(What If "game") Entering a Barbie World!

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
(This is meant to be a fun “what if” and not a writing prompt – you can just give brief descriptions or less for your answers. If you want to use it as a writing prompt, you can as well. It’s pulled from a pre-existing RPG my friend and I write.)

One day your character(s) are randomly thrown into the world of a classic Barbie film.
For those who are unfamiliar with these films, they’re typically not about Barbie, but have Barbie “playing” a character and taking part in a fantastical good vs evil story. Most involve magic, some are musicals, and all of them have glitter, pink stuff, pretty dresses, etc.. I will post examples at the bottom.

While trapped in this world, your character(s) are bound by the laws that govern it. This means that:
  • They can’t swear, say violent things, or say anything too dark or upsetting (writing it or any other “get around” method also doesn’t work).
  • They can’t kill anyone or hurt them in a serious or gory way (but vice versa).
  • Sex and sexuality is banned, and so is talking about them. Gay couples can only avoid being completely censored into “good friends” if they’re married when they arrive and still cannot be as openly romantic with each other as straight couples. ALL couples are limited to holding hands and hugging (since only Barbie can get a chaste Happily Ever After kiss on rare occasions).
  • Barbie cannot be defeated permanently. People who cheat or trick her without redeeming themselves before the end will be punished.
  • The power of love and believing in yourself is the strongest power in the world, although it’s difficult to trigger.
Your character(s) is/are not aware of these rules when they first arrive, but they learn them as they progress. Whenever they try to perform a blocked action, the world physically prevents them from carrying it out. This takes the form of stopping them from talking entirely until they say something acceptable, freezing their body or limb, and so forth.

What they do know from the moment they arrived is what they have to do to escape, as this knowledge has been directly transferred to them.
The only methods are to gain the trust of the character Barbie is playing by helping her to defeat the villains
OR
to carry out the impossible task of helping the cartoonish villains defeat Barbie’s character once and for all.
If the plot ends without them taking action, they’ll be stuck forever.

So, what do they do? How do they adjust to this new (possibly horrific) world? What adventures of their own would they get up to on the side?

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
:blob_evil_two: My character would turn the entire planet into a lifeless ice cube before succumbing to such stupid rules like these. Death before dishonour.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
:blob_evil_two: My character would turn the entire planet into a lifeless ice cube before succumbing to such stupid rules like these. Death before dishonour.

It's impossible because you would become a major villain, and thus be stopped by Barbie.

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
I have a vague recollection of those from watching with my older cousins. There was a magic and a unicorn one for sure

Llamadragon

Oh god, Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper. My little sister watched it several times a day for a year. I still know the lyrics.

Rizon

I will kill them all with the power of love!
71595386_940868219610558_4148207211228692480_n.jpg

Or... Kill them with a kamehameHEART!
I'm sure they will die out of love overdose
71896699_2451321598442532_1298269210857701376_n.jpg

At least they get to die happy??

Last edited:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Oh god, Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper. My little sister watched it several times a day for a year. I still know the lyrics.

It's still one of the best~!

I will kill them all with the power of love!
View attachment 1409
Or... Kill them with a kamehameHEART!
I'm sure they will die out of love overdose
View attachment 1410
At least they get to die happy??

Not for you, but for your story characters. You don't have to live in this magical world of happiness~! You can stay here in this miserable one with the rest of us~!

Llamadragon

".... This idea hurts me at the level of my soul." the taller of the two women said with a bitter grin on her face, staring down into her jug of the strongest alcohol she had found within the city walls. Apple cider with what she guessed was a 3% alcoholic content.
"I know, right." her shorter companion said with a big sparkling smile.
"This won't work.."
"Cait, darling... it's a Barbie movie. Of course it will."
"We could still take our chances with the villain.."
"You're a professional singer. And we've seen like ten people break out into spontaneous songs in the past three hours already. It's in their culture, Cait, we won't even stand out. It's how they socialize."
"It isn't the singing, Ylva."
"Well, I for one think it is time that you get over this psychological barrier and embrace the girliness that your childhood self buried in the deepest cellars of your dark and shriveled metalhead heart. When we go back home, you can write a death metal song about how terrible the Barbie world was and get it out of your system."
Cait was a redhead who stood out quite a bit, due to being the only person she'd seen so far who actually had tattoos. They were all images of adorable bunnies now, to Ylvas never ending source of amusement. Nothing was particularly noteworthy about Ylva in this setting - blond, hair cropped at her shoulders, though Cait could swear her eyes were extra sparkly now.
With a defeated groan, Cait finished her jug of the closest she could get to a beer and stood up.
"Forget it. Lets just find Barbie before the plot progress too far. But if this doesn't work, we're joining the villain."
"That's fair. But I've always wanted to do something like this, you know?"
"Had a hunch. Do you want to start or should I?"
"Oh please, after you, Cait."

Cait ran her hand through her hair one final time. Something seemed to die in her eyes as she steeled her nerves, accepted fate, and finally threw her arms back to ~twirl~ across the plaza.

