because it originally wasn't english written. it was chinese.
Now, some will call it a translation, and I am inclined to agree on that. Except the "author" did not have a single word mentioning the actual author nor a word about this being translated. If anything, they are claiming it as theirs.
Here is the actual, original chinese novel.
This novel has been reported, and I hope that by the time this post gains traction the person behind it banned.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Ok, I did some digging. (Tinfoil hat on, and just pointing out observations).

Turns out this person is likely the same person over on Webnovel who, after 7 moths of inactivity, had a sudden spike of activity and posted this 'original' novel of theirs both there and here (nothing new for Webnovel btw). Patreon name matches, both versions are identical. Hell, the mistakes in the synopsis are the same.

I had a quick skim through the book, and it has mentions of 'tl notes', making it look somewhat like a translation, but nowhere in the synopsis or anywhere does it say this, so we can only assume that they're parading it as theirs.

The original has like 59 free chaps with another 140+ paid chaps (from what I can tell) on the site. This person here has already set up a patreon to sell these chapters past the already 15 up on SH (which mind you, you can already read for free over on the original site). Funnily enough, you can also read the 'patreon' chapters for free over on webnovel, so idk what's going on here.

Normally, I wouldn't think much, but the real kicker is that the original author's name is completely different from the one here and the patreon. I personally don't think the original author would use patreon either, since the original site hosts the paid chapters and they probably get paid directly from said site.

You'd think they'd do their due diligence.

But what do I know? I could be wrong for all I know as well, so please correct me if I am.

Last edited:

Oreo

Recently, I was running around Scribblehub when I found a curious little piece of writing.
Whilst reading it, I was struck with an overwhelming sense of deja vu.
Turns out, I was reading something I had already read. This was a pirated novel.
More spefically, it is a translation. Or it would be if the stealer didn't claim it as theirs.
Here is the novel I am talking about.
Now, you would be hard-pressed to find this english novel anywhere else. Because it originally wasn't english written. it was chinese.
Now, some will call it a translation, and I am inclined to agree on that. Except the "author" did not have a single word mentioning the actual author nor a word about this being translated. If anything, they are claiming it as theirs.
Here is the actual, original chinese novel.
This novel has been reported, and I hope that by the time this post gains traction the person behind it banned.

It's not the first time someone pirated/stole a novel and post it in this site tbh, but they are getting smarter.

Back in the days, they would just claim a BG novel from another site and gendbend the ML to make it GL. Very easy to spot.

Now, only someone who read the original work in Chinese would notice so it's harder to notice. I know a Naruto one and reported it too. Seem like more people is using this strategy to post stolen novel now.