What are some songs that tell a clear story?

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
There is a song that I heard once and since then I have been engraved in fire. It is a song in Spanish but can be found in English. The story is short, the moon wants to have a child, so she helps a mother to have a child, but things go wrong. What fascinates me about the song is the rhythm and the music itself, it gives an incredible air of fantasy that I don't think I've heard anywhere else.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
the entire Nightfall in Middle Earth album by Blind Guardian.
And most of Svartsot's output. Too many others to mention

Tempokai

Overworked One
Gloryhammer's entire albums are the stories masqueraded as a power metal music, they are 10/10

Jemini

I could remember a few more off the top of my head, and I'm sure I have quite a few more if I really put my mind to it. There are quite a few out there, especially in Country and in older music.

Also, it's not an individual song, but if you listen to all the songs in Linkin Park's Meteora album, none of them really have much of a story on their own, but all lined up in the proper order a story does come together from them in which there's an aggressive and and controlling father putting pressure on the children of the household, and causing the children stress and driving them to violently act out as they can't manage their emotions in this household. A lot of the story is told in sound cues and the alteration of the base line going from heavy to soft in alternating fashion between the songs in the ablum, and then the final 2 tracks bring it all together.

Lomyril

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet. Yes, it's a meme but it's also him telling a story.

He also has this one that tells a similar story.

KuroRapture

Pretty much anything from Diao Ye Zong. Or, from Kagerou Project. Also, most things from Sally (サリー), and many things from Yuyoyuppe.

Ah… I’ll stop myself there. It’s all fantastic music, but also, it is all Japanese. Jeez… I really am a weeb…

D

Deleted member 93348

This is why I'll never drink. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThomasBricks

"why paddy's not at work today" aka sick note written by Pat Cooksey

• The Sick Note lyrics tell the story of an Irish man named Paddy who worked as a bricklayer. He is telling the story to his boss, explaining why he can't be at work. A comical mishap on the job left him injured in a series of unfortunate events.

"why paddy's not at work today" aka sick note written by Pat Cooksey

• The Sick Note lyrics tell the story of an Irish man named Paddy who worked as a bricklayer. He is telling the story to his boss, explaining why he can't be at work. A comical mishap on the job left him injured in a series of unfortunate events.

here's the mightiest version

Gibbs505

True story of a man getting married and the shot by a fireing squad in the morning.

The Town I loved so well.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Ringo, Big Bad John, The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald, Peter and the wolf, Snoopy vs The Red Baron, The Highwaymen, Ghost Riders in the Sky, almost every Marty Robbins song, Almost every Johnny Horton song, Renegade (Styx), Come out you Black and Tans and almost all Wolf Tones songs (trigger warning for Bri’ish people), The Black Parade (whole album), Complete history of the Soviet Union arranged to the melody of Tetris, The S.S Krill (A gay pirate opera). ( just the ones I can think off of the top of my head.)

Last edited:

Major2501

Tool songs are all pretty much personally subjective, except this one. Makes you wonder who inspired it. 😆