What do you all think of my synopsis?

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
I am 18 chapters in... but I want your critique of the summary.

"Chaotic forces have emerged and warriors of the elements are needed. A teenage boy becomes the next warrior of fire in order to not only fight against the agents of chaos, but to protect those close to him. Fighting villains and crossing worlds is just part of adolescence... right?"

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
it feels a little generic. In fantasy, anime, etc. … yeah it is a typical part of adolescence. What makes *these worlds* *these chaotic forces* and *this* teenage boy special?
what’s the title? I’ll give it a quick read and then I can update my feedback.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
it feels a little generic. In fantasy, anime, etc. … yeah it is a typical part of adolescence. What makes *these worlds* *these chaotic forces* and *this* teenage boy special?
what’s the title? I’ll give it a quick read and then I can update my feedback.
Okay, buy all I want to know if I should change the synopsis.

Terrate

The title asks what we think of the synopsis. Now, all you want is to actually know if you should change it? That should've been the title in the first place.

Now on to the synopsis. Yes, you should change it, it's too short and doesn't really explain much. You basically summarized what a shounen synopsis looks like. Maybe add something more to the words that would make it seem different? like what kind of Warrior of fire he's gonna be and what kind of worlds are he going to cross. Can't really say much more since I don't know your story other than fighting "villains"

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
No. I don't think the generic words need to be changed. After all, you are going for the generic style of teen hero up againsting evil. Whether or not have school life element is up for debate.

If that is what you are writing for, then go for it.

If you must change, ask yourself what else you can add?

The MC name? The troubles in detail? The stakes, not just his family and friends lives, but also his own personal relationship?

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
A lot of times people try to make the summary match the style of the story, which is why I thought reading a few chapters could give me better insight into whether your synopsis captured the story’s spirit. For example, you could look at TheMonotonePuppet’s story Charisma. It’s summary is actually an introduction from the perspective of the MC, the unreliable narrator.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
I redid the synopsis.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
A lot of times people try to make the summary match the style of the story, which is why I thought reading a few chapters could give me better insight into whether your synopsis captured the story’s spirit. For example, you could look at TheMonotonePuppet’s story Charisma. It’s summary is actually an introduction from the perspective of the MC, the unreliable narrator.
OHMYSTARS! People! Talking about my story! Without me having started the conversation!!! Oh my stars!!! ⭐️
I redid the synopsis.
This also feels generic, but I think it is an improvement! If you don’t want to change it more, just delete the word “named” and it should get more readers.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
OHMYSTARS! People! Talking about my story! Without me having started the conversation!!! Oh my stars!!! ⭐️

This also feels generic, but I think it is an improvement! If you don’t want to change it more, just delete the word “named” and it should get more readers.
Okay