What are the most common types of One Piece fanfics out there?

OP1000

Hello!!!!
To all the users on this site that read One Piece fanfics, what are the main types of One Piece fanfics that you have read online?

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
For me, One Piece is the type of story that fanfiction doesn't work well with.

Fanfic for me is a way to express a writer's admiration and passion to the original source material and creator.

One Piece lore is as vast as the ocean and as rich as the depth of the sea, so unless you are Tekking101 (The One Piece encyclopaedia himself), there would always be a sense of lacking, missing something comparing to the original story

Redyoshi

Hello!!!!
To all the users on this site that read One Piece fanfics, what are the main types of One Piece fanfics that you have read online?
Uhh.. (READ 'THIS' WEBNOVEL)

-One Piece: Reborn as Ace
(by MessyLife)"41chp" [DROPPED]

-One Piece: White Hunter (by BravoBuds)
"60 chp"

-One Piece: Finally Free-
(by TheEnlightenedSage)
"205 chp"

-One Piece: Like Father like Son!-
(by End_boss)"114chp"

-One Piece: The Template (by Fargouz)"60chp"

One Piece: Revolutionary (by xLucqs)"58chp"
[HIATUS]

-Price of Freedom- Remastered
(by Monkey_godking)"103chp"

Last edited:

The_3rd_Book

Pedagogical Cannibalism?
Hello!!!!
To all the users on this site that read One Piece fanfics, what are the main types of fanfics you have read online?
Straw hat ones. Why must they join the main crew? I don't know, but it's widespread.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
What's one piece? Is that the card game with the guy who looks like he french kissed a light socket? I saw an animated CGI where he fought Rick. That was kinda cool.

bulmabriefs144

Straw hat ones. Why must they join the main crew? I don't know, but it's widespread.
That seems a shame. Like seriously, without creating an Original Character (do not steal), One Piece has so much potential to simply follow one of the other crews. Eustace Kid adventures? Sure, why not.

galaxy123

I hate One Piece fics which have system, system will ruin everything.
Imagine it took Kaido decades to master his Haki, meanwhile: "Congratulations host, you have successfully done 5 push-ups so you will get Advanced Armament and Goro goro no mi" lol

There are also stories where the authors don't care about One Piece's power hierarchy, they even flatter the MC from the very first chapters. They used the excuse that MC had trained for 3 years and was able to defeat an admiral, then a few weeks later MC easily defeated an Admiral. Wtf dude?

So far my favorite One Piece fanfics are:
+ Transcended as Lord Buggy
+ One Piece: Struggle of the Weak
That's all

Last edited:

UberNuber

Not to be shameless and promote my own fanfic, but...

Ligerzero79us

There a story called rubber human in MHA on this website but the author of the story haven't be on this website or on the story that day Nov 7, 2022 and gone ghost never been be seen again

OP1000

I hate One Piece fics which have system, system will ruin everything.
Imagine it took Kaido decades to master his Haki, meanwhile: "Congratulations host, you have successfully done 5 push-ups so you will get Advanced Armament and Goro goro no mi" lol

There are also stories where the authors don't care about One Piece's power hierarchy, they even flatter the MC from the very first chapters. They used the excuse that MC had trained for 3 years and was able to defeat an admiral, then a few weeks later MC easily defeated an Admiral. Wtf dude?

So far my favorite One Piece fanfics are:
+ Transcended as Lord Buggy
+ One Piece: Struggle of the Weak
That's all
I also do not enjoy One Piece fanfics with systems. When I first started reading fanfics with systems, I did not mind them at all. But as I started reading more One Piece fanfics, I started to dislike the ones with systems for the reasons that you mentioned in your post. I remember reading a fanfic where the protagonists were capable of swimming despite having Devil Fruit abilities all because they had a system that allowed them to do so.

I really liked the fanfics that you mentioned in your post. They really are well written stories.
There a story called rubber human in MHA on this website but the author of the story haven't be on this website or on the story that day Nov 7, 2022 and gone ghost never been be seen again
I really liked that story. Nice to see someone else that enjoys this work.
Oh there are many of those types of fanfics. Some of them can be really good though, like Monster of the Straw Hats.