Cait: Oooooh, I dreeeaaam of adventureeeeeee, of the journey that leads out of heeeeere! Of the freedom to sing, unrestrictedly, to speak as I wish and be freeeeeee!
Ylva: This town surely hold endless beauty! With its gardens of roses and thyyyyyme! But when, ooo-oh when, shall adventure begin? And our tale take us away to seeeeeeeee!
*A bunch of musicians on a bench starts playing along because apparently they're actually paid by the mayor to sit there and support anybody who breaks out into spontaneous singing*
Cait: To see, the world and its wonders! To visit horizons so faaaaar! A thousand dreams of endless paths, of beasts and landscapes and.. uh... what even rhymes with paths... er.... haaaaats!
Ylva: ... seriously? Hats?
Cait: Half my vocabulary is banned by the very universe, I'm doing my best...
????: Did someone say hats???
*A woman and a cat both dance upon the plaza, both of them wearing leather boots and matching leather hats with little pink plastic diamonds*
Ylva: See, Cait? I told you it would work! That's gotta be her!
????: Are you fellow hat enthusiasts, by chance?
Cait: ... yeaaaaaaah, uh.... hats. Hats... are awesome. Uh.
Ylva: There are so many hats to behoooooold in the woooorld! There are pink ones and green ones and hats made of gooooold!
????: There are hats made of wool and hats made of siiiiilk! There are hats so great that they do not have ilk!
Ylva and ????: Haaaaaats aaaaaare woooooonderfuuuuul! Haaaaats aaaaaare wooooonderfuuuuul!
Random people around the plaza: Haaaaaaats aaaaare wooooonderfuuuuul!
Cait: ... why. Why is this happening to me. *covers face with hands*
Ylva: My name is Ylva, and this is Cait! What might your name be, fair lady?
Barbie: I am Barbie in boots! And this is my cat, Puss in boots!
Cait: *starts to shake*
Barbie: Oh dear, what ever has happened to her?
Ylva: It's the villain... he stole her favorite hat.
Barbie: Oh no! Then we must go get it back! I am on a journey to defeat the evil, won't you join me?
Ylva: Oh, that would be wonderful! Did you hear that, Cait? We'll go get your hat back!
Cait: Kill me now.
Barbie: Oh goodness, you must really love that hat! Don't worry! We will surely find it!
Ylva: *cackles*

Last edited:

lilly2805

The thought of going into a Barbie world is so horrifying that I can't even think of what I'd do with myself lol

lilly2805

Not yourself, but your characters~!
(Sorry thought it was for me going in it xD)
I guess my character would try to find someone who she could tell her situation to. So she can have someone who understands what she's going through; someone to trust. Upon noticing that something restricted her, she would turn passive.
Get a house on a farm, buy some plastic farm animals and live comfortably. Maybe become friends with some of her Barbie neighbors too.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
(Sorry thought it was for me going in it xD)
I guess my character would try to find someone who she could tell her situation to. So she can have someone who understands what she's going through; someone to trust. Upon noticing that something restricted her, she would turn passive.
Get a house on a farm, buy some plastic farm animals and live comfortably. Maybe become friends with some of her Barbie neighbors too.

She wouldn't try to assist with the plot at all?

lilly2805

She wouldn't try to assist with the plot at all?
It depends on the way the original story goes, if there was a character that died, she would help that person to stop them from dying.
Other than stopping the really bad stuff (like someones death), she just doesn't want to play God just because she knows everything.
Most plots in story's are a place for those characters to grow into what they are meant to become, she doesn't know if her interference could cause people who were meant to live to die.
By her changing things, it could make the villain in the world win. Even though the Rules wouldn't let that happen, she doesn't know that. She just follows her morals.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Garnet had realized that she could no longer swear and it ******* ****** her off. Each time she tried she would sputter and cough violently. It was as if the world had changed not only her looks, but also her mind itself. Something unsettling had put a shock collar around her and the malaise gnawed away at her sanity.

It had been only a few days since since this bright and colourful hell had begun. She wondered what foul existence had done this to her. How could she have possibly deserved this? Cursing every second of her new life she racked her brain for the most expedient solution to escape.

"... suicide?"

Garnet shook her head. The chilling idea had only come about due to her distress. She shouldn't be thinking about whether suicide was possible or not this early in the game. After all, she wasn't the only one who came to this strange world. In the best case scenario, one of the others would work as a good test subject to probe that filthy, plastic ***** Barbie. As for her, she would wait until a more opportune time or wait until she is forced to act. By gravitating towards the side more likely to succeed she could increase her chances of escaping this forsaken world of sunshine and pastel colours.

One day she would return to the world where red blood pours, bones snap, and smiles turn upside down.

As Garnet was smiling wickedly she caught sight of a young girl running towards her. Her maid. Out of breath and flustered, the girl came to a sudden stop in front of her, the remnants of tears still in her eyes.

"Milady!"

"Eh, uh, yes what is it?"

Although, her maid Mira was an irritation, she was a comrade in troubled times; a confidante who shared her own strife and struggle.

"At first I didn't know what to make of it. I was so scared milady! B-but everyone here, everywhere here, it's so peaceful and nice!"

****. Garnet began to cough violently from her attempt to swear at her deceived comrade. Mira, that fool, was already losing sight of what was necessary! She had the strong urge to slap the ******* **** out of her, but shuddered after remembering how her hand had painfully cramped for several minutes when she had last attempted to strike someone.

She held her head dismally as Mira continued to describe, with excitement, the people she had met and the things she had seen. Perhaps there was a solution somewhere in this disappointing maid who was currently gushing over the sickly-sweet world they were trapped in. It could be possible to use Mira as a pawn to get closer to that insufferable Barbie. Like a Trojan horse, Garnet would hide within the ruse of Mira's amicability.

The thought brought a devious smile to her face causing Mira to recoil upon noticing.

Last edited: