What Are Topics You'd Like To Know More About With Storytelling?

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
At this point, most of you know I run a YouTube channel where I share my expertise to help people better tackle various things. Due to how I am, I have this rich storehouse of information, examples, and so forth. In truth, I own over two thousand books due to how I am. This means I have a lot I can cover, but sometimes this can lead to a bit of analysis paralysis for me since I'm constantly thinking about what should the next video be. What would be the most helpful thing to make?

So, with that in mind, I'd love to know what topics you'd like to see tackled. It can be prose-related, storytelling-oriented, psychology stuff for authors, etc. Genre-specific advice? Character-related stuff? Worldbuilding? Magic system? Tropes? The list goes on and on for stuff I can hook you up with. Just ask.

Oh and for those who don't know how much I do know or dabble in, I'll provide these samples of my work. I'm still growing, learning, and experimenting as a video creator, but I overall stand by the knowledge I put into this stuff.

Last edited:

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
Anything on writing simple? Something meant to be read fast-paced and doesn't linger on descriptions for too long.
Easy enough. I actually have tackled this a small bit, though I can go more into detail on how to achieve it.

All the time i feel like my writing feels dull like there isnt any emotions or missing something

Could you link me to your writing or examples where you feel this? I might be able to better diagnosis this then and see if I already made something that could help you.

DonHon

Cat enthusiast
Easy enough. I actually have tackled this a small bit, though I can go more into detail on how to achieve it.

Could you link me to your writing or examples where you feel this? I might be able to better diagnosis this then and see if I already made something that could help you.
Oh wait! no i got it i cant describe the action of my characters clearly.. yeah thats the problem

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I don't know if you have made this video yet, but I remember asking for something on repetition. Repeating words/phrases to strengthen an idea in a fiction.

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
Oh wait! no i got it i cant describe the action of my characters clearly.. yeah thats the problem
Oh, you mean character beats? Or just getting the visual down for something?

I don't know if you have made this video yet, but I remember asking for something on repetition. Repeating words/phrases to strengthen an idea in a fiction.

Gotcha, rhetoric devices! Plus I'll be touching on stuff like that a bit this week with cadence.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
How to write different points of view/moralities. (Objective/subjective/social/outcome)
Explain the seven answers and three non-answers to a binary question.
Why love is the weakest emotion

Oh. how to write Isekai.

ArrogantYoungMaster

Humblest Cultivator 🍵🫖
How to write fight scenes
Xianxia/Xuanhuan Genre
Tone
How to trend on ScribbleHub without writing Girls Love
Parodies and Satire
Evil/Gray/Amoral Protagonists

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
Sometimes I feel like my characters have control of how the story go more than me, I want to get to one point but somehow ended up going in circle before reaching the point.

In your opinion, is this a good thing from an author's point of view?

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
How to write different points of view/moralities. (Objective/subjective/social/outcome)
Explain the seven answers and three non-answers to a binary question.
Why love is the weakest emotion

Oh. how to write Isekai.
Hmm... Well, I can see an immediate way to do 2 out of 4 of those. Well, 3, but I'm not sure if there would be much interest in one of those 3. I can't really do one on "why love is the weakest emotion" while it just being geared towards writers yet.

How to write fight scenes
Xianxia/Xuanhuan Genre
Tone
How to trend on ScribbleHub without writing Girls Love
Parodies and Satire
Evil/Gray/Amoral Protagonists
Okay, almost all of these are easy for me to make videos on.

I actually did a small video on fight scenes in the past, you can look it up if you want, though there is so much more I can do and want to say. That video was just me scratching an itch. I also actually spoke about tone once before in a past video, but that video is eh, so I should just make it a separate one. Tone itself though is super easy to understand once you realize it's split up between 5 different aspects.
Sometimes I feel like my characters have control of how the story go more than me, I want to get to one point but somehow ended up going in circle before reaching the point.

In your opinion, is this a good thing from an author's point of view?
I can relate to this a bit actually.

Ultimately this comes around to pantsing, which... okay, I'll work on stuff to discuss my feelings on pantsing and techniques I've picked up for it.
Hmm... I'll see what I can do. But yeah, could you give me an example of your struggle? Like, something you want to describe specifically and find it hard to. The more I have to go off of, the easier it is for me to diagnose.
How to properly handle a big-oppaied onee-san character?
Can you give me some examples to analyze?

I would like to know what books did you read? It might help us too
I include my research material in episodes all the time. That said, if someone would like to know my all-time favorites or the ones that have helped me the most, I could make episodes on that. There are certain ones that were bigger game changers for me than others.

Last edited:

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
A post from you right after my request? coincident ? I think not.

But since you are here, why not talk about something like multi purpose item, like a candle that can also be use as a wand, or a fan that can create whirlwind.

BlackKnightX

Can you give me some examples to analyze?
That was a joke. Here are something you might wanna explore: world- building, how to outline and handle a large narrative and story with multiple threads, going in-depth about the practical use of theme, symbol, and motif.

DarkDuck09

How to world build without info dumping like an anime villain would be a good one. Could touch on the ice-berg idea.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
How to utilize your prose to match/enhance the plot and theme

How to build suspense and when

How to best introduce characters and the different methods to get there

How to find or create a hook within the first 2-10 pages

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
I'm just watching everything because it's informative. It's better than mindlessly scrolling through shorts. XD