What is 4chan?

Traineye

The point of 4chan is not to be famous. Why the fuck would you think that? The point of the website is to have actual real discussions. Since everyone is anonymous, you can say what you truly feel, this lead to the "toxic" reputation. But 4chan is a place that entirely rejects the idea of "toxic" behavior. Almost everything is fair game and each board has it's own unique culture. This level of freedom is why 4channers spawn a majority of all good internet memes, although quality has gone down in recent years.
I knew I’d regret posting it, but ehh whatever I learned a few more things than usually today. Maybe I shouldn’t live under a rock anymore.

NickTehKnight

I literally don't know what it is, except it is a messaging board of sorts.
An anonymous messaging board; like anything anonymous, it can host some pretty vile things. There is some okay people but, it's content for the most part is pretty bad. Being the host of Pol, it prays on the politically uninformed. Just be careful -- it has also been known to dox others. Homophobia, Transphobia, and JQ shit abound. I'd recommend against visiting it.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I don't know what Futaba is.
Futaba is also known as 2chan. It's Japanese. You probably don't know that either. Simple enough to say that Ai-chan has nothing to do with it, though we did organize a mob lynching/hacking of mangatraders websites for stealing and making money off scanlator works during the time when scanlators operated secretly and never asked for money/donation. 4chan was amazing when it comes to gathering hackers together to deal with a crowd injustice. Many Anonymous sessions were recruited over 4chan.

So in short, it's basically a 'place on the net where everything used to be acceptable'. Nowadays, it's much tamer and its position as the 'place where everything is acceptable' has been taken over by the dark web. Can't be helped, since 4chan is indexed and the prudes of the west decided to slam legislation after legislation on it to the point that the site owner said, "Enough is enough! I've had it with all these lawsuits!"

For a while, there was a 5chan project after the site owner of 4chan buckled under legislative pressure. However, it didn't last long due to the same problems that 4chan suffered. From time to time, 5chan resurfaced, but disappeared again.

Anyway,

"My Chinese friend gave me a present, so I asked him "Who is this for, Chan?"